Stage Select Bar and Grill

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Stage Select Bar and Grill

Postby muffinstud » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Somwhere near a shady park in the center of Muffinville, a building sprouts up! Well, more like the sign finally goes up after the construction is finished. The oddest part about this new structure is the absolute normalcy in which it was raised. It's decently large, and takes up a corner on the lot. There's wide double doors at said corner, and just outside of them a a cute girl in a red dress sweeps the sidewalk.

Beside each of the double doors is a small paper sign for a missing dog, and the number to call if found. Above the doors is a big blue neon sign that says:
Stage Select
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: Stage Select Bar and Grill

Postby Ookalf » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:22 pm

*Ookalf walks up to the newly opened building, pausing outside a moment to study the "lost dog" signs.* Huh...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Alex runs by the bar and grill... then runs backwards to look at it!

"Wow~! This place looks totally super neat whatever it is."

She gives the sweeping lady a wave and steps inside!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Ookalf wrote:*Ookalf walks up to the newly opened building, pausing outside a moment to study the "lost dog" signs.* Huh...

The signs have a very nice picture of the dog... even if he's lacking in hair

While studying the poster, there seems to be small explosions going off in the park!

Blaze wrote:Alex runs by the bar and grill... then runs backwards to look at it!

"Wow~! This place looks totally super neat whatever it is."

She gives the sweeping lady a wave and steps inside!

The girl looks startled and follows Alex in. "Oh, forgive me. I didn't think you'd go inside so quickly!" She carries her broom and runs behind the bar. Inside is a regular looking bar, stocked with liquor, ice cream, oxygen, candy... and strange blue cans each with a large black "E". There's booths for eating, and plenty of space in the back for a band and for dancing. The place is empty, but the jukebox starts playing a song.

The Start button has been pressed.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:01 am

muffinstud wrote:The signs have a very nice picture of the dog... even if he's lacking in hair

While studying the poster, there seems to be small explosions going off in the park!

Nah, don't think I've seen 'im... *Hearing the explosions behind him, Ookalf turns to see what's going on!*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:14 am

Alex listens to the music and giggles.

"Ooohhh, totally catchy and double sweet music~"

She sits at the bar and smiles at the girl.

"I'm hungry~! You got yummy eats?" o.o
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Ookalf wrote:Nah, don't think I've seen 'im... *Hearing the explosions behind him, Ookalf turns to see what's going on!*

Ookalf finds the park being terrorized by tall, green robots. They're rounding up the NPC's in a rough manner, and blowing up the trees and all the other niceties that make the park... nice.

Blaze wrote:Alex listens to the music and giggles.

"Ooohhh, totally catchy and double sweet music~"

She sits at the bar and smiles at the girl.

"I'm hungry~! You got yummy eats?" o.o

The girl smiles and nods. "Yep! What do you want? I'm pretty sure I could fix something up for you in no time."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:31 pm

muffinstud wrote:Ookalf finds the park being terrorized by tall, green robots. They're rounding up the NPC's in a rough manner, and blowing up the trees and all the other niceties that make the park... nice.

Hey, hey! *Ookalf runs over to the robots and confronts the nearest one.* What do you guys think you're doing?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:47 pm

{color=violet]"Hmmmm~ I want... eats!"[/color] Alex says, like that explains everything.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Blaze wrote:"Hmmmm~ I want... eats!" Alex says, like that explains everything.

The girl facepalms. "Oh, great. I heard about your kind. Here, have an E-tank." She reaches for one of the blue can and sets it down on the bar. "That should do the trick."

Ookalf wrote:Hey, hey! *Ookalf runs over to the robots and confronts the nearest one.* What do you guys think you're doing?

The robot stares down at him for a moment. It's easily head and shoulders taller than Ookalf, and then some. Heck, he probably only comes up to its armpits. After a long moment of silent staring, it speaks.
:-RAYZEE-:

Then, it swifty bears down to lay a vicious backand on Ookalf!
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:28 pm

"My kind? Oh, you mean super cool ace detectives?! Yup, I am one!" Alex says, obviously proud of herself.

She pokepokes the E-tank in confusion.

"... canned eats?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:42 pm

muffinstud wrote:The robot stares down at him for a moment. It's easily head and shoulders taller than Ookalf, and then some. Heck, he probably only comes up to its armpits. After a long moment of silent staring, it speaks.
:-RAYZEE-:

Then, it swifty bears down to lay a vicious backand on Ookalf!

Toh! *Ookalf jumps back, landing on all fours as he dodges the towering robot's attack.* OK, not much of a talker. Guess I'll have to dismantle you to stop this...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:27 am

muffinstud wrote:Ookalf finds the park being terrorized by tall, green robots. They're rounding up the NPC's in a rough manner, and blowing up the trees and all the other niceties that make the park... nice.

Reacting rather promptly to the disturbance, three CTC vehicles pull up at the edge of the park! Two of them are military HMMWVs, one with a machine gun mounted in the turret, and the third is some kind of armored transport truck. Soldiers in full body armor begin to disembark from the vehicles, although at the sight of the imposing green robots they look a little hesitant.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:45 am

Blaze wrote:"My kind? Oh, you mean super cool ace detectives?! Yup, I am one!" Alex says, obviously proud of herself.

She pokepokes the E-tank in confusion.

"... canned eats?"

The girl groans and pops the top. "Just drink it."

Ookalf wrote:Toh! *Ookalf jumps back, landing on all fours as he dodges the towering robot's attack.* OK, not much of a talker. Guess I'll have to dismantle you to stop this...

The robot doesn't let up, and rushes towards Ookalf rather quickly as he self-narrates. It swings wildly for another fist to face connection.

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Reacting rather promptly to the disturbance, three CTC vehicles pull up at the edge of the park! Two of them are military HMMWVs, one with a machine gun mounted in the turret, and the third is some kind of armored transport truck. Soldiers in full body armor begin to disembark from the vehicles, although at the sight of the imposing green robots they look a little hesitant.

Two of the tall robots turn to the soldiers. The captive NPCs are still being guarded/manhandled by two others. Both robots rush forward just as quickly as the other. More of the small explosions go off in the trees, but there's still no sign of what's causing it.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:48 am

muffinstud wrote:Two of the tall robots turn to the soldiers. The captive NPCs are still being guarded/manhandled by two others. Both robots rush forward just as quickly as the other. More of the small explosions go off in the trees, but there's still no sign of what's causing it.

"Oh hell..." one of the soldiers mutters. "Command! We're engaging!"

The CTC troops immediately open fire with a rather hasty barrage of machine gun and electrolaser fire at the charging robots!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse