Stage Select Bar and Grill

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Stage Select Bar and Grill

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:28 am

muffinstud wrote:[No worries. I'll just punish you by putting you at the bottom of the reply list! Muahaha!]

This ditzy, bouncy lady sure can take a hit. It seems easy enough to dodge her, but she leaps around erratically as she tries to swipe at Maxwell. She doesn't even try to doge the blasts, instead running straight through them and revealing her metallic skeleton underneath a la Terminator. "And now I'll have to reapply my eyeliner! How rude!"

Maxwell grimaces, finding it increasingly difficult to avoid the ditzy robot-lady's powerful swings, particularly as her erratic leaps threaten to bring her closer and closer, despite the damage the muon blasts are doing to her armor. Maxwell's stun blade flickers as she lashes at the robot while dodging particularly close swings, but even its powerful electrical charges likely won't even slow the powerful robot down. She can't hold out that much longer...

The sound of approaching helicopters can be heard, however, the drone of their engines growing louder as they race closer. Reinforcements!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Harri-chan wrote:"Wha? No way... I thought you were going to blow me up!", he said, tilting her head to one side. "I've had robots do that to me before you know... ".

The robot girl blushes. "I hope I wasn't involved... I don't like hurting people any more. People keep blowing me up when I do." She stops moving quite so much, but still keeps plenty of distance between her and Elliot.

Blaze wrote:Alex does in fact notice these things! Ditzy does not imply unobservant after all.

"Heeeeeeey, why are these slots all totally ruined and burned? That is terrible unawesome!" @_@

The blue manly bot walks over and checks them out. "Hmm, that's new. That's where their power chips are supposed to be. Maybe that's why it was so easy to beat them. I wondered why they hadn't used any of their special abilities."

The observant ditz would also notice the three robots seemingly had nothing in common. One had a shattered lightbulb sticking out of the top of his head. Another was blue and very shiny. The third looked like he had horns sticking out of his head, and four legs.

Ookalf wrote:What... Cover? Shouldn't we be trying to help her? *Ookalf struggles in the woman's grasp.*

The woman keeps a firm grasp on Ookalf, making his struggling, wiggling attempts press against her in interesting ways. She blushes, then a vein pops in her forehead. "I'll take care of it, Grabby McGee!" And with that, she tosses Ook in the direction of the bar. "Why is it every guy I meet is a perv..."

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Maxwell grimaces, finding it increasingly difficult to avoid the ditzy robot-lady's powerful swings, particularly as her erratic leaps threaten to bring her closer and closer, despite the damage the muon blasts are doing to her armor. Maxwell's stun blade flickers as she lashes at the robot while dodging particularly close swings, but even its powerful electrical charges likely won't even slow the powerful robot down. She can't hold out that much longer...

The sound of approaching helicopters can be heard, however, the drone of their engines growing louder as they race closer. Reinforcements!

Indeed, the powerful ditz closes into melee range and stays there, swiping like a wild animal. She seems to be overcome with rage, leaving herself open as she flails wildly. Maxwell easily lands a swipe with her stun blade, but if the mechanical woman is wounded by it, she doesn't show any sign.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:09 pm

muffinstud wrote:The woman keeps a firm grasp on Ookalf, making his struggling, wiggling attempts press against her in interesting ways. She blushes, then a vein pops in her forehead. "I'll take care of it, Grabby McGee!" And with that, she tosses Ook in the direction of the bar. "Why is it every guy I meet is a perv..."

...Perv? *Though you can't see it through his helmet, Ookalf has distinctly confused look on his face right about now, even as he crashes into the front of the building.* Ugh... What was that all about?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Elliot seemed just as nervous, not making any attempt to close the gap between them as he watched the robot girl cautiously. "I'm not going to hurt you, I just came to help out with the cleaning... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Alex examines the chassis's of the three robots.

"Wow~! The evil robot bosses must be equal op-por-tuhn-eh-ty em-ploy-ehrs!" @__@
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 am

muffinstud wrote:[Indeed, the powerful ditz closes into melee range and stays there, swiping like a wild animal. She seems to be overcome with rage, leaving herself open as she flails wildly. Maxwell easily lands a swipe with her stun blade, but if the mechanical woman is wounded by it, she doesn't show any sign.

Maxwell does her best to fend off the ditz's powerful blows, jabbing at the frenzied robot with her stun blade whenever she gets an opening -- but is dismayed to find the electrical discharges have no apparent effect! What's more, that momentary distraction is enough of an opportunity for the ditzy robot to land a solid blow on Maxwell's side, and with a sickening crunch the young woman is sent flying off to the side, skidding across the dirt! She winces and clutches at her side, apparently unable to even get to her feet for the moment.

Should the ditz robot plan to follow up on her strike, however, she'll find her path suddenly blocked by another woman with short white hair, wearing a similar military uniform to Maxwell's, although with minimal sign of body armor. The woman sizes up the ditzy robot for a moment, and then tsks. "Oi oi, you beating up on my little sis here? Why don't ya pick on someone yer own size?" she says, giving the furious robot a cocky grin.

A mechanical voice speaks up from behind the robot, in response. "Now, now, we should at least give our opponent a chance to negotiate," the voice says, belonging to a rather sleek, if highly sophisticated-looking robot. "Perhaps she will be willing to speak to another robot."

"Bah... listen, XIU-13, these punks have already messed up quite a few of our troops... and I'm hankering for a good brawl." The woman smacks her fist into her hand, obviously ready to fight.

Meanwhile, on the outskirts of the park, CTC vertols start to set down, medics in white uniforms rushing to tend to the wounded soldiers from before, as well as any civilians that remain in the area. Additional troops, these apparently much more heavily armored with powered suits and heavy weapons, begin establishing a new perimeter, although if Ookalf and the robotic woman are still nearby, the soldiers will be watching them warily.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot seemed just as nervous, not making any attempt to close the gap between them as he watched the robot girl cautiously. "I'm not going to hurt you, I just came to help out with the cleaning... ".

The girl seems to be just as cautious, and even has a nervous shake. "Oh. I... won't get in your way. Just... be careful. This used to be... his lab."

Blaze wrote:Alex examines the chassis's of the three robots.

"Wow~! The evil robot bosses must be equal op-por-tuhn-eh-ty em-ploy-ehrs!" @__@

"Nah, more like they were built by an evil mad scientist. Because evil is stupid." He nods, as if this is an absolute truth of the universe. "And these three were always losers." The blue robot starts pressing some buttons on one of his forearms. "So... I take it that the teleporter's working now? It would be the only reliable way to find me." His forearm hums. "Cool. How about we go see Roll and find out who needs blowing up next?"

Ookalf wrote:...Perv? *Though you can't see it through his helmet, Ookalf has distinctly confused look on his face right about now, even as he crashes into the front of the building.* Ugh... What was that all about?

The woman is too far away to respond, having turned back to the park. Behind the partially cracked wall he smacked into, Ookalf can hear some voices and music coming out from the bar.

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:
Maxwell does her best to fend off the ditz's powerful blows, jabbing at the frenzied robot with her stun blade whenever she gets an opening -- but is dismayed to find the electrical discharges have no apparent effect! What's more, that momentary distraction is enough of an opportunity for the ditzy robot to land a solid blow on Maxwell's side, and with a sickening crunch the young woman is sent flying off to the side, skidding across the dirt! She winces and clutches at her side, apparently unable to even get to her feet for the moment.

Should the ditz robot plan to follow up on her strike, however, she'll find her path suddenly blocked by another woman with short white hair, wearing a similar military uniform to Maxwell's, although with minimal sign of body armor. The woman sizes up the ditzy robot for a moment, and then tsks. "Oi oi, you beating up on my little sis here? Why don't ya pick on someone yer own size?" she says, giving the furious robot a cocky grin.

A mechanical voice speaks up from behind the robot, in response. "Now, now, we should at least give our opponent a chance to negotiate," the voice says, belonging to a rather sleek, if highly sophisticated-looking robot. "Perhaps she will be willing to speak to another robot."

"Bah... listen, XIU-13, these punks have already messed up quite a few of our troops... and I'm hankering for a good brawl." The woman smacks her fist into her hand, obviously ready to fight.

Meanwhile, on the outskirts of the park, CTC vertols start to set down, medics in white uniforms rushing to tend to the wounded soldiers from before, as well as any civilians that remain in the area. Additional troops, these apparently much more heavily armored with powered suits and heavy weapons, begin establishing a new perimeter, although if Ookalf and the robotic woman are still nearby, the soldiers will be watching them warily.

The robo-ditz hisses at the new arrivals, and readies herself for another feral leap. Just before she can though, a huge blob of energy fires itself off and smacks her. Now missing much of her head and an arm, the mechanical skeleton fizzles and half-heartedly leaps forward a foot or two before twitching and completely stopping altogether.

The bescarfed woman in red from before cocks the cannon on her arm and jumps to where Maxwell fell. "No! Stupid... Rrrgh, this is what I get for trying to help people..." She looks down in worry, then up at the two that are Maxwell's... sisters? "Is she going to make it?"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Alex gasp and nodnods!

"Yeah~! If we work together, we can blow up even more bad robots than we could alone~! And that's super good!"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:42 pm

muffinstud wrote:The woman is too far away to respond, having turned back to the park. Behind the partially cracked wall he smacked into, Ookalf can hear some voices and music coming out from the bar.

Mm... *Trusting the woman to keep her word on taking care of things, Ookalf shakes his head and heads into the building.* Hello?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 am

"Yeah... I kinda figured that out...", he said, slowly moving back to the tables, and ran a finger along the outside of a dust-covered beaker filled with red liquid. "What kind of lab was it?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:48 pm

muffinstud wrote:The robo-ditz hisses at the new arrivals, and readies herself for another feral leap. Just before she can though, a huge blob of energy fires itself off and smacks her. Now missing much of her head and an arm, the mechanical skeleton fizzles and half-heartedly leaps forward a foot or two before twitching and completely stopping altogether.

The bescarfed woman in red from before cocks the cannon on her arm and jumps to where Maxwell fell. "No! Stupid... Rrrgh, this is what I get for trying to help people..." She looks down in worry, then up at the two that are Maxwell's... sisters? "Is she going to make it?"

Of the two new arrivals from the CTC, the woman with the short-white hair appears definitely female (although mostly, if not entirely human), while the other appears to be a robot with a more masculine aesthetic. The woman seems rather annoyed at the intervention of the woman in red, and rather huffily stalks about ensuring there are no other threats around the area, while the robot steps forwards to examine Maxwell alongside the woman in red.

"Preliminary diagnostic indicates she has suffered structural damage to her abdomen and midsection, however, no critical damage has occurred. Estimated downtime for full functionality is two to thirteen hours, depending on facilities," the robot explains. It then turns to her. "I am XIU-13 of the CTC. Can you provide us with information on the incident that just occurred?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Harri-chan wrote:"Yeah... I kinda figured that out...", he said, slowly moving back to the tables, and ran a finger along the outside of a dust-covered beaker filled with red liquid. "What kind of lab was it?".

"A robotics lab. This is where it all began, really. He made the first of us here..." She looks around and ponders. "Well, if not in this one, then in one just like it."

Blaze wrote:Alex gasp and nodnods!

"Yeah~! If we work together, we can blow up even more bad robots than we could alone~! And that's super good!"

The blue robot nods and pulls Alex close. "Okay, hang on tight. This thing doesn't have a very wide footprint." A few button presses later... and she is once again energized and flung through the air as a bolt of energy! It happens so quick though, and they instantly land on the teleporter pad in the back of the bar.

Ookalf wrote:Mm... *Trusting the woman to keep her word on taking care of things, Ookalf shakes his head and heads into the building.* Hello?

Ookalf is greeted by the same blonde girl behind the bar. She smiles and waves as she sets some coasters out. "Oh, hi there. Can I help you?"
Mischa wrote:Of the two new arrivals from the CTC, the woman with the short-white hair appears definitely female (although mostly, if not entirely human), while the other appears to be a robot with a more masculine aesthetic. The woman seems rather annoyed at the intervention of the woman in red, and rather huffily stalks about ensuring there are no other threats around the area, while the robot steps forwards to examine Maxwell alongside the woman in red.

"Preliminary diagnostic indicates she has suffered structural damage to her abdomen and midsection, however, no critical damage has occurred. Estimated downtime for full functionality is two to thirteen hours, depending on facilities," the robot explains. It then turns to her. "I am XIU-13 of the CTC. Can you provide us with information on the incident that just occurred?"

The woman will find a few of the little green soldiers straggling behind, harassing some of the recently transformed with little detectors and such. They continue their garbled speech, and every now and then give a thumbs up one to another.

The woman in red sighs in relief. "I'm Blues, from Monstropolis. Myself and some of my family followed a small army of robots here to try and contain them. Apparently, they're performing experiments on the locals, though I don't know why or what for." She looks down at Maxwell, and gently places her hand over hers. "Your friend here was very helpful. I'm sorry she had to get hurt."
Last edited by muffinstud on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:13 pm

muffinstud wrote:Ookalf is greeted by the same blonde girl behind the bar. She smiles and waves as she sets some coasters out. "Oh, hi there. Can I help you?"

Um, maybe... *Ookalf dismisses his Rider gear, reverting to his regular outfit.* Do you know anything about all those robots outside?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Alex giggles and snuggles into the big blue robot.

"Yay huggles~!"

She blinkus as they arrive back at the lab, looking around @_@
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 am

"Oh right... ", said Elliot with a small frown as he carefully dusted around the glass jars on top of the table. "Who made you?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse