Mysterious Invitations!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Mysterious Invitations!

Postby Blaze » Thu May 31, 2012 1:06 am

People across Muffinville have been receiving invitations in the mail, all fancy with wax seals and cursive writing!

The Letters wrote:To the recipient of this letter.

I invite you to my mansion for a dinner party to celebrate the revival of our family and the dawn of a new age in Muffinville.

McNeely

Those who might be knowledgeable about the history of Muffinville would know the name McNeely. They were a family that owned one of the first construction companies in Muffinville! With all the times it's been rebuilt and destroyed, they made an enormous amount of profit! Eventually, they sold their company and retired, living a life of luxury, those who would care would have assumed. But the letter implies they fell onto hard times but then revived recently...

Also, were anyone taking notice, they might realize that the majority of people receiving these invitations are those with extraordinary powers! However, in Muffinville most people have more important things to worry about, like getting through the day the same sex you started it.

But anyway! Those who accept the invitation and head to the place it describes would find themselves arriving at a glorious mansion! Behind it is a steep ridge and the only way to reach it is across a wooden bridge.

[Okay people, this is a mystery RP! It will also feature NO TFs, so if that's what you're here for then you're looking in the wrong place. Lastly, your characters WILL be in mortal danger in this thread, regardless of how powerful they are. And please don't do the whole 'I am no longer dead' thing if they die here. Having someone bring them back to life, or have them hang around as a ghost (not in this thread though) is fine, but I'm trying to make death a real danger, something that's hard in an RP forum like this. If you aren't comfortable with that, it's totally fine but you probably shouldn't join.

I must also ask that ONLY ONE CHARACTER PER OOC please. Okay, enough of the word dump, let's begin!]
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Mysterious Invitations!

Postby Knight Errant » Thu May 31, 2012 2:16 pm

Dact, having gotten the mysterious letter of mysteriousness... treks towards the location specified! Curious about what is going on, he soon arrives at the mansion! Looking it over. "Nice place..." He mumbles a bit, before heading over the bridge!
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: Mysterious Invitations!

Postby Brnin8r » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:58 am

N8 hadn't done much research into the McNeely family. He didn't have much of a need to look up one of the more famous names of Muffinville. All he knew was that he had been invited and that it was free food; nothing better than that. He'd tried to dress nicely though a poor man's wage offered him little in regard to clothing: black pants, button up shirt, and sneakers that he wore less than his usual pair. As he approached he couldn't help but feel something like apprehension but he disregarded it...and headed across the bridge!
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Return to the Muffinverse