Pt. 5: The Dimensions Strike Back!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Pt. 5: The Dimensions Strike Back!

Postby Marky » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 am

((...yeah, it's been one of those hellish semesters of busy work and not much down time. But, it's time I get off my arse and try and continue this with the plan that I had in mind! Anyways, expect a little short story coming up...maybe. :P

Also, edit: For those that don't want to read this monstrosity, but want to join in, the last 4-5 paragraphs is the main part of where people can come in, especially the last two. The rest is just plot and character descriptions.

Also, if I left the ending of it a bit too hard for someone to enter the thread that wants to, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.))

It was a one dark, stormy night. The citizens of Muffinville were in for the night, except for the night owls that constantly loved to stay awake past 1 am in the morning. Any of those outside around this time of night quickly would want to find some shelter, as the rain, wind, and lightning seemed to go on without end, leaving some people sleepless through fear of storms or to perhaps see if this storm was more than just a simple storm.

And perhaps it was. After another hour of intense rain, wind, and lightning, the storm slowly moved away from the city of Muffinville, over the nearby forest, and quickly seemed to pick up in intensity as it made its way over the densest parts of the forest. Then, without warning, a swirling vortex spun its way down from the clouds. That's right, a tornado suddenly formed and made landfall in the forest, sending trees flying up into the air in its wake. But that would not be the only thing that this would bring...

Suddenly, lightning began to encircle the tornado, striking the ground all around the stationary swirling monstrosity, and then, a bright flash from with the tornado, a loud thunderous boom heard perhaps throughout at least half of Muffinville, despite the storm being a fair distance away. Just a moment or two after the flash and the boom, the tornado quickly dissipated, along with the storm itself, leaving the destruction in its wake.

But it also left something else...four figures were left laying in the center of charred ground, unconscious but otherwise fine. For those beings that could sense the presence of others entering this dimension, they would find themselves unable to sense these four having entered this dimension, almost as if something was preventing the four from being noticed for some odd reason.

The following morning came, quite calmly compared to the storm that roared through the first part of the night. And it was with the sunlight reaching down into the forest that caused the four figures to suddenly stir, groaning, before all four of them slowly began to look around, a confused look etched across all of their faces.The shortest, and perhaps youngest of the group suddenly spoke up first, a young man wearing tattered clothing, barely standing 5'6", with green eyes and long, dark blond hair. "Ugh...where the hell are we? G, got any ideas?"

The man, apparently going by "G.", groaned once more, holding his head and grumbling a little to himself. Wearing tattered clothing also, he appeared to be slightly the eldest of the entire bunch, standing about 5'10", with green eyes and short, brown hair. "Nnnngh, looks like a forest to me, D." G said, glancing around for a moment, before closing his eyes once again.

"Well, I can clearly see that, dude! I thought you'd be able to psychic up the identity our location or whatever." D said, grumbling a little to himself and rolling his eyes as he slowly got up to his feet. G groaned and grumbled at the response from D. "Dangit, dude, I told you that I'm an empath now, not a psychic! I get people's emotions, not thoughts! And the confusion of all three of you combined with mine is giving me a migraine from hell." Groaning once again, G turns over to block out the sun and try and get this migraine of his to dissipate.

Meanwhile, the third member of the group got up to his feet, shook his short, sandy-blonde hair and rolled his brown eyes at D as he brushed off his tattered clothing. "Yeah, D. Thought you would've figured that out by now, dude, but it looks like you're a bit slow." The man said, clearly a good half-foot taller than D, the tallest of of the bunch. "Oh, yeah?! Well why don't you just stay still so I can knock your block off and perhaps send you into the next state while I'm at it, Sam?!"

Sam? Yes, Sam. For those that saw his form before turning into a wolf-girl, this man looks like he could be an identical twin to the Sam that disappeared a few months back! But, something doesn't seem quite right about all of this, does it? And suddenly, a sickle-shaped beam of energy made its way right to Sam and D, both noticing it, quickly jumping back and looking off in the direction that it came from with momentary glares toward the source, before pausing, starting to calm down.

Floating down to the ground was a young man with mid-length, spiky brown hair and blue eyes, glasses with a crack in the left lens adorned on his unamused face. Piercing the ground with his sword, the figure just shook his head at the two and sighed. "Are you two gonna be standing there b****in' back-and-forth all day, like usual..., or are we going to find out just where the hell we're at?"

Both D and Sam shook their heads and sighed, saying at the same time "Sorry, Mark..." Wait, what?! Mark?! This is getting crazier by the second! It sure does look like Mark, and for those that could perhaps sense his presence (although, it's currently still being blocked off in the clearing that they're at by some unseen force), they would find that it did seem just like the very same Mark that had disappeared, but, just like Sam, there was something...off.

As a smile formed on Mark's face, he glanced over to G for a moment, before slowly wandering over to him, frowning a little. "You gonna be alright to travel for a bit, G? I saw a city in the distance, a fairly big one, where we might find out just where we are." Groaning once again, but less than earlier, G suddenly raised his head up from the ground and slowly got to his knees. "I...think so. Might need a little help for a bit, but, after that, I think I'll be good." Smiling, Mark gave a nod to G, as he motioned D on over. "Alright. D, help G up and help him get his bearings so we can get going."

"Sure thing, bro." D said as he went over to G and suddenly picked him up off the ground and put him in his arms like a bride. Both Sam and Mark couldn't help but chuckle at the sight, as G looked around for a moment, confused, before looking at D, who was grinning a silly grin and trying to suppress a chuckle himself. It took a moment, but G picked up on what D was doing, by a combination of the position he was in and his empathic powers, and quickly shot out of D's arms and staggered to his feet. "You are NOT carrying me out of this forest like I'm some kind of bride, damnit!" G yelled, which just brought laughter from the trio of Mark, Sam, and D.

Soon after everyone regained their composure, the four set off toward the city of Muffinville, and within a few hours, began making their way into the city limits of Muffinville. "Muffinville? What the hell kind of name is that for a city?" Sam asked, a look of confusion on his face, as well as the others. "Hell if I know, but, this was the only place I saw within a reasonable distance. C'mon...let's try and get over to that building so we can get a better look around this place." Mark said, pointing over to a fairly tall, roughly 10-20 storied building. Grumbling a little bit, D suddenly spoke up. "Why can't we go and get some food first, bro?" "With what, our looks?" G suddenly responded right after. "Oh...right. Well, I dunno about you guys, but I might be able to get by on my looks." D said, posing for a moment, which caused Mark to facepalm, Sam to roll his eyes, and G to just shake his head, trying to stifle a chuckle.

"G's right, though. We don't have any money on us, remember? We'd have to work to get ourselves some food. I know you're hungry, bro, but we're all gonna have to wait a little bit. Perhaps someone might be nice enough around here to give us some money, but, with our clothing and who knows how bad we smell......" Mark says, before suddenly tapering off, taking a sniff of himself, which the rest soon follow, none of which can really smell how bad they actually smell right now, having not taken a bath for several days, if not a week or two.

After a collective sigh, the group continued to make their way into the city. However, as Mark and Sam got into a bit of a discussion while they were passing a bar, D suddenly grinned and dragged G with him inside, covering his mouth so he wouldn't alert the other two. Not noticing as they continued their discussion, the duo of Mark and Sam made their way to the base of the building they had spotted a little ways back, before suddenly pausing and turning around. "Well, D, G, looks like..." Mark started to say, before pausing, and glaring daggers in the space that D and G should've been. "Damnit D!!!" He boomed down a few good blocks, almost to where D and G could hear it...almost.

Meanwhile, back at the bar, D and G sat down on a couple of stools at the bar, which looked fairly normal, especially for Muffinville standards, at least. However, the drink selection was...a bit confusing to D, and G, too. "Cocomelon? Checherry? Leme? The hell is this stuff?" D whispered to G. "I dunno dude, but I don't like the looks of this place, plus we don't have any money..." G whispered back. And it was at this time the bartender walked up to the two...

And back to Mark and Sam, figuring it would perhaps give them some help in finding out the general area of where D and G had gone, Mark flew up to the top of the building, with Sam in tow. Upon making it to the top, the two quickly looked off in the direction that they had come, before Sam suddenly asked "Seen anything yet?" Shaking his head, Mark sighed. "Nope..."

And so the adventure begins...(again?)

((That ought to make up for me taking a month to post this. X_________X *collapses and passes out*))
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: Pt. 5: The Dimensions Strike Back!

Postby Maiden Miki » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Not far off in a park was a sleeping Mike on top of a cardboard box. He stirred a little as he raised the blanket up to warm himself up.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Marky » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:18 am

Maiden Miki wrote:Not far off in a park was a sleeping Mike on top of a cardboard box. He stirred a little as he raised the blanket up to warm himself up.

It's a wonder that Mike slept through the first booming yell that Mark had, as it traveled pretty far. However, it paled in comparison to the next one. "DAMNIT, GUYS! WHERE IN THE HELL ARE YOU TWO?! AAAAUURGH!!!!" Mark yelled out, clearly frustrated at not knowing where the two known as D. and G. were in a city that they hardly knew. If Mike didn't at least stir from this one, he's either developed a hearing problem or is quite the heavy sleeper.

Beside him, Sam grimaced at Mark's yelling. "Damnit, dude...wanna get the cops or whoever onto us? Probably could get you on disturbing the peace or something for a mile in each direction..." Pausing for a moment, Mark just sighed and plopped down onto the edge of the building. "I know...it's just, we've made it through everything for so long, stuck together, that every time we split up..." "It worries the hell out of ya, huh?" Sam finishes Mark's sentence. Sighing once again, Mark nods a little. "Yeah...I just hope they haven't gotten into trouble...you know how D is..."

Sam sighs and nods. "Oh boy, don't I know...let's just hope G's kept him in line...or will at least help bail him out..."

Speaking of those two...back to the bar! "Oh...so you two ain't got no money, hm?" The fairly large bartender suddenly says, motioning to a couple of bouncers as G tenses up, frowning as he looks over to D. "I told you so, dude..." D just sighs and looks to the floor for a moment, before looking up at the bartender. "Well, me and my buddy here would gladly be willing to work for the drinks or so..." The bartender pauses for a moment, before suddenly getting a good whiff of the two in front of him. "That may be true, but you two stink to high heaven, and I'm afraid you're gonna have to leave.

Suddenly, the two bouncers were right behind D and G, each grabbing a collar. "Alright shortstuff, time to scram." Said the first bartender. G froze for a moment, looking over at D, whose eyebrow was visibly starting to twitch, but unlike G, he didn't budge from his seat one bit. Seeing this, the other bouncer held G at a distance with his long arms as he looked over to D. "Did ya hear him, twerp? He said scram. Now get out." At this point, D was almost starting to visibly shake, looking down at the ground. G slowly started to back away, towards the exit, the bouncer's grip loosened thanks to D's inaction. "You know...I may not be a psychic, but you guys are in for a real world of pain...just saying." G said, now out of reach of the bouncer who had his collar. "Oh, yeah? What's this puny, litt-OOF!" Within a split-second the bouncer who had D's collar had been sent flying by a punch, straight into the nearest wall...and through it with a loud crash! "What the...?! Why you---!" The other bouncer started, and swung, hitting D right in the side of the face, which caused him to barely turn his neck from the impact. A death-glare of a gaze onto the second bouncer later, the bouncer didn't know what hit him as he, too, was sent flying with his partner.

Everyone else in attendance was pretty much stunned at what just happened, even the bartender. "CHRIS! We gotta get outta here, now!" G yelled, quickly grabbing Chris D. by the wrist, who snapped out of it at hearing his first name, the two darting out of the bar together and down the street for a moment till they darted off into an alley, panting while trying to catch their breath, leave a wave of confusion and commotion in their wake.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Maiden Miki » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 am

Mike is indeed a heavy sleepier as he kept on sleeping. He stirred a bit more but woke up to catch the tail end of that last yell. Mike slowly rose up and then looked around until he blinked his eyes a little bit.

"What sounds like a person yelling like a mad man?" asked Mike as he literally roll off his cardboard box. He then slowly walked in the direction of the yelling.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Maiden Miki wrote:Mike is indeed a heavy sleepier as he kept on sleeping. He stirred a bit more but woke up to catch the tail end of that last yell. Mike slowly rose up and then looked around until he blinked his eyes a little bit.

"What sounds like a person yelling like a mad man?" asked Mike as he literally roll off his cardboard box. He then slowly walked in the direction of the yelling.

As Mike walked in the direction of the yelling, he would see a small crowd gathered around, staring up at one of the taller buildings in town. Perched atop the building looked to be someone sitting on the edge of it, with someone standing right beside of him.

Also, Mike may or may not notice a commotion coming from a nearby street, a good ways down, from the bar that Chris D. and G. had escaped from.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Konoko yawns a little as she watches the shenanigans that are going on. "Man... I knew that something complicated was going to be happening soon." She scratched her head.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Hm? *Ookalf, who'd been tuning up his bike by the side of the road, spots D and G running out of the bar and down the alley, as well as the chaos they left behind. Figuring something's up, he hops back on his bike and follows them.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:45 pm

KonokoHasano wrote:Konoko yawns a little as she watches the shenanigans that are going on. "Man... I knew that something complicated was going to be happening soon." She scratched her head.

Yup! Just figures, doesn't it! Well, there's two different sets of shenanigans going on. Which one will Konoko go and investigate?! The tall building or the area around the bar?

Ookalf wrote:Hm? *Ookalf, who'd been tuning up his bike by the side of the road, spots D and G running out of the bar and down the alley, as well as the chaos they left behind. Figuring something's up, he hops back on his bike and follows them.*

Hearing the motorcycle seeming get closer despite the sound of the commotion, D and G look up and to the entrance of the alley, seeing Ookalf riding towards them. "Aw, ****! Move G!" D yells, and actually throws G up onto the roof of the building adjacent to the bar, before using a ton of force (and putting a hole in the outside wall of the bar) to jump up there after G. Grumbling once D lands up there as well, G gives him a bit of a glare. "Could've given me a bit of a warning there..." D sighs a little, before looking back down to see if Ookalf might've stopped and followed after.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Marky wrote:Hearing the motorcycle seeming get closer despite the sound of the commotion, D and G look up and to the entrance of the alley, seeing Ookalf riding towards them. "Aw, ****! Move G!" D yells, and actually throws G up onto the roof of the building adjacent to the bar, before using a ton of force (and putting a hole in the outside wall of the bar) to jump up there after G. Grumbling once D lands up there as well, G gives him a bit of a glare. "Could've given me a bit of a warning there..." D sighs a little, before looking back down to see if Ookalf might've stopped and followed after.

*Ookalf watches G and D as they throw themselves up to the roof.* Oh, they're good... Henshin! *Ookalf's Rider suit appears on him in a flash of light as he takes a super-powered leap after the two escapees. Back down below, his bike slows to a stop without its rider.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Marky wrote:
As Mike walked in the direction of the yelling, he would see a small crowd gathered around, staring up at one of the taller buildings in town. Perched atop the building looked to be someone sitting on the edge of it, with someone standing right beside of him.

Also, Mike may or may not notice a commotion coming from a nearby street, a good ways down, from the bar that Chris D. and G. had escaped from.

Mike notice the crowd and walks towards them. He saw that they were all looking up and wonder what they were looking at. He rubbed his eyes to try to make them more awake and then tilts his head up to see what they were looking at.

"Please let nothing be caught on fire...I just woke up," said Mike as he yawns a bit.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Konoko heads towards the bar, figuring that maybe she could get a drink while she was at it. "I could likely use a drink..."
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Marky » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:01 pm

Ookalf wrote:*Ookalf watches G and D as they throw themselves up to the roof.* Oh, they're good... Henshin! *Ookalf's Rider suit appears on him in a flash of light as he takes a super-powered leap after the two escapees. Back down below, his bike slows to a stop without its rider.*

Both D and G's eyes go wide as they hear Ookalf yell out 'Henshin!' and immediately dart away on the roof, not even waiting to see him come into sight just a moment after they start running like hell. However, as soon as G passes the door leading to the roof of the building, D grabs the door and tears it off from its frame before slinging it back at Ookalf and continuing to run!

Maiden Miki wrote:Mike notice the crowd and walks towards them. He saw that they were all looking up and wonder what they were looking at. He rubbed his eyes to try to make them more awake and then tilts his head up to see what they were looking at.

"Please let nothing be caught on fire...I just woke up," said Mike as he yawns a bit.

It doesn't seem like anything has caught on fire, per-say, but if Mike can concentrate, he can see two figures moving back away from the edge of the building. Up on top of the building, however, Mark and Sam both look off back in the direction of the bar that they had passed and see G and D running across the rooftop with someone behind them. "Aw, ****! What have they gotten into this time?! Ugh..." Mark says, before sighing. "Stay here, Sam. I'll be right back with those two..." He says before quickly jumping and flying off from the roof of the tall building, probably giving the crowd below a sight to see, as well as Mike!

Sam, meanwhile, grumbles a little from the rooftop. "Not like I can go anywhere else..."

KonokoHasano wrote:Konoko heads towards the bar, figuring that maybe she could get a drink while she was at it. "I could likely use a drink..."

And so Konoko heads toward the bar! On her way, she may notice a couple of people running from Ookalf in his Rider suit, even throwing a door at him!

At the same time, another person is flying from the top of a tall building, straight at the three on the roof!
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Marky wrote:Both D and G's eyes go wide as they hear Ookalf yell out 'Henshin!' and immediately dart away on the roof, not even waiting to see him come into sight just a moment after they start running like hell. However, as soon as G passes the door leading to the roof of the building, D grabs the door and tears it off from its frame before slinging it back at Ookalf and continuing to run!

Wha-? *Ookalf instinctively punches the door as it flies at him, shattering it to pieces!* Hey, watch where you're throwing that stuff! You could really hurt someone! *That said, he runs after D and G across the roof.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:31 am

It didn't take long for Mike to figure out that there were two people on the top of the building. A quick reading of auras had told him that. Though, he didn't seek out to see if they were anybody he knew but he could sense two dots on there.

"Well, either this is really good or really bad. Might as well go up and check," said Mike as he pull his right arm back. He then focus his aura a bit and shot his arm forward to shot out a long band of aura.

"Aura Rocket," said Mike as he then retracted the piece of aura and shot himself up to the top of the building. He could see that one of the specs of aura had jumped away leaving only one there. Either Mike was going to be killed or wasn't.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 pm

And so Konoko heads toward the bar! On her way, she may notice a couple of people running from Ookalf in his Rider suit, even throwing a door at him!

At the same time, another person is flying from the top of a tall building, straight at the three on the roof!

Konoko, noticing this, inhales and exhales, sending a beam of freezing ice at the two peoples' feet, hoping to ensnare them!
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to the Muffinverse