D&M Paranormal Consulting Firm

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

D&M Paranormal Consulting Firm

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:11 pm

((This narrative, and all from this particular character's POV will be delivered in first person. Just a heads up so that you don't get too confused. I've been reading a bit of detective fiction lately, and I wanted to do this thread in the form of a "book", at least from my end. It shouldn't be confusing or anything.))

Prologue: Opening Day

I watched Mia turn the sign from opened to close signifying that the day was starting. The whole business, in fact.

The description was on sign near the door, with a picture of the two of us.

Wanderers, passersby and denizens of the Muffin Realm,

Are you plagued by darkness? Are you being cursed, haunted, or bothered by forces you don't understand? Are there creatures near you, or problems that ail you?

Wonder and wander no more. We at DMPC are experts in the supernatural, paranormal and parapsychological. We're ready to help you through your problems through magic, runes and good old fashioned detective work. We can also whip up potions, wards, protections and spell scrolls for you upon request and availability.

So come on in. We're wizards for hire, and we're ready to help!

"That is so freaking cheesy." Mia grumbled. "Besides, this town's already got a PI firm for paranormal crap. You ever thought of that? Besides, I'm not even a wizard"

I sighed. Of course I'd thought of them. How couldn't I? They were better established than me, had more talent than me and had a much, much cooler name.

"You're the muscle. Besides...I know you have your own thing going." I said, "In any case, there aren't a lot of practical uses for a guy with an arcane magic skillset and a girl who swordfights and transforms into a..."

"Alright. I get the point." She said crossly. "Now shut it."

I did, leaning back in my big, leather chair. Mia sat on her smaller desk chair and began to spin it idly after a time. I watched the door, and waiting for a problem I could solve....
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: D&M Paranormal Consulting Firm

Postby Miku-chan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:04 pm

( think ill try rping from a first person perspective here...if you dont mind. i love the old gumshoe story writing style...)

As I walk down Muffinville Avenue and get ready to turn onto Kiwicot Lane, I see a new business has opened. Curious, I head across the quiet street to read the signage. Wind blows strands of my dark colored hair into my face as I try to read. Brushing it back with my slim fingers, I notice the pair in the office as the red haired one starts to spin in her seat. Giggling at the antics of the obviously bored young woman, I decide to see if their advertised abilities are what they say. Turning to the door, I try the knob and enter if it opens...
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:20 pm

((I don't mind, even though it's not necessary at all. Just let me know who it is you're playing if you intend to do that))

The door opened, startling me from my idling. I stood strait and at attention, ready to greet our first customer.

"Hello!" I said in the friendliest, most helpful sounding tone I could, "What can I help you with today?"
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 am

((Ok, so I'm using Hollis/Nimwei here, though her current pic isn't linked to her profile yet...))
I enter the office and smile warmly at the man who is quick to greet me. "Hello, I hope you can. Your sing says you are a paranormalist." I say I. My flat emotionless tone. Frowning slightly, I pause, trying to apologize thru my body language...
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Return to the Muffinverse