The Giving Season

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: The Giving Season

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:39 am

Elliot watched her with a smile as he saw the emotional reaction to finding the ticket. "I figured you and Julia would be like sisters, but... I guess you don't really have that much in common, huh?", he asked, glancing over at the schoolgirl by the present pile for a moment. "Well, I don't think they squeezed your new sister into the stocking. I wonder how you redeem it".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:43 am

Bigmouthstrikes wrote:The spinner stopped on "Neutral" meaning that her present could be both good and bad depending on how she used it...

Interesting... *Yvette now opens the present!*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Miku-chan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:49 am

A USB chord snakes from the base of Moira's spine like a tail.

"You can use that to invade any machines you come across." He told her, "I have a hit to put out that this new talent should help you with."

Moria looks down at the strange new appendage, then twitches it like a cat tail trying to get a feel for the device..."Ye be needin access ta certain servers than? Sure, aye be game. Where in the 'net do ye wanna start?" Moria almost purrs cat like...

Meanwhile...

Julia pics a present for herself and spins the little spinner on it. From his vantage, he can see that it lands on "Nice"

Mic leans slightly closer out of the shadows, his red hair slightly longer than normal, and his leather duster seems a bit bulkier. Trying to watch what happens to Julia I while making sure Roman don't do anything...Until he watches him get hit by the coal and change. He bursts out laughing, his voice slightly off..."Hehe...looks like you are nearing Karma first hand"
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:03 pm

(( This thread makes me laugh! Sadly, I can't post much while at work... ))

Bigmouthstrikes wrote:Rosetta waved back kindly. Sam stood behind her with his own gift.

"How are you, handsome?" She asked brightly. "You used the spiny thing yet?"

Mischa waves back to the two of them. "Not yet..." Glancing down at his present, he notices the spinner. "What's it supposed to do, exactly? Doesn't it make gift-wrapping kind of impractical?" He gives the package a slight shakes, and then flicks the spinner to watch it spin, curious what it's supposed to do.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Roman looks from Alto to the gigantic pile of presents threatening to dwarf the pathetic excuse for a tree and then back.

"Yes." he answered flatly

Alto nods as he moves over and looks for his present. Upon finding it, he grabs it and proceeds to open!
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:52 pm

"Well, my name is Jean. What's your name sweetie?" Jean says, looking rather concerned.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Blaze wrote:"Well, my name is Jean. What's your name sweetie?" Jean says, looking rather concerned.

"I'm the Arbiter!" She said with the kind of gleeful pride that only a very small child can muster, and proceeded to remind her with an open palmed hand, "And I'm this many years old!"

KonokoHasano wrote:Alto nods as he moves over and looks for his present. Upon finding it, he grabs it and proceeds to open!

He finds it quite impossible to open, as the spinner (which can be described in greater detail in earlier parts of the thread) seals the paper shut. It must be spun before it can be opened!

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:(( This thread makes me laugh! Sadly, I can't post much while at work... ))

Bigmouthstrikes wrote:Rosetta waved back kindly. Sam stood behind her with his own gift.

"How are you, handsome?" She asked brightly. "You used the spiny thing yet?"

Mischa waves back to the two of them. "Not yet..." Glancing down at his present, he notices the spinner. "What's it supposed to do, exactly? Doesn't it make gift-wrapping kind of impractical?" He gives the package a slight shakes, and then flicks the spinner to watch it spin, curious what it's supposed to do.

Rosetta spun her gift, receiving something that read "Nice". Behind her back, Sam got a similar spin, but disappeared as a box landed to take his place. Rosetta, meanwhile, was looking at Mischa's gift.

"It seems to decide if you get a good gift or a bad one." She said to him, "And I'm guessing that the middle one is a gift that could be both."

Miku-chan wrote:[
Moria looks down at the strange new appendage, then twitches it like a cat tail trying to get a feel for the device..."Ye be needin access ta certain servers than? Sure, aye be game. Where in the 'net do ye wanna start?" Moria almost purrs cat like...

Mic leans slightly closer out of the shadows, his red hair slightly longer than normal, and his leather duster seems a bit bulkier. Trying to watch what happens to Julia I while making sure Roman don't do anything...Until he watches him get hit by the coal and change. He bursts out laughing, his voice slightly off..."Hehe...looks like you are nearing Karma first hand"

"I need you to make a hit on someone." he said, "Not kill her, exactly, but get her out of my way. She's usually surrounded by machines and computers, so once you upload yourself into her network it shouldn't be too hard."

meawhile...

Julia smiles as her gift lands on "Nice". A little note pops up and she reads it.

"Score!" She shouted.

Then, she began growing...

Ookalf wrote:
Bigmouthstrikes wrote:The spinner stopped on "Neutral" meaning that her present could be both good and bad depending on how she used it...

Interesting... *Yvette now opens the present!*

There is a plain silver ring in it with a giant 1 carved in it and a note attached.

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot watched her with a smile as he saw the emotional reaction to finding the ticket. "I figured you and Julia would be like sisters, but... I guess you don't really have that much in common, huh?", he asked, glancing over at the schoolgirl by the present pile for a moment. "Well, I don't think they squeezed your new sister into the stocking. I wonder how you redeem it".

She flipped the ticket over. On the back it read.

To redeem: present this token to the would be sister and allow him/her to take it. When she does, specify allowed what kind of sister you'd like her to be. Caution: Effects vary based on imagination. Ticket nontransferable for cash. Once used, ticket is nonrefundable or transferable to another party except in California where refunds are required by law. Some who have sisters have been known to suffer headaches, increased stress levels and in some cases, mild to sever homicidal urges. If these symptoms persist for periods up to and exceeding 20 years, it is perfectly normal

"Huh." She said, taking it in. "I guess I just give it someone, then."
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ookalf » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Bigmouthstrikes wrote:There is a plain silver ring in it with a giant 1 carved in it and a note attached.

*Yvette removes both items from the box and reads the note.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Bigmouthstrikes wrote:Rosetta spun her gift, receiving something that read "Nice". Behind her back, Sam got a similar spin, but disappeared as a box landed to take his place. Rosetta, meanwhile, was looking at Mischa's gift.

"It seems to decide if you get a good gift or a bad one." She said to him, "And I'm guessing that the middle one is a gift that could be both."

Mischa hmmms, and gives his spinner a spin! He glances over at Rosetta's gift. "... Nice?" He grins at her. "Are you sure this present knows what kind of witch you are?" he teases, before glancing about. "Oh... where did Sam go?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Alexis » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:
Bigmouthstrikes wrote:Rosetta spun her gift, receiving something that read "Nice". Behind her back, Sam got a similar spin, but disappeared as a box landed to take his place. Rosetta, meanwhile, was looking at Mischa's gift.

Mischa hmmms, and gives his spinner a spin! He glances over at Rosetta's gift. "... Nice?" He grins at her. "Are you sure this present knows what kind of witch you are?" he teases, before glancing about. "Oh... where did Sam go?"

Its arbitary.. but not arbitrary enough..
"Don't believe in yourself, believe in the Unconquered Sun who believes in you"
Alexis
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Alexis wrote:

Roma giggled

"Of course, silly!" She said, "I'm a chaos demon. I wouldn't be very chaotic if I decided everything out in advance!"

Ookalf wrote:
Bigmouthstrikes wrote:There is a plain silver ring in it with a giant 1 carved in it and a note attached.

*Yvette removes both items from the box and reads the note.*

"One wish ring:

Ring good for exactly one wish per wearer. Once the wish is made, the ring is useless to the wisher, limiting him/her to the use of one wish...unless he/she is clever enough to find a loophole. All valid wishes will cause a "glow" in the ring"

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:

Rosetta stuck her tongue out at him and opened her present.

"Oooh!" She said, lifting a comical looking ray gun, "It's an incarnater. I wonder what that means."

Mischa's own wheel landed on "Neutral" as she began to look for Sam.

"That jerk." She said, "He's probably trying to scare me somehow. Or do something sweet. He does both sometimes."
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Alexis » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:14 pm

Bigmouthstrikes wrote:
Alexis wrote:

Roma giggled

"Of course, silly!" She said, "I'm a chaos demon. I wouldn't be very chaotic if I decided everything out in advance!"

"

You know people make the best presents, especially Mischas!
Last edited by Alexis on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe in yourself, believe in the Unconquered Sun who believes in you"
Alexis
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 pm

Bigmouthstrikes wrote:Rosetta stuck her tongue out at him and opened her present.

"Oooh!" She said, lifting a comical looking ray gun, "It's an incarnater. I wonder what that means."

Mischa's own wheel landed on "Neutral" as she began to look for Sam.

"That jerk." She said, "He's probably trying to scare me somehow. Or do something sweet. He does both sometimes."

"An incarnater? What an odd-sounding thing..." He quirks an eyebrow. "Better be careful with it... it might transform you instead of the target, or something!"

He continues to glance about. "Oh... that must be Sam's present over there," he says, pointing out the box. "Maybe you should hold onto it in case he returns, or something..."

While the two talk, Mischa idly pulls the ribbons and paper off of his present, opening it up to take a look inside!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 pm

"Okay... do you have a nickname? The Arbiter is kind of a mouthful." Jean says with a smile
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 pm

Bigmouthstrikes wrote:"One wish ring:

Ring good for exactly one wish per wearer. Once the wish is made, the ring is useless to the wisher, limiting him/her to the use of one wish...unless he/she is clever enough to find a loophole. All valid wishes will cause a "glow" in the ring"

A wishing ring... *Yvette removes one of her gloves and slips the ring on her finger as she ponders what to do with it.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse