Gathering Energy... 15%

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Gathering Energy... 15%

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:20 am

Fimbulvetr nods as a phone on the table rings. She picks it up and listens.

"I see... keep an eye on them. If they get hostile, launch drop pods through a portal. As for the CTC, be polite and answer their questions as best you can without giving out classified information."

"Hm? People trying to get in the way or something?" Ryu asked, watching.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Gathering Energy... 75%

Postby Blaze » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Smash Daisaku wrote:Smash points to the summit! "AHAH! There is the source of our search!" He spirals through the air on his jetpack... him and his forces converging on the summit!

The androids and gynoids fly around to intercept!

::ATTENTION! NIFLHEIM INDUSTRIES ARE RUNNING A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS OPERATION ATOP THIS MOUNTAIN! PULL BACK NOW OR WE WILL RETALIATE WITH LETHAL FORCE!::

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:The drones, for their part, happily examine the androids closely, taking pictures and making scans! They're such cute and curious little things!

Of course, as it becomes more apparent it's difficult for the drones to get a look at the mountaintop, the CTC tries a few other methods. High up in the stratosphere, loitering Skywatch drones try to get a look at the mountain from above... and even higher up, an ANGEL platform in low-earth orbit trains its high-resolution sensors upon the mountaintop, looking for energy and thermal emissions...

Actually getting a proper look at the summit proves difficult due to thick fog. Seems some of it isn't natural either... Thermal scans show that something atop the mountain is running hot! Energy emissions... if it includes color energy, they can see that some kind of color is begin gathered from all over Muffinville!

Carmilla wrote:"Why not?" Carmi asked, "I can go where I please. And why are you dressed for war?"

::Not when we have control of the mountain. And this is just my uniform:: the android replies

KonokoHasano wrote:"Hm? People trying to get in the way or something?" Ryu asked, watching.

"Yes, but I anticipated this." Fimbulvetr says as the limo arrives at the mountain top.

"We get out here."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Carmilla » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:19 pm

"Well then, let's try this a different way," Carmi says, "What are you doing up there that is so secret?" Though she is trying to reason with this creation, she's ready for the event that she has to use force to get up there.
And now, for something curious.
Time passes, people move...Like a river's flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition...Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth...
Carmilla
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Kether » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:16 pm

*Tries looking at WHICH energy or energies are being taken in particular while moving up the mount*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Gathering Energy... 75%

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Blaze wrote:Actually getting a proper look at the summit proves difficult due to thick fog. Seems some of it isn't natural either... Thermal scans show that something atop the mountain is running hot! Energy emissions... if it includes color energy, they can see that some kind of color is begin gathered from all over Muffinville!

Far, far away from the mountaintop, deep within a secured bunker, Command Pleasance sits, watching the screens and displays that surround her, providing constant streams of information.

"Hmmm... well, they're doing a good job of hiding what they're up to," she murmurs.

"What about high-resolution and ground penetrating radar?" her aide suggests.

"it's worth a shot... although if they're artificially generating fog to obscure visual sensors, I wouldn't be surprised if they scattered chaff in it as well," the commander replies. "Still, might as well see what it'll turn up. It should be an interesting answer either way."

Her gaze shifts to the tactical display, revealing the closing assault forces under Smash Daisaku's command, and the movements of the known Niflheim forces. "This should certainly be an interesting display... a chance to see what both sides are capable of. In the meantime..."

Her attention shifts once again, to another display revealing concentrations of color energy in the Muffinville area, and she frowns. "Well, well. Better contact the CICF, and let them know about this. With the SAVIOR project this close to completion, it wouldn't be good to have our efforts to contain the Beige energy in Academy City destabilized..."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:07 am

"Yes, but I anticipated this." Fimbulvetr says as the limo arrives at the mountain top.

"We get out here."

Ryu nods as she quickly hops out of the limo and stretches a bit.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Smash Daisaku » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:42 pm

"Your obviously hiding something! THAT IS SUSPICIOUS! Submit to a inspection this instant or prepare to be forcibly trespassed upon!" He says, as the skies fill with robots. o___o
Smash Daisaku
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Location: Hovering above your head, tossing down explosives for you to catch.

Gathering Energy... 90%

Postby Blaze » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Carmilla wrote:"Well then, let's try this a different way," Carmi says, "What are you doing up there that is so secret?" Though she is trying to reason with this creation, she's ready for the event that she has to use force to get up there.

::If I told you, it wouldn't me a secret. Now let me ask you a question. Why are you so intent on finding out what we're doing?::

Kether wrote:*Tries looking at WHICH energy or energies are being taken in particular while moving up the mount*

Said energy is being scrambled somehow, making identification difficult!

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Far, far away from the mountaintop, deep within a secured bunker, Command Pleasance sits, watching the screens and displays that surround her, providing constant streams of information.

"Hmmm... well, they're doing a good job of hiding what they're up to," she murmurs.

"What about high-resolution and ground penetrating radar?" her aide suggests.

"it's worth a shot... although if they're artificially generating fog to obscure visual sensors, I wouldn't be surprised if they scattered chaff in it as well," the commander replies. "Still, might as well see what it'll turn up. It should be an interesting answer either way."

Her gaze shifts to the tactical display, revealing the closing assault forces under Smash Daisaku's command, and the movements of the known Niflheim forces. "This should certainly be an interesting display... a chance to see what both sides are capable of. In the meantime..."

Her attention shifts once again, to another display revealing concentrations of color energy in the Muffinville area, and she frowns. "Well, well. Better contact the CICF, and let them know about this. With the SAVIOR project this close to completion, it wouldn't be good to have our efforts to contain the Beige energy in Academy City destabilized..."

Indeed, chaff has been scattered all around the mountaintop, further hiding whatever is happening up there! Looking at the colour concentrations of Muffinville... well, depending on how detailed it is, they may notice one particular colour being rapidly drawn to the mountain top, almost all of it now!

KonokoHasano wrote:Ryu nods as she quickly hops out of the limo and stretches a bit.

Looking around, Ryu would see a large machine drawing some kind of energy from all over, collecting it within some kind of crystal. Beneath the crystal is a large platform and under that is some kind of sealed chamber. Near it is a gigantic lever.

"How long until we're ready?" Fimbulvetr asks a nearby technician.
::We're about ready now. Do we have someone to pull the switch?::

Fimbulvetr smiles and slaps Ryu on the back

"Right here. You, go pull that lever now."

Smash Daisaku wrote:"Your obviously hiding something! THAT IS SUSPICIOUS! Submit to a inspection this instant or prepare to be forcibly trespassed upon!" He says, as the skies fill with robots. o___o

::We decline. Attack!::

The skies fill with opening fire from androids and weapons built into the mountain, both kinetic and laser in nature! Other androids attack using hi-tech melee weapons and even their own fists! VTOL fighters fly from the mountain, their pilots wired right into the machine, performing acrobatics impossible to a human pilot as they add their own firepower to the mix!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:11 am

Looking around, Ryu would see a large machine drawing some kind of energy from all over, collecting it within some kind of crystal. Beneath the crystal is a large platform and under that is some kind of sealed chamber. Near it is a gigantic lever.

"How long until we're ready?" Fimbulvetr asks a nearby technician.
::We're about ready now. Do we have someone to pull the switch?::

Fimbulvetr smiles and slaps Ryu on the back

"Right here. You, go pull that lever now."

"Huh? Oh, right." She said, walking over to the lever. "Can't anybody just pull it?" She asks, as she grabs and pulls. "I mean, it's just a lever."
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Gathering Energy... 90%

Postby Kether » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:49 am

Blaze wrote:
Kether wrote:*Tries looking at WHICH energy or energies are being taken in particular while moving up the mount*

Said energy is being scrambled somehow, making identification difficult!
!

*looks for what is missing bellow while continuing ascent*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Gathering Energy... 90%

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:51 am

The CTC drones continue their careful patrol and examination of the zone the Niflheim androids have marked off! It seems the CTC isn't making much of a fuss about Fimbulvetr's project...

Or at least, so it seems...

Smash Daisaku wrote:"Your obviously hiding something! THAT IS SUSPICIOUS! Submit to a inspection this instant or prepare to be forcibly trespassed upon!" He says, as the skies fill with robots. o___o

Blaze wrote:::We decline. Attack!::

The skies fill with opening fire from androids and weapons built into the mountain, both kinetic and laser in nature! Other androids attack using hi-tech melee weapons and even their own fists! VTOL fighters fly from the mountain, their pilots wired right into the machine, performing acrobatics impossible to a human pilot as they add their own firepower to the mix!

In her command bunker, Commander Pleasance watches intently as Smash Daisaku's robots deploy en masse, and are promptly engaged by the gathered Niflheim forces. The AIs and intelligence analysts working for the CTC do their best to keep up with the fray, tagging the varied forces with a variety of icons and hyperlinks to estimations as to their maneuverability, armor, and firepower, continually updating the streams of information as the battle begins.

"Interesting..." the commander murmurs, toggling her displays to focus on one of the VTOL fighters. "These seem quite sophisticated... perhaps even a match for the Ghost V-10." Her attention quickly shifts to another display. "Has the field analysis been completed yet?"

"It is almost completed, sir... preliminary reports from Academy City suggest that the levels of beige energy haven't been affected, at least."

She nods, with some relief. A little too much was resting on Academy City for her liking, but at this point they didn't have an effective alternative. She toggles through the status displays for various CTC installations in the Muffinville area. "All CHORUS systems seem to be showing green and are online... that's good."

She leans back in her seat, steepling her fingers as her attention shifts back to the battle display, the light of the command center glinting from her glasses. "Let's see what our friends can show us..."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Smash Daisaku » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:27 am

Blaze wrote:::We decline. Attack!::

The opening volley causes a few explosions in the air... But more fill their place as the massive cannons on the hovering spacecraft tilt down... opening fire with lazers and cannon shells! While the cargo hold remains open... boiling out robots.

On the ground, Smash lands and begins blasting with his flamethrower, as above a absurdly muscular man jumps from a low flying airplane and lands with a blue explosion... rushing at the nearest robot and going to tear its weapons, or weaponized arms... off before beating them until they fall into what passes for unconscious. Orange Flexes his arms... sending shockwaves of blue energy out in every direction.
Smash Daisaku
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Location: Hovering above your head, tossing down explosives for you to catch.

Gathering Energy... 100%

Postby Blaze » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:46 am

KonokoHasano wrote:"Huh? Oh, right." She said, walking over to the lever. "Can't anybody just pull it?" She asks, as she grabs and pulls. "I mean, it's just a lever."
Kether wrote:*looks for what is missing bellow while continuing ascent*
Jello Shot Mischa wrote:In her command bunker, Commander Pleasance watches intently as Smash Daisaku's robots deploy en masse, and are promptly engaged by the gathered Niflheim forces. The AIs and intelligence analysts working for the CTC do their best to keep up with the fray, tagging the varied forces with a variety of icons and hyperlinks to estimations as to their maneuverability, armor, and firepower, continually updating the streams of information as the battle begins.

"Interesting..." the commander murmurs, toggling her displays to focus on one of the VTOL fighters. "These seem quite sophisticated... perhaps even a match for the Ghost V-10." Her attention quickly shifts to another display. "Has the field analysis been completed yet?"

"It is almost completed, sir... preliminary reports from Academy City suggest that the levels of beige energy haven't been affected, at least."

She nods, with some relief. A little too much was resting on Academy City for her liking, but at this point they didn't have an effective alternative. She toggles through the status displays for various CTC installations in the Muffinville area. "All CHORUS systems seem to be showing green and are online... that's good."

She leans back in her seat, steepling her fingers as her attention shifts back to the battle display, the light of the command center glinting from her glasses. "Let's see what our friends can show us..."

As Ryu pulls the lever all the collected energy is condensed into the chamber below the collector! Those trying to see what energy is missing will realize. The most recent energy. The one no-one used.

The Zvarri energy.

Electricity arcs around the machine as the energy is forced into a humanoid shape. It becomes less of a mass of light and more defined, fading away to reveal skin, hair... a man. Han Zvarri!

Smash Daisaku wrote:The opening volley causes a few explosions in the air... But more fill their place as the massive cannons on the hovering spacecraft tilt down... opening fire with lazers and cannon shells! While the cargo hold remains open... boiling out robots.

On the ground, Smash lands and begins blasting with his flamethrower, as above a absurdly muscular man jumps from a low flying airplane and lands with a blue explosion... rushing at the nearest robot and going to tear its weapons, or weaponized arms... off before beating them until they fall into what passes for unconscious. Orange Flexes his arms... sending shockwaves of blue energy out in every direction.

The Niflheim androids go at it! With a stunning variety of fighting styles! Some fly at their opponents and punch them right out of the sky, some slice wings and engines off, some just hang back and shoot!

On the ground, the android who gets his arms ripped off looks stunned... but he smirks as his torso opens up, revealing a fully charged laser cannon that blasts Smash! Several robots are sent flying by Orange, the smarter ones hanging back and peppering him with gunfire!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Gathering Energy... 100%

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:28 am

Smash Daisaku wrote:The opening volley causes a few explosions in the air... But more fill their place as the massive cannons on the hovering spacecraft tilt down... opening fire with lazers and cannon shells! While the cargo hold remains open... boiling out robots.

Blaze wrote:The Niflheim androids go at it! With a stunning variety of fighting styles! Some fly at their opponents and punch them right out of the sky, some slice wings and engines off, some just hang back and shoot!

On the ground, the android who gets his arms ripped off looks stunned... but he smirks as his torso opens up, revealing a fully charged laser cannon that blasts Smash! Several robots are sent flying by Orange, the smarter ones hanging back and peppering him with gunfire!

Commander Pleasance and the CTC continue to monitor the ensuing battle between the Niflheim forces and those of Smash Daisaku! "Hmm... interesting," the commander murmurs. "Smash certainly has some impressive production capabilities to produce so many robots, although Niflheim is certainly not lacking in that regard either... perhaps we'll have to make some plans to account for armies of this size and capability..."

Blaze wrote:As Ryu pulls the lever all the collected energy is condensed into the chamber below the collector! Those trying to see what energy is missing will realize. The most recent energy. The one no-one used.

The Zvarri energy.

Electricity arcs around the machine as the energy is forced into a humanoid shape. It becomes less of a mass of light and more defined, fading away to reveal skin, hair... a man. Han Zvarri!

A new window opens up in Commander Pleasance's displays, revealing graphs of color intensities. Her attention flickers over the graph, trying to pick out the relevant information, and she frowns slightly. "Analysis, what is going on?"

"It's the Zvarri color, ma'am!" one of the techs responds. "We hardly paid any attention to it after our original analysis, from the phase shift..."

The commander taps her chin... and then her eyes narrow. "Has there been a corresponding phase shift? Is the global color level actually decreasing?" She feels a twinge of regret, recalling that that 'color' had once been a person... but there was no telling if Han Zvarri was still 'alive' and aware in any sense as a mere color.

"We can't tell yet, ma'am... trying to get more precise readings. Most of our sensors weren't calibrated for it..."

Pleasance sighs, but then pauses as a new message comes in. "Flash traffic from Fourth Wall, ma'am," one of the techs reports. The commander nods, and quickly scans the contents of the message.

"Well... well, well... congratulations may be in order, Miss Fimbulvetr..." the commander murmurs to herself.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:52 pm

"Why is it when machines gather its never the final end to meatbaggery..no its a tease!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse