Drunken Sailor

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Drunken Sailor

Postby Raleigh » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:00 pm

*Raleigh looks around this little hive of scum and villainy located in Black Pearl Harbor and tries not to laugh too much. It would seem it was an apt name for the bar given the amount of drunken mariners.* I really need to arrange better locations for clandestine meetings. If not I'll probably be meeting a supplier in a gutter. *Conveniently ignores that he has done that before while taking the form of a rat. He waits for someone supposedly carrying a specialized energy core to conduct a trade.* Err... miss, could I get some tea? *He tries to get the attention of a bar maid while waiting.*
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Drunken Sailor

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 pm

*Receiving no service Raleigh mutters to himself. After another 10 minutes someone takes a seat across from him wearing a getup that could only be found on someone trying too hard to pose as a sailor.* That is the second most conspicuous disguise I've seen tonight. The other was myself in a fake mustache. So, you got what I ordered?

*The other person nods their heads and sets what looks like an old worn out brass lantern upon the table. Silver embellishments adorn the object depicting skulls and flowing lines of energy.* Good. Here you go. *Raleigh sets a briefcase that he pulls from no where down on the table and slides it to the other person.* If you'll pardon me, I'll be on my way. *He stands and begins to leave taking the lantern as the person starts to look into the case to confirm the present money.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:48 am

Logos is leaning against the pub next to the door as Raleigh exits

"Sir."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:56 am

Greetings Logos. Let's head out to the nearest graveyard now. My business is done here tonight or rather today. *One can see the horizon turning colors from the dark of night to the light of dawn. He begins to walk away from the building.*

By the way, what do you do with a drunken sailor early in the morning, Logos? *Even as he asks this a hole in the floor of the tavern they are leaving begins to leak water into a backroom.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:40 pm

"If you are referring to the song, I believe there were multiple things you could do with him." Logos replies as she follows Raleigh.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Ah, somewhat. I was always partial to the bit with the hold and the captain's daughter but I didn't bring it with me. I think. *Twitches the hand not carrying the lantern as they walk and out slides a three foot long umbrella.* Yep, though this is nice. *Turns to Logos and offers her the umbrella.* If you would, open that and hold it over us would you? Its about to get wet.

Ah, yes, back to the answer though. I believe making him bail her is what the answer to this situation is going to be. Its amazing at the underground network of water that is here even under the docks.

*The back room is now flooded as more and more water bubbles up to the point that it has tore apart most of the floorboards and is leaking out into the main room of the bar. Most of the patrons, and none too few of the staff, are a bit slow to react to what should be a dangerous situation. The one or two who try to run find the doors and windows unresponsive.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Logos takes the umbrella and unfurls it, holding it above their heads.

"If I may ask sir, what was it you came all the way here to get?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:50 pm

A key of a sort. *He holds up the lantern.* There are some places even I can't easily reach. There is an unfortunate parasite problem that needs dealing with in such a location. *He sets back on leaving the harbor with Logos likely having to keep up.* Care to join me? *A case appears in Raleigh's free hand.*

*At this point the man who had conducted business with Raleigh has caught onto some issues going on and starts to panic. Even as he reaches for the case of money it disappears only leaving penny behind. He knows enough to know what that means even as the entire room begins to flood enough for several of the more drunken patrons to start to drown. He starts to join in with those struggling to survive.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Raleigh » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:29 pm

*After another few moments the building's roof seems to burst and a torrent of water surges up into the air showering sea water everywhere along the harbor.*

Wait for it. The best part is coming.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:59 pm

"I am your butler sir. If you want me to come, I shall."

She looks back at the flooding bar and and gives a slight frown.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:25 am

Before you ask I didn't cause that. It was going to happen today at this time regardless of my actions. The only part I caused was this one and it is only because I was there.

*A rather large sea serpent storms up through the surging water smashing apart the remains of the building and chasing after all the people who had been sent into the air along with the water.*

Yeah, sea serpents keep trying to eat me when I'm near after all. I don't think it realizes I've already left.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:58 pm

"So that was the way the Dao flows then? Understood."

Logos walks away from the pub without a second glance.

"So, where are you planning to go with that?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:26 am

To the nearest cemetery. That is where we can create a door with this particular key. *He nods as they leave the harbor and set out into town. As he does so six ships at different points in the harbor fire harpoons into the sea serpent. They seem to be arranged in such a way as to keep the creature suspended just before it would land on any other buildings. Six figures race up the tow lines drawing weapons.*

In a few more feet we should be safely out from under all that water.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:16 pm

Logos nods.

"Actually, I was asking where you the lantern would allow you to go."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:08 am

Ah, sorry about that. *They have finally left behind the sea water shower.* We are going to what amounts to a soul well. I'll have to place a protection spell on you before we enter though since the path tends to eat away at flesh. You know how those dead realms and such work with the whole keeping out the living and what not.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to the Muffinverse