Cartographers Wanted

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Cartographers Wanted

Postby Raleigh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:47 am

*Raleigh, in a normal appearance for him this time around, is standing next to a freshly constructed building. After a few moments admiring it and placing the compass sign on the front he steps inside and sits behind a large oak desk waiting for anyone to step in. On the outside is simply the compass sign with the words "World Travelers Club" and a smaller sign on the side of the building stating the thread title.*

Right then, lets get this started. Locations to unearth, resources to collect, aboriginal peoples to exploit... errr I mean interact with, and other such things await. For such a world with so many people here in this city it seems little of the rest of it is known. We know of at least two other continents and a few tribes are lose about on this one but that is it. I'm hoping this will lead to more adventurers stepping out and finding things.

((Blatant attempt at world building here. For all that I've been around here for some time I've not really seen much of the city, much less the continent and world, fleshed out. We know the city has a forest on at least one side, lots of buildings and empty lots, Black Pearl Harbor for a port, and a park. From the codex we also have a few plants, strange energies we labeled colors, and a few other things but what of the minerals that can be found here? How about the animals? How likely am I to be gored by a land narwhale or eaten by an underwater tiger? Cannibalistic gazebos are how common? What kind of weather do we get in this realm of wild magics? Perhaps we can do something to spruce up the details a bit, neh?))
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Cartographers Wanted

Postby Blaze » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:11 am

Blaze descends from the sky, carrying a satchel bag.

"Heya Raleigh. Mind if I come along? Got my own mapping stuff!"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:42 am

Oh yes, please do join us. I was hoping more people would show up. I've recently heard something about rain turning people into furniture so I think us documenting the continent and the things on it is even more useful now than it was earlier. Also, remind me to do the same to the moon later. I've been up there four times now and I don't think I've documented its terrain either.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:14 pm

"Righto."

Blaze makes a note on a notepad and nods.

"So, what direction should we head in first you think?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:04 am

"Oh, oh! Can I join you guys?" Marco asked, giving a wave!
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Raleigh wrote:((Blatant attempt at world building here. For all that I've been around here for some time I've not really seen much of the city, much less the continent and world, fleshed out. We know the city has a forest on at least one side, lots of buildings and empty lots, Black Pearl Harbor for a port, and a park. From the codex we also have a few plants, strange energies we labeled colors, and a few other things but what of the minerals that can be found here? How about the animals? How likely am I to be gored by a land narwhale or eaten by an underwater tiger? Cannibalistic gazebos are how common? What kind of weather do we get in this realm of wild magics? Perhaps we can do something to spruce up the details a bit, neh?))

(( Hmmm, I wonder if it'd be worthwhile to try and update the Codex a little? Although, on teh other hand, I know people enjoy some of the flexibility. I know I've introduced Academy City (a short distance outside Muffinville, formerly location of the Sand Academy) and Cayenne Mountain (located in a Utah/Arizona-like desert to the west). Would be amusing if the explorers came across sites like Balthazar... ))
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 pm

[Oh I agree Mischa, the vagueness allows for people to just shoehorn in new places, but some development can be good too. ^^]
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Of course you can Marco. Anyone is welcome. Do you need to get anything ready or will you set out with us?

((Heh, I love vagaries but I do so love to create. It keeps me functioning.))
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:56 pm

"Oh sweet! Nah, I pretty much got everything I need already." Marco said with a laugh.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Alright then. Let's set out. I think I can conjure up any thing we might need if we don't already have it on us. *Steps out from behind the desk.* So, onwards to map the continent and possibly more. Any particular direction you all want to set off in first?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:33 pm

"Hmm..."

Blaze spins on one foot and stops... pointing west!

"That way."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:40 pm

"Oh hey, I was thinking that direction as well. East is always the best one to start with, you know?" Marco said with a laugh, clearly having his directions mixed up...
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:51 am

Right. *Starts going the way Blaze pointed never mentioning that he thought it was the direction of purple.* If I recall correctly it isn't literally possible to walk into the sun in this realm, right?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:13 am

"Walk into the sun? I've never had that problem." He thinks a little. "I better put on sunblock!"
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:01 pm

"Only if you walked fast enough to attain escape velocity." Blaze says, rolling her eyes.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to the Muffinverse