Elliot's Empire

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Elliot's Empire

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Elliot was stood in an office, on the very top floor of a large building in downtown Muffinville, that had a great big illuminated sign on the roof which read 'Rainbow Inc' with a colourful Rainbow arcing over the words. The wall behind Elliot's desk was entirely taken up by a huge glass window which gave a great view of the city around it.

"Look at this Brom, we have our own fashion label, a recording studio, even a film studio. Oh my god, we have our own comic house! There's a whole bunch of boring sounding departments on here too that make a heck of a lot of money. I mean, they make so much money, I'm not even mad we're spending such ridiculous amounts on... research and development", he said, having leaned down and squinted at the papers. "Research and development of what, exactly? Can you find out more about that?", he asked, looking back up to the girl who had her own desk and computer.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Elliot's Empire

Postby Anonymouse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm

The pink-haired woman sighs, adjusting her unfamiliar glasses. This was not the day she'd been anticipating.

"I...I'm sure you can cut the funding if you like, sir. It is your company, after all..."

She frowns slightly taptapping at her keyboard regardless.

"...But, uh. It looks like you have several Colour-based research facilities, a team apparently in charge of 'Muffinville High Fashion Development', two 'Recruitment Improvement Development' labs, and..." She leans in, frowning. "Some sort of community outreach program. I'm not sure why that's listed under R&D..."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Elliot crossed over to Brom's desk, gently leaning a hand on her shoulder as he came to a stop behind her and looked at her screen. "I didn't understand half of what you just said. I don't want to cut spending on anything... obviously this whole empire has been set up perfectly, there's no need to go changing the plans".

"I know in theory I created all this, but... we both know I didn't really. What I want to do today is... add something new to Rainbow Inc, something I can really feel like is my own. Maybe we could set up a new division... or.... ", he glanced to the window, "... go for a hostile takeover".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:14 pm

The girl flushes slightly, her screen showing more or less what she'd just listed off. There was an awful lot of jargon scattered in there, but it seems that the wish had granted Brom the secretarial skills needed to sort through the mess.

"O...of course you're right, sir."

She frowns.

"B-but, are you sure you want to do that on your...er, kind of first day?"

Frowning, she shifts uncertainly in her chair. "...Wh-what kind of company would you want to...take over, anyways?"
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Elliot laughed, "Of course I'm sure, Brom. What else am I going to do? Go out and play golf while waiting for the money to roll in? Boooring!". He began toying with her pink hair from behind, making pondering sounds! "Now that's a good question. We already have enough money, so there has to be a different motivation behind it. Do we have any sort of media? Newspapers, TV channels?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:28 pm

The girl reddens.

"...Please don't do that, Sir."

Frowning, she clicks quickly through her computer.

"And...n-no sir, just a website."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm

"Ohh... sorry", he said, dropping his hand back to her shoulder. "Just a website? That won't do. I know there's at least one newspaper around here, because I've seen that nosy reporter around, and the same goes for TV news. That one guy nearly ruined my election campaign with his stunts. That's real power, Brom. Can you check out what's already out there?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm

The woman nods.

"Oh--of course. I mean, there's a lot of different local papers...if you want television though, probably the biggest ones are the Pastrylands Broadcasting Company, or Tomapple TV."

She pauses.

"Uh--if you don't watch a lot of local television, it has nothing to do with tomapples, it;s just a branding thing. Mostly serious news reports."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Elliot gave her a grin, "Well, despite your reassurance it's just a brand name... I think I'd rather avoid connecting my name with any Tomapple brand. Pastrylands Broadcasting Company sounds like our target. We can can give it a full brand relaunch if we have to. Trust me, I know what people want in this town... I did get elected after all", he said, a little smugly.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:51 pm

There is a certain skill in being able to swallow anything your boss says with a straight face. Most secretaries take years to master it, but Brom felt like she was getting a crash course.

"O:m of course, sir, I'm sure you can...turn things around." She quickly closes the tab listing PBC's current ratings. Would you like me to schedule an appointment, or will this be a walk-in?"
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:58 pm

"I think it's always best to go with the personal touch, don't you? Look up the address and we'll head on down there and give them the good news in person", he said with a beaming smile, before crossing over to the coat stand, and flipping the top hat onto his head. "I've got a really good feeling about this, Brom".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:06 pm

"We?"

Brom frowned, and sighed.

"Yes, of course, we. It seems to be fairly close by...if you're sure, sir."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Elliot held the door open for her, and then led her into the elevator, which they rode all the way down to the ground floor.

"Ever wanted to work on TV, Brom? Maybe we can find you a spot presenting the weather or something", he said, as if he actually believed that would be something the girl would appreciate, as they walked through the foyer of Rainbow Inc's headquarters.

"Any messages?", he asked the girl at the desk.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:03 pm

The girl in question really seems to have taken 'rainbow' to heart by the looks of her, wearing a combination of bright colors that would make a peacock cry. She gives Elliot a perky smile, in sharp contrast to Brom's sordid frown at the mention of her as a weather girl.

"Oh, mostly the usual, boss! Investors talking about stuff, there's some hubbub from R&D...oh, and uh, Mr. Anastasio wants to have a word with you at some point..."

She bites her lip, looking uncomfortable for a moment, but then breaks into a smile. "Going for a walk, boss?"
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:05 am

"Yes, a stroll and a spot of light corporate expansion", he said with a smile. Checking his pocket, he peered down to see the smartphone and then nodded, "Tell Mr... Anastasio that he can reach me on my cell".

He winked and then motioned from Brom to follow out onto the streets of Muffinville, "This is the life, eh, Brom? You know yesterday I had to battle some kid on the DDR machine, so I could scrape enough money to buy dinner".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to the Muffinverse