Raleigh's Fabrics

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Raleigh's Fabrics

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 am

Good choice. *Returns Lalka to her original mannequin form dressing in what appears to be a jogging suit. A sign next to her mentions something about the material reducing aerial friction.*
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Kether » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:03 pm

Raleigh wrote:Good choice. *Returns Lalka to her original mannequin form dressing in what appears to be a jogging suit. A sign next to her mentions something about the material reducing aerial friction.*

So what now?
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:21 pm

Raleigh wrote:That aside, its not like I serve Hild or anything so I'm not exactly obligated to do such things. My magic isn't powered by Nidhoggr.

(( Now I'm reminded of certain ideas I'd had in the past. X3 I suppose I should get around to stopping by the store, if only because a conversation on the nature of identity sounds intruiging. ))

Mischa (in his male self) wanders into the shop!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:29 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:
Raleigh wrote:That aside, its not like I serve Hild or anything so I'm not exactly obligated to do such things. My magic isn't powered by Nidhoggr.

(( Now I'm reminded of certain ideas I'd had in the past. X3 I suppose I should get around to stopping by the store, if only because a conversation on the nature of identity sounds intruiging. ))

Mischa (in his male self) wanders into the shop!

*Stands there a cute manniquin in a jogging suit*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Welcome Mischa. Feel free to look around. As you can see this shop of mine sells cloth and related goods. By the way, how would you define identity? As the mental construct or the physical reality?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Kether wrote:*Stands there a cute manniquin in a jogging suit*

Mischa pauses a moment to glance at the cute mannequin in the jogging suit, but then moves on, having little interest in jogging. :3

Raleigh wrote:Welcome Mischa. Feel free to look around. As you can see this shop of mine sells cloth and related goods. By the way, how would you define identity? As the mental construct or the physical reality?

He waves to Raleigh! "Hey Raleigh... a fabric store, now?" He hmms, glancing around. "I always did find fabric stores kind of fascinating, but I never really got into sewing or the like." He pauses at the question, though. "Identity? Hmm... that's a tricky question. I suppose as it's heart I'd define it as a mental construct, but since one's perceptions of the world around them are altered by their physical state, said mental construct has at the very least a tie to the physical state, if not an intrinsic connection. There is the saying, 'the mind is a plaything of the body', isn't there?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:00 pm

Ah, that German and his skewed philosophy. I suppose some of the mental construct is defined based on physical limitations though is true enough after its fashion. Those born blind have no concept of sight and such.

Of course I must maintain the opposite philosophy but given that I am mind manifesting body, as it were, I would of course argue that case.

At any rate, yes, a fabric shop. If you want I suppose I could arrange to teach you something about making stuff with cloth for a price.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Elliot smiled at Lucy's enthusiasm, "Yeah, she says you're really good at it too, although she did get kind of embarrassed when talking about it for some reason".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 pm

Raleigh wrote:Ah, that German and his skewed philosophy. I suppose some of the mental construct is defined based on physical limitations though is true enough after its fashion. Those born blind have no concept of sight and such.

Of course I must maintain the opposite philosophy but given that I am mind manifesting body, as it were, I would of course argue that case.

At any rate, yes, a fabric shop. If you want I suppose I could arrange to teach you something about making stuff with cloth for a price.

Mischa nods. "You do have a point there... a body without a mind can't really be said to have a self-identity, while a mind without a body can..." He chuckles. "Still, in a world where things like that can change, it is interesting to consider how such changes can affect identity."

He glances around the shop again. "Mmm, I think I'll keep my creative efforts to writing and drawing..." he admits. "Still, it's a bit nostalgic, and reminds me of being made of fabric..."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:07 pm

*would sigh but is stuck in cute pose*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:14 pm

You can talk, Lalka.

Oh, you've been fabric? I think I remember that. Ever tried being thread?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Raleigh wrote:You can talk, Lalka.

Oh, you've been fabric? I think I remember that. Ever tried being thread?

"Lalka?" Mischa glances at the mannequin, realizing Raleigh is referring to it. "Oh! The mannequin is someone? I didn't even notice!" he says with a laugh.

"As for being fabric... yeah, a couple of different ways. Once a figure made out of silk... I can't remember if I've actually been clothing or not. Although it's somewhat tempting to try, at some point." He hmms. "Being thread? I imagine that would be odd..."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:31 pm

Its not as odd as it might seam... ugh... The problems with assuming that as a form is the forces pushing and pulling on you if you, as thread, have been used to hold some clothes together.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Raleigh wrote:Its not as odd as it might seam... ugh... The problems with assuming that as a form is the forces pushing and pulling on you if you, as thread, have been used to hold some clothes together.

"I have a feeling your perceptions would be pretty strange, though..." he murmurs, looking thoughtful.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:26 pm

"Hmm... well, i did ask her to model for me that one time, that might be why." Lucy says as she rubs her chin.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse