The Princess and the Coin--A Day of Wishes

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: A coin

Postby Anonymouse » Sat May 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Brom awkwardly descends one step at a time in her heels, doing her best to keep up with the little princess.

"I--I'm not sure if that's really the definition of a 'gift'!"

That said...the city stood wide open to Melanie. As the Pastry Princess--and the highest authority present right now--she could force herself into most anywhere..so where did she want to go? The Business sector? The newly dreamed into existence Castle Poppyseed? The sub-terranian Neo-Muffinville? The bustling suburbs? Black Pearl Harbor? Or...well, anywhere else, for that matter. Of course, even if she just wanted to wander aimlessly she would be sure to encounter a soul with a wish eventually...
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat May 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Standing at the bottom of the steps, with one hand on her hip, Melanie looked around with a frown. "I thought there would be more people than this... ", she said, frustrated. Holding out her hand, she looked down at the coin, "It would be selfish to take another wish for myself... ", she murmured, although from her actions so far, it would seem that the thought of being selfish wasn't usually something that stopped her.

"Ah! This will do until more people show up!", she said, pointing across the town square, to where Elliot was sat on a bench, flipping through a comic book. She began to march over, not even pausing as she crossed the road, the long dress swishing about around her legs.

The blonde boy looked up in suprise to see the little Princess coming toward him, and after a moment's hesitation he was up on his feet, and bowing to the girl. "Good day, your highness!", he said, sounding nervous. "You're looking lovely today".

Melanie frowned, and shook her head, "You're a terrible suck up, Elliot. However, this is your lucky day". She flipped him the coin, and he reached out to catch it, fumbling and knocking it up a couple of times before he finally grasped it, and looked at it in confusion.

"Make a wish as you toss it", she ordered with a smile, clasping her hands together, an eager look in her eyes.

Elliot looked back to her, uncertain, knowing how easily wishes could go wrong in Muffinville, but it was clear he didn't have the nerve to disobey royalty! He chewed his lip in thought, and then glanced around the quiet streets, sucking in a deep breath. "Okay, I got one... ", he said, giving Brom a worried look as he flipped the coin up into the air.

"I wish I had more money than I could possibly spend!".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Sat May 12, 2012 5:06 pm

The coin flips high into the air, seeming to pause at its very zenith...before falling back down, just in time for the poor Brom to rush across the street, clearly thankful that there's not a whole lot of people around to see her--though she does draw a few looks regardless.

The coin lands...on the Jester! The 'wish granted' section of it seems to flicker for a moment...and nothing seems to happen. At least, not until the wind picks up, and flips the pages of his comic...revealing today's winning lottery ticket. And a pile of other ones, dated from tomorrow into several months from now!
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Re: The Princess and the Coin--A Day of Wishes

Postby Harri-chan » Sat May 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Elliot seemed braced for the worst, not knowing that it mattered which side the coin landed. The tension washed away from his face however when the wind caught the pages of his comic to reveal the lottery tickets. "Ha ha!", he yelled, grabbing them in one hand, which he thrust up over his head and danced with joy around the Pastry Princess.

"Of all the people... ", muttered a very displeased looking Melanie as she watched this. Sucking in a deep breath, she let it back out as a sigh, and went to take the coin. Unfortunately for her, it was easy for Elliot to keep out of her grasp, "Hold on a second, Princess... I'm not done. You know how rare it is for these things to actually work?".

He paced back and forth, stuffing the lottery tickets into the back pocket of his knee-length denim shorts. "There's things money can't buy. Like power, and respect. People like Fimble and Roman have it... you know why?". He stopped, grinned at Melanie and Brom, and then flicked up the coin again.

"I wish I was the head of my own business empire!".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Sat May 12, 2012 5:38 pm

The narrator should note, just to say, that the coinflips herein are being determined by real life coin-flipping, as such what good and bad luck that lies herein, is truly being left up to chance.

That said, the coin is flipped again...and again it comes down. Jester. Three out of four so far--or two for two on Elliot's side. It may not be obvious to him even that there is a downside to this coin--or why the princess would have given it to him.

Regardless, there's that warmth again, as the metal glows briefly...And Elliot will feel a similar sensation to that of Melanie when she changed. Similar...but somehow better. Like he'd won something. Out of nowhere, a can rests in his hand, as an abbreviated jacket pulls down over his shoulders, offset by a bowtie, leaving him in something of a business suit. New memories tickle through his brain, as the tickets in his pocket are scattered into his empire--Rainbow Ltd. A recent startup company that he'd started with the winnings from the Muffinville lottery, quickly diversifying and expanding, like magic, until it had become the financial powerhouse that it was today, owning a good chunk of the private sector,and wielding its financial power like a club. In his pocket, he could feel a smartphone settle in, filled with appointments and marketing plans, though nowadays he left most of the busywork to his underlings.

Brom blinks, swallowing. "I--er. You really should probably quit while you're ahead...!"
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat May 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Melanie looked utterly outraged that Elliot had got his wish for a second time, and her dress swished as she stomped her foot out of frustration. Elliot meanwhile, looked down over himself, impressed with what he saw. Holding the cane out in one hand, he spun around on the spot and then tipped his head to the little Princess. "I'd love to stay and chat, your highness, but I have a busy day ahead", he said, sliding the phone from his pocket and nodding toward it. He started to turn, when he heard the warning from Brom, and looked over to the maid with a slightly confused expression.

"What do you mean?", he asked. Holding the coin up between his forefinger and thumb, he waved it in front of the woman's face, "It works. Can't you see? Hmm... come to think of it, I could use a secretary... ", he said with a smile. "I promise the pay is good".

Melanie looked torn. To take the coin back down would let Elliot get away with nothing but good wishes... yet if she let him keep on wishing, maybe his luck would hold, and he'd just keep getting happier, and happier. Before she could come to a decision, the shiny coin was being flipped up again.

"I wish this pretty girl worked for Rainbow Limited... as my new secretary".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Sat May 12, 2012 5:55 pm

The coin flips again into the sky! But, to clarify, which 'pretty girl' was the new tycoon referring to--Melanie, or Brom?
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat May 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Elliot was looking right at Brom when he made his wish. Melanie was actually being ignored, stood just behind him, with her arms folded across her chest, glaring up at him.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Sat May 12, 2012 6:04 pm

-Clink-

Elliot now, was officially luckier then the little witch--with three jesters in a row! Brom blinks wide...as the air swirls around her, and she's soon left dressed something like this. Staring between them, she blushes...as almost without thinking she hurries over to Elliot's side. "I...just. Y-you've been very lucky so far is all...sir."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat May 12, 2012 6:24 pm

"There's nothing lucky about it. I just made the right wishes", he said with a smile. Looking down at the coin, he then turned to glance back at the Pastry Princess. "Thank you for the gift, your highness... I don't want to be too greedy, so you better take this back", he said, holding the coin out to her.

She glared at him, and hesitated a moment before reaching out to snatch it back, "This isn't the end of it, Elliot!".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Sat May 12, 2012 6:40 pm

*Kether in his more normal maleish form walks by and tries to snatch the coin from Melanie's hand*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Kumi-chan » Sat May 12, 2012 8:56 pm

K walks by one his phone, looking somethings up on the browser, he moves over and sits on a bench. "hmmm might be more than expected. Balls." He shrugs and leans back on the bench thinking. "If my reality was more like here..."
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Harri-chan » Sun May 13, 2012 3:18 am

Melanie took the coin, and was just about to begin ranting about something when it had been taken from her. Her eyes widened in suprise and she turned to look at the hand now holding it, and then up at the person it belonged to.

"Didn't anyone ever teach you any manners? Fine... go ahead... flip the coin and wish out loud. Make it good... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Sun May 13, 2012 5:01 pm

"I wish Calamity was back"*Flip*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Anonymouse » Sun May 13, 2012 10:11 pm

The coin tumbles through the air...and lands on the ground between them with minimal fuss. Jester

Again.

Maybe Melanie was just bad at this!

That said, nothing seems to be happening...
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse