Research and Development

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Research and Development

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Feng wrote:"The Chibiwanbanshu do possess some full body suits for special occasions, namely when conducting crackdowns on sorcerer cabals in the Chibi District. Unfortunately these suits, archaic in design, are purposed solely in keeping out hallucinogenic gases. Compared to that... "stuff" we encountered on the Western Continent however..."

".... In hindsight we should have sent a non-living scout instead. We loss some experienced operatives in that fiasco."

Commander Pleasance nods. "I remember the reports we received about that. You have my sympathies." She considers. "Would you want any assistance in obtaining proper protective gear for your assistants?" she asks. "While affairs have settled down for the moment on the other continent, I have no doubt Nokel's forces will stir again. In fact, it might be a good opportunity to try and develop potential protective measures for the people of the Muffinville area."

She considers. "Also, what kind of protections did you use when fighting sorcerer cabals?"

Feng wrote:Elsewhere:

"I specialize mostly in a combination of western and traditional medicine" says Doc. "My brother, Grumpy, is one of the higher ranking operatives for the Chibiwanbanshu who gather intelligence and engage in acts of sabotage and tracking. Finally Atoc, the newest member of our organization, is an Archaeologist from the local university."

"I help Team Bones dig up the cool stuff" :mrgreen: interjects Atoc.

The doctor nods. "I see..." He chuckles at Grumpy. "I hope you're not planning to sabotage anything here?" he asks, before turning to Atoc. "Team Bones, is it? Nice name!"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:14 pm

"The protective suit is comprised of combination of light heat-resistant leather armor and a specialized gas mask. The suit is designed to provide some small level of protection however the design is regrettably outdated. The gasmask however can be extremely useful. Not only can is keep out foul air but a special pouch in the front allows for shimmer weed which is vital in combating the hallucinogenic mists found in the cabals."

He pulls a strange metal and leather mask from out of his pocket.

"Anyways I appreciate your offer concerning protective armor although I think that it would prove counterproductive to the tactics employed by the Chibiwanbanshu who emphasize stealth and mobility. Wouldn't your armor interfere with their agility and their ability to blend in?

"Irregardless, if this Nokel bloke does cause trouble in the future please let the Chibi Express know... While we might have suffered an embarrassing setback last time many of our number are anxious for revenge. While we might not be able to provide much assistance in the front lines, I am sure our organization can finds ways to help out...."

Elsewhere...

"You need not worry, my good doctor. If I was a saboteur the damage would have already been committed!" ^^

Atoc grins.

"Grumpy is being creepy again. He does that from time to time."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Helel » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:"Please, follow me," the Commander says to her guests, and she steps out of the elevator with a nod to the nearby security guards. A short distance away, the group can see an older man in a lab coat talking with younger man, perhaps an assistant or technologist. As Pleasance approaches, the conversation between the two seems to come to and end, with the older man sending the younger off with a wave before turning to face the commander. "Commander Pleasance!" he says in greeting. "It's a pleasure to welcome you to Cayenne Mountain. I'm glad to see that our timing worked out so well."

*Leaving the older man behind, Mestiles heads back to the nanotechnology labs. Despite the man's 'size', his footsteps are quiet on the sterile flooring of the research facility before entering the lab doors with a flourish.*

GREETINGS, EVERYONE! I, JOHANN MESTILES, HAVE RETURNED!

*Now, under any other circumstances, this would probably result in an entire room giving bewildered expressions at the large man. But they're probably used to it by now.*

Now, back to work!

*As he scurries back to his station- a disorganized totem to chaos and science around a fully-enclosed sterile hood- Johann quickly slips his hands into the controls and sets his face against a pair of mounted micro/nanoscopes as he begins his work. Within the hood appears to be a suit of armor which Johann appears to be slaving over, and using suggestions from his supervisor/mentor, quickly begins to assemble the suit while making minute changes to the nano circuits lining the interior. Soon, he's completely engrossed in his work. And loudly humming Beethoven's Nineth, much to the annoyance of the rest of the lab.*
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Feng wrote:"The protective suit is comprised of combination of light heat-resistant leather armor and a specialized gas mask. The suit is designed to provide some small level of protection however the design is regrettably outdated. The gasmask however can be extremely useful. Not only can is keep out foul air but a special pouch in the front allows for shimmer weed which is vital in combating the hallucinogenic mists found in the cabals."

He pulls a strange metal and leather mask from out of his pocket.

"Anyways I appreciate your offer concerning protective armor although I think that it would prove counterproductive to the tactics employed by the Chibiwanbanshu who emphasize stealth and mobility. Wouldn't your armor interfere with their agility and their ability to blend in?

"Irregardless, if this Nokel bloke does cause trouble in the future please let the Chibi Express know... While we might have suffered an embarrassing setback last time many of our number are anxious for revenge. While we might not be able to provide much assistance in the front lines, I am sure our organization can finds ways to help out...."

Elsewhere...

"You need not worry, my good doctor. If I was a saboteur the damage would have already been committed!" ^^

Atoc grins.

"Grumpy is being creepy again. He does that from time to time."

Commander Pleasance nods at Lord Bones' description. "I see..." She thinks a moment. "Have you heard of 'thermoptic camoflauge'?" she asks. "A technology which conceals the subject my making them appear essentially invisible. It can be layered onto most forms of armor, including relatively skin-tight suits of light armor polyweave. We've got a couple of 'sneak suit' designs based on such, and it'd likely be possible to make them even environmentally safe." She shrugs.

"Speaking of armor..." she glances at the doctor, who pauses in his discussion with the Chibi. "Ah... yes, Commander?"

"How are the HTR suits coming along?"

"Ahh, yes, we're conducting trials with a few different designs. We still haven't finalized the final design, unfortunately."

She nods. "Well, we might as well take a look at them first," Commander Pleasance says, before starting to continue her walk through the corridors and turning her attention back to Lord Bones. "This Chibi Express of yours... I believe I've heard mention of some kind of 'mail' technology that you use for logistics? Our own logistics chain is somewhat problematic, requiring either standard vehicular transport, or a kind of interdimensional relay that requires some sizable infrastructure. Previously on the Western Continent Raleigh offered some assistance utilizing some kind of magic... but we would like to find other possible alternatives. Can you provide any information on how your technology works?"

Doctor Schuyler, meanwhile, turns his attention back to the Chibi. "Well, you do seem quite proud of your skills," he tells Grumpy. "You must be quite proficient in your field. In fact, I would guess that since each of you is here, you're all proficient in various fields..." he says, making small talk.

Helel wrote:*Leaving the older man behind, Mestiles heads back to the nanotechnology labs. Despite the man's 'size', his footsteps are quiet on the sterile flooring of the research facility before entering the lab doors with a flourish.*

GREETINGS, EVERYONE! I, JOHANN MESTILES, HAVE RETURNED!

*Now, under any other circumstances, this would probably result in an entire room giving bewildered expressions at the large man. But they're probably used to it by now.*

Now, back to work!

*As he scurries back to his station- a disorganized totem to chaos and science around a fully-enclosed sterile hood- Johann quickly slips his hands into the controls and sets his face against a pair of mounted micro/nanoscopes as he begins his work. Within the hood appears to be a suit of armor which Johann appears to be slaving over, and using suggestions from his supervisor/mentor, quickly begins to assemble the suit while making minute changes to the nano circuits lining the interior. Soon, he's completely engrossed in his work. And loudly humming Beethoven's Nineth, much to the annoyance of the rest of the lab.*

Johann's arrival does generate a rather muted response -- primarily a few of the more 'normal' researches just rolling their eyes at his behavior. But given the period of time he's been working on these projects, most of the staff have gotten used to his idiosyncracies.

As he starts on his work, he feels a gentle tap on his shoulder. "Hey, Johann," a young woman wearing a 'Property of the URD' tank top under her lab coat says (in a rather impish tone), "You know this is a nanotech lab, right? I know you're hot on all this classical stuff, but would it kill you to get a little more up to date with music?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 pm

"I think we can arrange something" says Bones. "As it stands our knowledge of mail portal science has expanded ever since we opened up shop four years ago. Not only can we deliver items from Point A to Point B but we've also been able to use it to create mostly stable pocket dimensions for short term storage. Currently we are working on setting up experiments in the shards but we've been hampered by the strong color energies that are native to those places, obviously."

".... I think we can arrange to create a network for your needs if you will provide the Chibi Express with environmental suits. Does that sound like a fair exchange? We'll even give you a sample of our latest prototype, the red tag, too!"

"Most observant" says Grumpy with a nod. "While you already know of my skillset, my brother is a shaman who practices both alternative and western medicine and operates a small clinic in our district. As for Atoc.... He digs for stuff." >.>
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Previous

Return to the Muffinverse