A Wished-For House

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

A Wished-For House

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:30 pm

In the space between two neighboring houses in Muffinville, a third house appears. It seems as if it simply pushes all of reality aside to make room for its existence; from the outside, and from all angles, it looks like a perfectly normal house, other than having a mild purple tone to its roof. Anyone entering the currently-unlocked front door, or any of the windows, might be surprised ("might" as this is Muffinville, after all) to find a much more lavish and extensively more gigantic place inside--a mansion, bordering on the proportions of a castle, with a courtyard in the center. The courtyard includes a small garden of fruit-bearing trees--none of them color fruits, for once--and another one full of flowers. At the very center of the garden, two women appear, one of them looking rather cheerful, while the other appears to be some kind of genie.

The genie looks around. "..You know. I think I might have overdone this a little bit. Looks like this place isn't just huge, it also isn't quite..topographically consistent."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: A Wished-For House

Postby Marky » Sat May 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Blinking and pausing for a moment, Sam stares in awe at the mansion and rest of the land before her. "Ooh, wow~! This is...amazing~! Thanks, Jamie!" She says, giving the genie a sudden hug, before pausing. "Hrm...I wonder if there's anyone inside or not, like maids or so." Letting go of Jamie, she suddenly and eagerly rushes up to the nearest door, opening it.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Jamie follows behind Sam, who finds the entrance to some sort of lounge, with a bunch of couches and chairs and a couple of TVs. Nobody seems to be inside. "Hmm, yeah, I hadn't thought of that. A place this big probably does need some upkeep, but I'm not sure how I feel about just generating a bunch of people..it would be a lot easier on me and the law of conservation to get some people from elsewhere. Either way, for that kind of power I think it would have to be a separate wish."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Marky » Tue May 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Pausing for a moment, Sam nodnods, a bit of a smile on her face. "You know, I think I have a good wish for that one." She says, before hming, and thinking it up in her mind, before speaking. "I wish that the mansion had enough maids to do everything that was needed and I wish that these maids were transformed from people that are currently homeless and such. Would give them a good home, yes?"
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Jamie nods, and grins. "Alright, sounds like a good idea. With the size of this place, which may or may not change occasionally, enough maids is gonna be a lot of people.." she pauses, her eyes glowing briefly. "Man, this town has it rough. Giant monster attacks every week? It's worse than Tokyo and New York combined! Alright, don't even have to reach out to other universes or anything.." Her eyes glow once more, followed by an aura of light circling her body, and finally the genie seems to be floating a foot or two in the air by all the power being used. Then there is a single, purplish flash centering on where Jamie is.

When the flash clears, Jamie--though still a genie and in the same body--appears to have had her clothing turned to a maid's outfit. There is a large number of people around the mansion, one of them working on the garden behind the two, but directly in front of them, in the lounge, is a maid whose hair completely covers her eyes. "Huh. I guess I technically was homeless in this dimension. I think I may have pulled in a few..not exactly humans in all of that."

As if to confirm this, the maid in the lounge briefly makes the kind of sound that would probably drive the weak-minded insane after long enough. And still appears to be smiling while she works.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Marky » Tue May 15, 2012 3:06 pm

Looking at Jamie, before blinking and staring at maid a little, Sam pauses. "Maybe I should've been more specific for only humans, but, um...hopefully everything will be alright." She says, taking a cautious glance to the maid in the lounge. "Well then..." She says, turning back to Jamie. "I think that should just about do it...at least, as far as I can think of..."
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:12 pm

"Well in that case, I'm going to go and look for a bedroom to change clothes in. Maybe something a little less ridiculous.. I think I can probably hear you if you yell my name, even if I normally couldn't physically hear it. Genie-master thing, and all that." Jamie opens a random door in the lounge room, finds a storage closet, shuts and opens the door again to find a hallway, and starts walking inside.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun May 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Nodding and giggling a little at Jamie, Sam watches as Jamie opens the random door, before pausing and blinking as she finds two different rooms/areas with opening the same door. "Oh, wow. How in the world did you do that?" Sam asks to Jamie as she keeps the door from closing, staring down into the random hallway that she went into.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:20 pm

"How did I--oh!" Jamie turns around to properly explain. "That wasn't actually me, this is what I meant when I said this place is somewhat topographically inconsistent. To be precise, any part of the house not currently being observed by somebody has a random chance of turning into a different part of the house, disappearing or reappearing. The doors of a currently constant room always have to go somewhere, but if the door's closed and opened up again it might go somewhere different. Having a bunch of people working on cleaning the place should probably make it less chaotic, though..and I think sleeping in a room still counts as observing it, just for the record."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Marky » Thu May 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Blinkblinking, Sam stares at Jamie for a few moments. "Wow...that's, um...pretty crazy...and confusing" She says, before rubbing her forehead a little bit, before pausing. "That's gonna make finding the master bedroom pretty darn hard..."
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Jamie looks thoughtful for a moment. "Hmm...maybe. But there's a good chance of five or six master bedrooms being available at any given time, so your chances aren't too bad. Maybe some kind of magic map or something would help.."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Marky » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Blinking, Sam just stares at Jamie for a few moments. "Five or six master bedrooms? Um...yeah...do you think you could make a magic map for this place?"
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:28 pm

"Sure, I think I can do that if I count it as a wish..." Jamie concentrates for a moment before two pieces of paper appear in her hand. She hands one to Sam; it appears to be an overview of the building's floor plan. About half the rooms have tiny lettering written in them, and most of them seem to be lit up slightly; the other half seem to have equally tiny question marks, and occasionally those rooms appear to completely change shape. "It's supposed to be thought-controlled--it can do things like zoom in or follow a particular person when the person holding it wants it to. I don't suggest testing what happens when two people try to tell it to do different things, though..." She then pauses to take a long look at the remaining paper in her hand, which is apparently another copy of the same map.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Taking the map in hand, Sam listens to Jamie as she describes what it does, before slowly nodding. "I see. Can I find a specific room that I want in here? Like the main master bedroom?" She asks, looking the map over as she asks the question to Jamie.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Return to the Muffinverse