Starfall

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Starfall

Postby President Monoko » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:16 pm

It was, wasn't it? Jean might reflect that it was nice to see she'd maintained such discipline--it was her job, after all, to keep people moving efficiently...the Brotherhood didn't have time for dawdlers. Speaking of which, there was Kayna going off again. At least it wasn't a cute guy they'd found or the girl would never shut up.

Speaking of Kayna, she can't help but stomp her foot lightly, heel digging into the ground a fraction of an inch. Sometimes she regretted how much she'd....altered the standard medic uniform--she had a sneaking suspicion that Miss Jean didn't like pink quite as much as she did....but, whatever. She could still get the job done...and she'd look cute doing it~

The distant observers meanwhile, certainly seem to be right about some kind of change in mindset! Though Monoko simply blinks and stares at Kether's lighter, (a martian she's not it seems!) she raises an eyebrow to Meredith and Ella, crossing her arms.

"C'mon--no kidding around! I've missed you guys!" 'Guys' of course, was the wrong descriptor--after all, they were all girls here. but she had a point...weren't they good friends? It had been so long!
President Monoko
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:49 pm

President Monoko wrote:The distant observers meanwhile, certainly seem to be right about some kind of change in mindset! Though Monoko simply blinks and stares at Kether's lighter, (a martian she's not it seems!) she raises an eyebrow to Meredith and Ella, crossing her arms.

"C'mon--no kidding around! I've missed you guys!" 'Guys' of course, was the wrong descriptor--after all, they were all girls here. but she had a point...weren't they good friends? It had been so long!

Sorry, sorry... *Ella shakes her head, ditching that frown she had on before for a slightly happier expression.* It's just been a little crazy here, is all. You know, things falling from space... It's definitely good to see you safe!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Jean turns her attention back on Kayna, a slight frown appearing on her face.

"Medical Officer Kayna. Your concern has been noted, but it is not necessary. Is that understood?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:26 pm

President Monoko wrote:Speaking of Kayna, she can't help but stomp her foot lightly, heel digging into the ground a fraction of an inch. Sometimes she regretted how much she'd....altered the standard medic uniform--she had a sneaking suspicion that Miss Jean didn't like pink quite as much as she did....but, whatever. She could still get the job done...and she'd look cute doing it~

Blaze wrote:Jean turns her attention back on Kayna, a slight frown appearing on her face.

"Medical Officer Kayna. Your concern has been noted, but it is not necessary. Is that understood?"

Kayna mutters to herself, her eyes glancing back and forth between Monoko and Jean. She knew she could handle this, and that she was right. It was her stupid superior that was getting in her way -- again. All those complaints about her adjustments to the uniform and stuff... that Jean was just too stiff. She had no idea how to have fun.

She scuffs at the dirt a bit. She'd find a way to prove herself, and to show that Jean just how wrong she was, eventually.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:50 pm

President Monoko wrote:It was, wasn't it? Jean might reflect that it was nice to see she'd maintained such discipline--it was her job, after all, to keep people moving efficiently...the Brotherhood didn't have time for dawdlers. Speaking of which, there was Kayna going off again. At least it wasn't a cute guy they'd found or the girl would never shut up.

Speaking of Kayna, she can't help but stomp her foot lightly, heel digging into the ground a fraction of an inch. Sometimes she regretted how much she'd....altered the standard medic uniform--she had a sneaking suspicion that Miss Jean didn't like pink quite as much as she did....but, whatever. She could still get the job done...and she'd look cute doing it~

The distant observers meanwhile, certainly seem to be right about some kind of change in mindset! Though Monoko simply blinks and stares at Kether's lighter, (a martian she's not it seems!) she raises an eyebrow to Meredith and Ella, crossing her arms.

*Well she has too much clothing on to be a tamaranian, and is the wrong colour for an oan or coluan.. and there's so many reasons to not suspect she's any other legion race and the alien jokes have gotten abit thin*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby President Monoko » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Monoko's humanity stands proven! Kether may feel somewhat disappointed at this revelation. The extra-terrestrial club would be disappointed...again!

Right! Catching her reflection in the side of the pod, Kayna can't help but primp slightly. It was a uniform, and she looked hot! Jean was just a prude.

Meanwhile, slightly further off, one of the EDU robots may catch itself...getting bored? That was strange. But, it was a little dull. Nothing really had happened...

Despite Kayna's certainty in her uniform though, she certainly looked a bit...bouncy next to Miss Jean. She wasn't even in full body armor, bet between her jacket, sensible pants, and unheeled shoes, she cut a very professional figure.

Shaking her head, Ella's pigtails rustle in the slight wind, but Monoko just smiles. "Nice uniforms, by the way--did you two get promoted...?
That was one word for it. Monoko had been missing, but the other members of the squad had been undergoing some petty intensive training...
President Monoko
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 pm

President Monoko wrote:Shaking her head, Ella's pigtails rustle in the slight wind, but Monoko just smiles. "Nice uniforms, by the way--did you two get promoted...?"
That was one word for it. Monoko had been missing, but the other members of the squad had been undergoing some petty intensive training...

*Ella slowly nods, suddenly recalling all the training she'd been through since Monoko was away.* Yeah, something like that... I guess you could say we've been keeping pretty busy while you were gone.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 pm

President Monoko wrote:Monoko's humanity stands proven! Kether may feel somewhat disappointed at this revelation. The extra-terrestrial club would be disappointed...again!

*they probably shouldn't have taken over the literature club then!*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Jean looks at Kanya's revealing outfit and gives a slight tut. Utterly disgraceful really. She just shakes her head and sighs.

"Well now Monoko, we will have to formally interview you about what happened when we get back to base."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Meredeth smiles a little. "It is nice to see you again, Konoko..." He says, glancing around... did the others look... different?
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:36 am

President Monoko wrote:Right! Catching her reflection in the side of the pod, Kayna can't help but primp slightly. It was a uniform, and she looked hot! Jean was just a prude.

Meanwhile, slightly further off, one of the EDU robots may catch itself...getting bored? That was strange. But, it was a little dull. Nothing really had happened...

Despite Kayna's certainty in her uniform though, she certainly looked a bit...bouncy next to Miss Jean. She wasn't even in full body armor, bet between her jacket, sensible pants, and unheeled shoes, she cut a very professional figure.

Catching a glimpse of her reflection in the gleaming metal of the pod, Kayna pauses to preen herself a bit, trying to adjust her hair and clothing to be just that bit more appealing to any guys who might happen to wander by. It sucked that she was stuck with a completely boring drone like Jean, however. You'd think her superior would be even more keen to work her way up the ladder, and you didn't do that by dressing that blandly!

Meanwhile, elsewhere...

The major grunts as he watches the displays. "Interesting... judging from the design of the equipment we're seeing, this new paradigm may have a more modern or sophisticated tech level. The few records we've got as to the capabilities of the Boring Army suggested they topped out at a late 20th century equivalent, but this looks pretty modern." He rubs his chin speculatively as he considers the implications of the change.

Professor Heidegger glances to the side as a signal flashes on her display -- one of the attendent techs trying to get her attention. "What is it?"

"We may be having a problem with one of the ED units,sir. We've detected an anomalous situational response, and diagnostics can't identify the source."

The professor frowns. "What kind of anomaly?"

"Er... it appears to be feeling bored, sir."

"An emotive response??"

"Yes, sir."

Heidegger quickly turns back to her display, a few gestures calling up a view of the area from above. "That unit is the closest to Monoko..." Her frown deepens. "This could be bad."

"What is it now?" the major asks, noticing her concern.

"The CRAVEN fields the ED units are using may be compromised."

"WHAT?"

"I don't know, and we don't have enough information yet, but we're getting anomalies here, and -- frightening as it is -- that seems to be the most likely possibility."

"I'm going to call in--"

The professor holds up her hand to forestall the major's comment, even as her displays flicker at dizzying speed. "I'm going to try and reconfigure some of the other units, first. We can afford to lose a few, if necessary, but we need more data first. If there is a flaw in the CRAVEN system, we need to know it as quickly as possible. If we interrupt things at this point, we'll lose a chance to get some useful data."

Major Matheson grits his teeth. "All right, but make certain any information is also passed along to command... just in case."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby President Monoko » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Meredith glances around. There was Kayna, primping like normal, Miss Jean in her mission uniform, Kelly trying to get something for the school paper probably...everything looked normal. Well, normal enough for outside of the school of course. Despite her training, she could still never get used to the...eccentricities that the Pastrylands offered.

Monoko smiles to Meredith and Ella, clasping her hands behind her back as their long hair swishes in the breeze. "I hope I haven't fallen too far behind--you two look so serious! Do you still do cheerleading?"

Kether meanwhile, may find herself idly...taking notes? Even if it wasn't too exciting to any given club...this was still article material. Wasn't every day the school president crashlanded from space after all!

Monoko looks up, nodding to Miss Jean, looking between her and Kayna. "O-oh, of course! Really sorry for all of this trouble...uhm. A-and nice...outfit, Miss." She gives Kayna another curious look.

Meanwhile, along the perimeter, the boredom...persists. This was a strange mission, yes, but somehow several of the ED units couldn't help but feel a little impatient. Like they had...something else to do? Actual genuine thoughts were slowly starting to seep into them, even as their forms, very slowly, seemed to diminish.
President Monoko
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:50 pm

President Monoko wrote:Monoko looks up, nodding to Miss Jean, looking between her and Kayna. "O-oh, of course! Really sorry for all of this trouble...uhm. A-and nice...outfit, Miss." She gives Kayna another curious look.

Meanwhile, along the perimeter, the boredom...persists. This was a strange mission, yes, but somehow several of the ED units couldn't help but feel a little impatient. Like they had...something else to do? Actual genuine thoughts were slowly starting to seep into them, even as their forms, very slowly, seemed to diminish.

Kayna notices Monoko's look, and can't help but to pose a little to show it off. She'd never really gotten to learn much about the school president, but given her response, she had to wonder if she was as stuffy as Jean was. Then again, she had just come down from space, which was pretty awesome. At the very least, her return would stir up the school!

The EDU robots, meanwhile, are scattered about the area -- at least two are in the crater proper, while several more are stationed at its outer lip, and the rest scattered beyond as they establish and patrol what would hopefully be a safe perimeter. Depending on the range and speed at which the sense of boredom spreads, and the other changes that follow, some of the robots further out may have noticed the changes occurring before being affected. What's more, Professor Heidegger's orders are now spreading through the robots, and several of those further away and less affected are starting to synthesize new protective measures, whether prototype reality anchors or older COWARDS units, in an effort to adapt new defenses against Monoko's abilities.

Meanwhile, elsewhere...

If there's one adage that the CTC would swear by, it's that "Information is power". Even the lowliest foot soldier is connected to a constant computer network that monitors his or her status and position, helping provide their commanding officers with immediate knowledge of any hazards or injury. Thus, the EDU robots are constantly sending diagnostic data to the computers in the command centers of the remaining CTC squads and their aircraft, located over a kilometer away from Monoko, and these computers are becoming quite aware that their charges are undergoing a variety of changes, prompting them to send warnings to their human observers.

Thus, both Major Matheson's and Professor Heidegger's displays are now lighting up with red and amber warnings, alerting them to the progressing changes within the EDU robots.

"I can't believe this... they aren't just developing new programming, but there's physiological changes occurring as well," the professor murmurs, staring at the displays.

"I think we can confirm that the CRAVEN system has failed on all affected units," Major Matheson mutters grimly. "We'd better hope you can find some kind of defensive measures against that."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:15 pm

President Monoko wrote:Monoko smiles to Meredith and Ella, clasping her hands behind her back as their long hair swishes in the breeze. "I hope I haven't fallen too far behind--you two look so serious! Do you still do cheerleading?"

Cheerleading? Oh, well... *Ella trails off, trying to think of what she can tell Monoko about the cheer squad.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Jean smiles fondly at Monoko and shakes her head.

"It's no trouble dear. Just glad to have you back."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse