Starfall

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Starfall

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri May 18, 2012 10:48 am

(( I have a feeling people have been waiting for me to respond... <.< ))

President Monoko wrote:Kayna...Depending on how she's built, of course, the name should slip into the white-haired woman's head like a fish silently into water. It was natural, there, as if it had always been--after all, Kayna was her name...there should be no doubt about that. The woman may idly brush a strand of brown hair from he eyes--a slight pout coming to her lips unbidden at the chastisement...

Kayna blinks at the momentary chastisement, and frowns for a moment, pouting slightly. Something seemed wrong about the whole situation -- possibly just the unfairness of being called out like that, but... no, there was something else wrong about this situation. Brushing the hair from her face, she tries to remember what it was she'd seemingly forgotten...

Meanwhile, elsewhere...

Professor Heidegger frowns at her displays.

"Something wrong, professor?" Major Matheson asks, leaving over the woman's shoulder. Most CTC officers and scientists preferred to interact with available data through their cybernetic uplinks, even in fully virtual sensoriums, but Matheson never felt comfortable ignoring his physical surroundings, at least while in the field, so he relied on the visual displays available in the mobile command unit on board the transport.

"I'm detecting physical and neurological changes within Special Adjutant Caine," the professor said, adjusting her glasses.

The major frowned at that. "I thought the U-series were practically invicible, particularly against transformative agents..." he mutters.

Professor Heidegger allowed herself a slight smile. "Not quite," she admitted. "But I'm quite curious to know how this got past her defenses, particularly the Imagine Breaker." She skims through the incoming data from the various sensors available. "It looks like we're up against a particular potent enemy."

Major Matheson straightens up, stroking his chin. "Diablo 2 has just finished its sweep of the area. She we deploy its strike team and the URD team?"

The woman shakes her head. "We shouldn't risk them yet... although I'm going to deploy URD 2's T-series on a retrieval mission. We can't let that fall into someone else's hands yet."

The major nods. "All right." He glances back at the troop compartment of the aircraft. "Do you think even the HTR gear will help?" Glancing back at the professor, his gaze shifts down to the COWARDS unit worn at her belt.

Noticing his glance, Professor Heidegger smiles. "It might," she says. "But the design paradigm may be working against us, here. We'll have to see how well the CRAVEN units hold out. Personally... I'm going to trust in the COWARD System. If my guess is right, it may actually provide a better defense against what we're up against."

Major Matheson grunts. "Huh. Maybe I'll have to ask for one out of storage... although I don't plan to get any closer than a kilometer to that thing." He turns away, but pauses. "Oh, and professor... if it does look like we're going to lose the assault team, I'm making preparations to order an LRS-HV/NL."

The professor quirks an eyebrow at that, but nods. "If you feel it's necessary. We still don't have enough data to know whether or not that would be effective."

The major just chuckles. "Perhaps... but I'd prefer to at least try. Better safe than sorry, after all."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Dact smiles a bit. "Dactylos. You can call me Dact. I'm a knight." he answers to the shcoolgirl, before looking around. "So, what are you going to do now, that your out?"
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kether » Fri May 18, 2012 2:13 pm

President Monoko wrote:Kayna...Depending on how she's built, of course, the name should slip into the white-haired woman's head like a fish silently into water. It was natural, there, as if it had always been--after all, Kayna was her name...there should be no doubt about that. The woman may idly brush a strand of brown hair from he eyes--a slight pout coming to her lips unbidden at the chastisement...

Miss Jean knew full well that Monoko would have to have a checkup, of course, but Kayna wasn't quite ready for a corner case like this yet!

Monoko smiles to Dact and Ookalf. "Oh, it's alright, thank you--er, what were your names again?" Her eyes look up to the knight and kamen rider innocently, before she blinks to Kether. "...Krypto-what?"

*pokes her with a kryptonite tongue depressor*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby President Monoko » Fri May 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Monoko blinks wide to Dact and Ookalf. "O-Oh! It's been so long, I didn't recognize you two! Ah--how has the old squad been? The question may seem strange for half a second--but things have been going alright, haven't they? The Sarge is still cranky as ever, but...
She smiles lightly, seemingly calmed by thei presence. "And..I don't know, really!"

Monoko appears to be unaffected by the kryptonite! Perhaps she is a wiky Daxamite. Regardless, she jumps back from the (presumably) greenish tongue depressor. "S-sorry, can I help you, miss...?"

She pauses, and looks back up to Jean, and straightens, giving a salue. "Uhm. Sorry. Permission to fraternize, Miss?"

Meanwhile, Kayna's posture shifts slighlty, unconscuously, leaning forward slightly, her hands clasping behind her back. She was qualified for this, it occurred to her--even as a junior medic, she could give the girl a onceover--Jean was just overly-worried, she was sure. Though she'd slowly begun to adapt to military procedures since she'd enlisted into the Brotherhood training program, it was still difficult for her to stay patient when she had things to do!
President Monoko
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri May 18, 2012 3:37 pm

President Monoko wrote:Monoko blinks wide to Dact and Ookalf. "O-Oh! It's been so long, I didn't recognize you two! Ah--how has the old squad been? The question may seem strange for half a second--but things have been going alright, haven't they? The Sarge is still cranky as ever, but...
She smiles lightly, seemingly calmed by thei presence. "And..I don't know, really!"

Um... I think you lost me. What squad are you talking about?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Fri May 18, 2012 6:46 pm

President Monoko wrote:Monoko blinks wide to Dact and Ookalf. "O-Oh! It's been so long, I didn't recognize you two! Ah--how has the old squad been? The question may seem strange for half a second--but things have been going alright, haven't they? The Sarge is still cranky as ever, but...

Monoko appears to be unaffected by the kryptonite! Perhaps she is a wiky Daxamite. Regardless, she jumps back from the (presumably) greenish tongue depressor. "S-sorry, can I help you, miss...?"

She pauses, and looks back up to Jean, and straightens, giving a salue. "Uhm. Sorry. Permission to fraternize, Miss?"

Meanwhile, Kayna's posture shifts slighlty, unconscuously, leaning forward slightly, her hands clasping behind her back. She was qualified for this, it occurred to her--even as a junior medic, she could give the girl a onceover--Jean was just overly-worried, she was sure. Though she'd slowly begun to adapt to military procedures since she'd enlisted into the Brotherhood training program, it was still difficult for her to stay patient when she had things to do!

*Kether still malish in this thread for now tries of course a lead rod because we can't have a Daxamite conquest!*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Fri May 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Jean looks a bit confused as the girl salutes her.

"Er... granted? You don't need to ask permission though silly~"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue May 22, 2012 1:27 pm

President Monoko wrote:Meanwhile, Kayna's posture shifts slighlty, unconscuously, leaning forward slightly, her hands clasping behind her back. She was qualified for this, it occurred to her--even as a junior medic, she could give the girl a onceover--Jean was just overly-worried, she was sure. Though she'd slowly begun to adapt to military procedures since she'd enlisted into the Brotherhood training program, it was still difficult for her to stay patient when she had things to do!

Kayna stands rather quietly, trying to sort through the rather confusing welter of thoughts and feelings in her head. Her posture shifts easily, almost as if she'd been accustomed to standing at attention. She remembers being slow to adapt to military procedures since enlisting... but they came naturally and easily to her. Enlisting in the Brotherhood? Something about the Brotherhood nags at her, but she can't figure out just what. Why had she enlisted with them? She could feel a sense of agitation, a need to do something, rather than stay patient... but what was it she needed to do? She knew she needed to give the girl a proper examination, no matter what Jean said, but... why?

Something about Monoko nagged at her mind. Was the girl dangerous?

Abruptly, she feels a sharp tug at her side! Someone was taking... her knife? Her dagger was gone!

Wait... why did she have a dagger, as a medic? Perhaps she was simply mistaken...

For a moment, a blurry figure is visible near Kayna -- but only for a moment, before vanishing again. An optical illusion?
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Tue May 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Dact blinks at the question. "Errr... what are you talking about?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed May 23, 2012 2:12 pm

President Monoko wrote:Monoko meanwhile blinks to Ookalf and Dact. "Ella, Meredith, is something wrong...?" The names...something might seem strange, but those were their names, of course. Right?

Ah, not exactly... *Ookalf (Ella?) confusedly looks between Dact and Monoko as he speaks, trying to figure out what exactly this uneasy feeling he's having is.* Everything's fine, I think...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby President Monoko » Wed May 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Monoko is prodded once more, poor girl! No averse effects from the lead though, so unless she's a skrull or something it looks like they may be in the clear! That said--'malish form'? Clearly Kether has no such thing...

Miss Jean was right, of course--Monoko was technically off-duty, so she could do whatever. It was pleasant to see a little discipline in the girl, though...

Monoko meanwhile blinks to Ookalf and Dact. "Ella, Meredith, is something wrong...?" The names...something might seem strange, but those were their names, of course. Right?

Why enlist in the Brotherhood...? That seemed like a bit of a silly question to ask herself--like, she did need the money, after all. And it paid better then waiting tables. The wind tickling on her bare thighs bring her back to reality, though. She was getting off-track. The girl--Monoko--had come put of the pod-thing, right? So clearly she needed to be checked for contaminants!
President Monoko
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed May 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Jean blinkblinks and shakes her head... but smiles at Mokono.

"Regardless, it's good to see such discipline in someone so young."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Wed May 23, 2012 6:51 pm

President Monoko wrote:Monoko is prodded once more, poor girl! No averse effects from the lead though, so unless she's a skrull or something it looks like they may be in the clear! That said--'malish form'? Clearly Kether has no such thing...

Miss Jean was right, of course--Monoko was technically off-duty, so she could do whatever. It was pleasant to see a little discipline in the girl, though...

Monoko meanwhile blinks to Ookalf and Dact. "Ella, Meredith, is something wrong...?" The names...something might seem strange, but those were their names, of course. Right?

Why enlist in the Brotherhood...? That seemed like a bit of a silly question to ask herself--like, she did need the money, after all. And it paid better then waiting tables. The wind tickling on her bare thighs bring her back to reality, though. She was getting off-track. The girl--Monoko--had come put of the pod-thing, right? So clearly she needed to be checked for contaminants!

*still has plenty of Dc races to go through before hitting marvel.. gets out the oreos and lighter*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Knight Errant » Fri May 25, 2012 1:42 am

Dact... or was it Meredith? Blinks... shaking his head. "I dont know... something seems... off..."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:28 am

President Monoko wrote:Why enlist in the Brotherhood...? That seemed like a bit of a silly question to ask herself--like, she did need the money, after all. And it paid better then waiting tables. The wind tickling on her bare thighs bring her back to reality, though. She was getting off-track. The girl--Monoko--had come put of the pod-thing, right? So clearly she needed to be checked for contaminants!

Kayna speaks up again. "I still feel that it would be best to give her a proper examination," she tells Jean. Something about Monoko's behavior still made her wonder... was she trying to distract the others from something?

Meanwhile, elsewhere...

Professor Heidegger frowns as she studies her displays. "Hrm... this is curious..."

"What is it?" Major Matheson asks.

"The girl's psychological frame of reference isn't consistent with our projections..." the doctor mutters. "All previous reports indicated that she saw herself as nothing more than the president of a school council, which resulted in the Sand Academy. Now, however..." She fiddles with a pencil in her fingers idly. "Based on what she's been saying and the observed changes in the individuals around her, there seems to be a much more military mindset, with references to the Brotherhood."

The Major frowns as well. "That doesn't sound good. We still don't have adequate records as to what this Brotherhood was capable of, but given the number of installations we've found that can be traced back to them..."

Professor Heidegger taps her display. "Perhaps it's a reversion back to the Boring Army? Although we've got even less data on them... or a newly evolved paradigm? I wish we had more data."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse