Starfall

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Starfall

Postby Anonymouse » Sat May 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Once upon a time, there was a city named Muffinville. Muffinville was an old city and a proud city, but in many ways, an imperfect city. A building was lucky if it could survive the week, and new ones were simply built on top of the old, each more shaky and unstable then the last. There came a time when the city seemed insufficient to contain the madness that was thrust upon it--and lo, Black Dragon dug underneath Muffinville to create Neo-Muffinville, an underground Utopia that could ignore the city's madness.

And lo, Calamity made a castle out of clouds--Prænubilus, which might provide hearth and home for her and Metroidvania.

And lo, Amalia created Muffinville-3, a massive zeppelin which might fly even higher and support even more.

And lo, Mithrexis bent the plane to create the city of Spamburg, a Muffinville of her very own, filling it with Orks

But all too soon the chaos overwhelmed Neo-Muffinville. All too soon Prænubilus was dragged down to the planet, reduced to a church. All too soon Muffinville-3 was reduced to a ghost ship, forever circling the skies. All too soon, Spamburg was forgotten altogether--until now.

A light arcs through the sky, strangely grey as it burns through the atmosphere--landing with a -KRAASSH- on the outskirts of Spamburg, a crater smoldering where the local church of Khorne used to be.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Re: Starfall

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sat May 12, 2012 8:39 pm

CTC Aerospace Command, Archangel Station

"Admiral! We've got a red signal from OTRAMONSYS!" one of the techs shouts. Admiral Chitose glances across the bridge of the space station, and simply jacks into her own console, reaching across the network to unfold the tech's point-of-view within her own sensorium. What she sees, however, makes her body frown in the real world. "Have we traced its trajectory already?"

"Yes, sir, it's definitely a decaying orbit... Planetside impact seems to be near one of the older communities."

The admiral nods to herself. "Very well... I'll have to speak to the commander, then. She's going to want forces on the ground for this..."

CTC Crisis Center

"You're certain about this information?" Commander Pleasance asks, her own brow furrowed as she looks over the telemetry data passed on to her from Archangel Station.

"Yes, sir. There's a 99.9956% confirmation as to the object's point of origin."

"So... I suppose our respite is over." She flexes her index finger, transmitting a signal across the base, and the CTC network in general. "Sound condition red. I need a scramble force with a U-series contingent in the air immediately, heading for Spamburg. Assemble an immediate dossier on the area for the assault team -- we don't know who's active in that area at the moment, and this sort of event is bound to bring any number of entities out of the woodwork. Prioritize the area for monitoring from all high-altitude and orbital assets."

"Yes, sir!"

The commander bites her lip in concern. "Also, assemble any of the HTR equipment we've got."

"Sir, the HTR programme is still in its prototype testing phase. We've only got a limited amount of completed equipment."

"Assemble whatever you can." She sighs, rubbing at her temples. "We don't know who's in it, but we know where it came from. I want the team outfitted as best we can against color and transformative effects. Understood?"

"Yes, sir!"

Diego Air Force Base, Outside Muffinville

Only moments after the light lands within the vicinity of Spamburg... several CTC aircraft lift off from the airfield, sleek stealthy aerodynes lifted by anti-gravity drives. They quickly bank off, and start rocketing towards Spamburg!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun May 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Dact compresses his telescope. The streaking celestial body vanishing out of his sight. "A meteor... if I get lucky, I might come away from this with some star metal!" He says with a grin... heading off through the woods towards the direction the light landed... and towards Spamburg!
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Sun May 13, 2012 8:23 pm

As it just so happens, Jean was on a hike near Spamburg when the light impacted! Looking down at it from atop a rocky hill, she gasps, covering her mouth with her hands!

"Good heavens!"

Dashing down the rocky slope, she rushes towards the crater to see if anyone was injured!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Sun May 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Forces converge! Some far more seriously then others. Unfortunately, armed with neither anti-gravity drives, nor the serendipity of having been especially near to Spamburg at the time, Dact may be a little slower then the others in reaching the starmetal...

Or is it starmetal?

As anyone looking into the crater can see, there is metal there--but it's metal as in a sphere. The design is not dissimilar to a certain popular non-moon space station from a popular movie franchise, if smaller, and with a door set in the side. The earth around it remains is steaming from the impact.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun May 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Jean finally reaches the edge of the crater, looking down at the metal sphere. Trepidation sets in as she looks around cautiously before taking one one of her rosaries and stabbing it into the ground blade first! Using it as a rope, she lowers herself into the crater.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun May 13, 2012 11:03 pm

As others approach the crater, there's a distant boom like thunder -- and then the first of the CTC transports passes overhead, its antigravity drives producing a steady hum! Hatches open up in the side and underbelly of the aircraft as it slows to hover over the crater -- the far side from Jean -- and several armored robots leap free of the aircraft, braking their descent with rocket thrusters to land along the outer edge of the crater, a pair directing their descent to land within the crater proper near the pod! What's more, in a moment there stands a woman with long silver hair dressed in combat armor -- one who, judging from the dagger worn at her side, may be familiar to Jean.

The woman glances over the crater, and motions to the robots. "Secure the area, immediately!" she orders.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Mon May 14, 2012 2:44 am

Never underestimate the power of a eager adventurer! With a location in mind, dact charges towards his target! Especially when he sees vehicles zooming towards it. Someone looking from above would see a line of dust kicked up as Dact moves with all the speed and unstopability of a freight train...

When he finally gets in sight, he coils his legs underneath him... and leaps towards the crater!

"STAAAR METAAAL!"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Anonymouse » Mon May 14, 2012 1:09 pm

One, two, three forces in the crater! The ground is hot, and the air is hotter as they approach the pod! It doesn't particularly open to greet them though, and the (Star?)metal looks fairly hot.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon May 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Ha... *Ookalf rides up to the edge of the crater on his bike, having distantly spotted it from just outside Muffinville. Looking around, he makes note of the various other people making their way toward the area, particularly the CTC robots and vehicles.* Looks like something pretty serious is going on...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon May 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Anonymouse wrote:One, two, three forces in the crater! The ground is hot, and the air is hotter as they approach the pod! It doesn't particularly open to greet them though, and the (Star?)metal looks fairly hot.

With Dact and Jean both descending into the crater, the two EDU robots that landed there approach them! "Caution! This site is a potentially hazardous environment!" they announce, apparently trying to position themselves between the two and the pod, and performing scans of each.

The silver-haired woman begins to make her own descent down into the crater, accompanied by another two robots, while the remaining CTC forces begin spreading out, moving to encircle the crater -- and thus encountering Ookalf as they establish their perimeter. "Caution is advised," one of them announces to him. "This site is potentially hazardous." It pauses a moment, apparently scanning him...
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:The silver-haired woman begins to make her own descent down into the crater, accompanied by another two robots, while the remaining CTC forces begin spreading out, moving to encircle the crater -- and thus encountering Ookalf as they establish their perimeter. "Caution is advised," one of them announces to him. "This site is potentially hazardous." It pauses a moment, apparently scanning him...

*Hearing the robot address him, Ookalf brings his bike to a halt as he tries to answer it.* Thanks, but I think I'll be fine... What's going on here, anyway?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:With Dact and Jean both descending into the crater, the two EDU robots that landed there approach them! "Caution! This site is a potentially hazardous environment!" they announce, apparently trying to position themselves between the two and the pod, and performing scans of each.

Dact... pushes past the robots and heads for the pod! "I don't talk to machines." Is his only reply as he heads closer! Looking it over with a low whistle. "So... its not star metal... but a drop pod from space. Neat... wonder if there are aliens in it." He heads towards the door!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Mon May 14, 2012 4:49 pm

Jean yelps as the hoverships swoop over the crater, lowering herself faster! The heat is starting to get to her as she starts to sweat. Looking up at the drone, she smiles and waves!

"Hello! I'm here to help!"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon May 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Ookalf wrote:*Hearing the robot address him, Ookalf brings his bike to a halt as he tries to answer it.* Thanks, but I think I'll be fine... What's going on here, anyway?

"An unidentified object entered the atmosphere from orbit and landed here," the robot explains to Ookalf. "We believe a dangerous tranformative agent may be within. For your safety, you are advised to keep your distance."

Knight Errant wrote:Dact... pushes past the robots and heads for the pod! "I don't talk to machines." Is his only reply as he heads closer! Looking it over with a low whistle. "So... its not star metal... but a drop pod from space. Neat... wonder if there are aliens in it." He heads towards the door!

As Dact pushes past to approach the pod, he can hear the high-pitched whine of a charging energy weapon behind him!

Blaze wrote:Jean yelps as the hoverships swoop over the crater, lowering herself faster! The heat is starting to get to her as she starts to sweat. Looking up at the drone, she smiles and waves!

"Hello! I'm here to help!"

It is unfortunately not one of the CTC's cute and lovable spheroid drones approaching Jean, but a heavily armored combat robot! It returns the wave, however. "Greetings. Do you have medical experience?" it asks. "We believe this pod carries a potentially dangerous transformative agent, and any medical assistance would be appreciated."

The silver-haired woman, arriving at the bottom of the crater, walks over to Jean -- and Jean may recognize her as Special Adjutant Caine, who attended the Exorcists Christmas party!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse