Perpetually Informative Zig-Zagging Aces

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Perpetually Informative Zig-Zagging Aces

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Ezekiel: Hello.

Echo: *nods in the direction of the beverages* The drinks are over there if you want any. *turns towards the pool* Sister? Circe is here.

Ellen: ... *not looking up from her tome* ...Ellen is not home right now. Please leave your name and number at the sound of the beat. ... ...

Echo: *to Circe* Sister says hi.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:28 am

Edna reaches across to shake the hand with a smile, "It's okay... I think I probably deserved it... ", she explained before nodding. "Oh... yes please. Do you have cherry coke?". The conversation seemed to have distracted her from her dress, as she was no longer fussing with it.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Circe » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:27 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Ezekiel: Hello.

Echo: *nods in the direction of the beverages* The drinks are over there if you want any. *turns towards the pool* Sister? Circe is here.

Ellen: ... *not looking up from her tome* ...Ellen is not home right now. Please leave your name and number at the sound of the beat. ... ...

Echo: *to Circe* Sister says hi.

*Circe chuckles.* Yeah, I heard her... What kind of drinks do you have, exactly?
Circe

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Edna reaches across to shake the hand with a smile, "It's okay... I think I probably deserved it... ", she explained before nodding. "Oh... yes please. Do you have cherry coke?". The conversation seemed to have distracted her from her dress, as she was no longer fussing with it.

Eebon: *salutes* Hai, temp-sister! One Cherry Coke coming up! *bustles off to fetch the drink*

*Circe chuckles.* Yeah, I heard her... What kind of drinks do you have, exactly?

Echo: Genuine green tea, various soft drinks (including fruit punch and Cherry Coke, amongst others), chocolate milk---

Elk: *bellows from the roof* I like chocolate millkkk~!

Echo: *as if he never heard him* ---ice water, lemonade, and grape juice.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Circe » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Echo: Genuine green tea, various soft drinks (including fruit punch and Cherry Coke, amongst others), chocolate milk---

Elk: *bellows from the roof* I like chocolate millkkk~!

Echo: *as if he never heard him* ---ice water, lemonade, and grape juice.

Right... *Circe goes to check out the drinks table.*
Circe

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Edna looks around at the other kids, seeming quite daunted. Spotting Circe across the patio, she offered the Witch a wave, but perked up when she spotted Ellen on the inflatable pool chair. "Hey, Ellen!", she called. "Are you having any pizza?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Right... *Circe goes to check out the drinks table.*

*Echo's list is more or less spot-on. There is a bagful of red plastic cups sitting alongside them on the table, and a cooler full of ice cubes beneath the table. Eebon is busy getting Edna's drink, making sure that the Cherry coke doesn't fizz over the edge of the cup.*

Harri-chan wrote:Edna looks around at the other kids, seeming quite daunted. Spotting Circe across the patio, she offered the Witch a wave, but perked up when she spotted Ellen on the inflatable pool chair. "Hey, Ellen!", she called. "Are you having any pizza?".

*Ellen remains silent for a few moments, then lowers her tome from her face and works to rotate the pool chair until she is facing in Edna's general direction.*

Ellen: ...Maybe, in just a bit. I'm not feeling that great this evening. ...If you're wondering where Mom is, she's setting up where you'll be sleeping.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Circe » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:03 pm

AmbushCat wrote:*Echo's list is more or less spot-on. There is a bagful of red plastic cups sitting alongside them on the table, and a cooler full of ice cubes beneath the table. Eebon is busy getting Edna's drink, making sure that the Cherry coke doesn't fizz over the edge of the cup.*

*Circe briefly nods to Eebon, then pours herself a cup of fruit punch.*
Circe

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:16 am

"Oh... well, I hope you'll feel better soon", she said in a genuinely concerned voice. Having told Amber that she'd like to refer to her as Amber... she now felt a little awkward. All the others called her Mom, and Edna wanted to fit in more than she realised.

"I'll be right back Eebon!", she called, and ran back inside to search for Amber.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:50 pm

*Circe briefly nods to Eebon, then pours herself a cup of fruit punch.*

*Eebon nods in return, going about her business.*

*Ellen, meantime, tries to paddle her chair within reach of the pool's edge.*

Harri-chan wrote:"Oh... well, I hope you'll feel better soon", she said in a genuinely concerned voice. Having told Amber that she'd like to refer to her as Amber... she now felt a little awkward. All the others called her Mom, and Edna wanted to fit in more than she realised.

"I'll be right back Eebon!", she called, and ran back inside to search for Amber.

Eebon: *calls after her* Alright. Don't be too long, okay? Gaw!

----

*Into a short hallway, and from there into what looks like Echo's playroom (a kitty condo, with numerous toys scattered about). In there, the stairway down to the basement is visible. Some quiet rummaging and mutterings---undoubtedly Amber's---can be faintly heard from within.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Edna peered around the playroom, before heading down the stairs, holding onto the side as she went down each step with one hand, while the other clutched the frilly dress against her thighs. "Uh... Mom... you down here?", she called.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:41 pm

*A green-carpeted, wood-paneled hallway awaits her at the bottom of the stairs. From there, it branches off: the laundry room one way, several bedrooms (one of which is closed, and probably locked) and a small bathroom. Amber's voice can be heard from the other bedroom.*

Is that you, Edna? I'm in here!
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Following the sound of Amber's voice, Edna eventually ends up in the same bedroom. "It's me... ", she said, the gentle rustle of lace accompanying her every step now, while her pigtails swished back and forth, making it impossible to forget that she was currently a little girl.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:19 pm

*The room pretty much has everything expected of a child's bedroom: twin-sized bed, polished wooden dresser, children's books, et cetera. Set to one side is a wide plastic cabinet with three drawers near the floor, and an alarm clock and small lamp sitting on top. Amber is sitting on the floor, busy applying blankets and sheets to a trundle bed, and she doesn't look up at Edna yet.*

Yes, Edna? Is something bothering you? *pauses in her work, looking a bit concerned* The kids didn't say anything they weren't supposed to, did they? They can be a bit odd sometimes, I know.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:23 pm

"No, no, they didn't say anything bad... I just... I've been thinking... and... maybe it would just help me fit in a little more if.... maybe I called you Mom too?", she suggested, going a little red. Her hands nervously played with the dress, and she chewed her bottom lip as she watched Amber's reaction.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse