Over the hills and through the woods

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Over the hills and through the woods

Postby Raleigh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:45 pm

((To grandmother's house we go to complete the title.))

*Rei's house has altered itself to be a bit larger and to access more realms to allow participants to arrive. She is in the kitchen preparing something to eat, via magic of course since her cooking is usually sentient and lethal, for some of the first group to arrive for the holidays. Ebony is also in the kitchen though she is actually cooking since she knows how to do it without endangering all life and seems to be making some cookies. Dirge and Litany flitting about helping with people of various ages setting up tables and the like. It would seem she is having a large holiday for her extended family this year including all the orphans and the like that she looks after. Naro and Shara are working with Scarlet's direction to hang a banner inviting everyone outside the entrance. Invitations are sent out to those that are considered related via arrangements or magic to her family to come and participate.*

Hm.. perhaps I should file an ad to invite anyone else to come too in case they have no one to visit. That way they get the whole home for the holidays effect.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Over the hills and through the woods

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:34 pm

*In the order of which they enter:

*Amber steps inside first, actually dressed in something other than her sweater and jeans (in this case, a green blouse, a pair of khakis and dress shoes). In her arms is the seemingly five-year-old Ezekiel, this time in his normal male human form and an olive green T-shirt and pants.*

*Next is Eebon, most of her fur trimmed down to an inch or so. The tip of her tail looks as if it had been chewed on. Like her mother, she's dressed nicely but (unlike her) is foregoing any footwear. She looks about curiously, catching a glimpse of Dirge at one point but not following up on her observations.*

*Right behind her is, surprisingly, Echo. The cat sports a bright red collar, and his fur has been meticulously groomed. He immediately meanders towards the nearest soft cushion, intent on catching a few winks.*

*Ellen follows, a thick book of some kind held in both arms. She's dressed in her standard blue shirt and pink corduroys, but walks about with a slight limp. Like Echo, she immediately looks about for a soft place to sit down, her expression sour.*

*Elk enters last, the ever-hyper catboy hopping about in his excitement. He's dressed normally (for him), but has somehow ended up with Patchouli Knowledge's cap in addition to his Florida Panthers hat.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 pm

*Noticing a new group has walked in, Rei meanders out of the kitchen to say hello. Amber and her children might notice a warm and soothing sensation set in when they walked inside the house. Any damage or wounds they might have begin to heal returning their health to them.* Hey, welcome to the party. Glad you and your kids could make it Amber. Hello kiddies.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:03 am

Kids: (...) Hi, godmama! (Gaw.)

*pleased* Glad to be here, Rei. Thanks for having us. My husband couldn't come along, but he sends his regards.

*Ellen blinks and relaxes a little when she notices that the pain in her foot has gone away. She keeps her sour look, if only to stay in character, and sits down next to Echo.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:13 am

Konoko appears in the area, followed by her own children, while the OOC finally decides to not be lazy to just have one character as usual~

"Hey Rei, how you doing?" Konoko asked, giving a wave. Upon noticing Amber, she waves to her as well. "Hey Amber; it's been a little while, how you doing?" She was dressed in her usual attire for the most part.

Usagi gives a wave as well, though she stays quiet due to being unsure of what really to say. Her hair was tied back in a ponytail and she wore a pink shirt with this design upon it, black pants, and simple dress shoes.

"I was in the middle of working on something." Ritsu grumbles under her breath for a moment, but gives a sigh. "Eh, ah well, I guess I can get back to it later." She was dressed in a simple green shirt and shorts with a white lab coat.

Eiko, upon noticing Ellen, gives a small wave. Her hair was done in a pair of ponytails that draped over her shoulders, and she wore a simple blue dress.

Uzuko just simply zooms in and around Elk's head. Her clothes were made of sweets as usual, but it was a marshmallow dress.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:48 am

Sorry to hear that he couldn't come but I can understand. Make yourselves at home, all of you. Feel free to eat anything that is already set out... that is food anyway. I wouldn't recommend eating the dishes.

*Much like for Amber and her brood a similar sensation and effect spreads to Konoko and hers.* Welcome Konoko and girls. Glad you could all make it. Doing alright myself more or less. How have you been? Sorry if it interrupted anything, Ritsu. I also encourage you all to make yourselves at home and feel free to eat while we are still setting things up.

*To both groups.* Feel free to wonder the house if you wish. I know some of you might be interested in tinkering in the lab or checking out the library and the like.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:53 pm

"Hey Rei, how you doing?" Konoko asked, giving a wave. Upon noticing Amber, she waves to her as well. "Hey Amber; it's been a little while, how you doing?" She was dressed in her usual attire for the most part.

*smiles* Doin' great and feelin' great, Konoko. How about you?

((OOC: Edited to remove the color code.))

"I was in the middle of working on something." Ritsu grumbles under her breath for a moment, but gives a sigh. "Eh, ah well, I guess I can get back to it later." She was dressed in a simple green shirt and shorts with a white lab coat.

*Eebon wanders over to say hello.*

Eebon: Hiya, Ritsu. If I may ask, what was it you were working on? Gaw.

Eiko, upon noticing Ellen, gives a small wave. Her hair was done in a pair of ponytails that draped over her shoulders, and she wore a simple blue dress.

Ellen: *nods in acknowledgment* ...Good day to you, Miss Eiko.

Uzuko just simply zooms in and around Elk's head. Her clothes were made of sweets as usual, but it was a marshmallow dress.

*Elk follows her with his eyes, to the point that his eyes turn into spirals, more or less.*

Sorry to hear that he couldn't come but I can understand. Make yourselves at home, all of you. Feel free to eat anything that is already set out... that is food anyway. I wouldn't recommend eating the dishes.

*sweatdrops* Noted. Thanks. *seeks out some fruit punch*

*To both groups.* Feel free to wonder the house if you wish. I know some of you might be interested in tinkering in the lab or checking out the library and the like.

Ellen: ...I've spent a few days in one library already, but I'll give it some thought, godmama. *disgustedly* ...Stupid Elk, borrowing the librarian's hat...

Echo: *yawns* Likewise.
Last edited by AmbushCat on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:57 pm

AmbushCat wrote:*smiles* Doin' great and feelin' great, Konoko. How about you?

"I'm doing alright myself. Nothing much of interest to really say." She said, giving a small laugh.

AmbushCat wrote:*Eebon wanders over to say hello.*

Eebon: Hiya, Ritsu. If I may ask, what was it you were working on? Gaw.

"Just something I randomly got an idea of. A machine that places a transparent mold field around the person and then injects the mold field with a substance that takes the shape of the pose the mold is in, and then eventually dries and leaves the person in that form like a life-sized plush."

AmbushCat wrote:Ellen: *nods in acknowledgment* ...Good day to you, Miss Eiko.

"How are you, Ellen?" Eiko asked curiously.

AmbushCat wrote:*Elk follows her with his eyes, to the point that his eyes turn into spirals, more or less.*

Giggles and continues flying in circles. "Swirly-eyed, swirly-eyed! Dizzy wizzy izzy!"

Rei-chan wrote:*Much like for Amber and her brood a similar sensation and effect spreads to Konoko and hers.* Welcome Konoko and girls. Glad you could all make it. Doing alright myself more or less. How have you been? Sorry if it interrupted anything, Ritsu. I also encourage you all to make yourselves at home and feel free to eat while we are still setting things up.

Konoko laughs a little. "Well, in my home earth dimension -- since our mansion has a displacement of sorts that allows it to exist both in this realm and our normal one, -- I managed to become the principal of our local pre-school to high school establishment."

Ritsu nods. "Thanks, Rei." Usagi's eyes, meanwhile, light up some at hearing about the food.

Rei-chan wrote:*To both groups.* Feel free to wonder the house if you wish. I know some of you might be interested in tinkering in the lab or checking out the library and the like.

"Lab?" Ritsu asked curiously.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Oh no, please tell me you didn't bother Patchy too much? *To Ellen.* Did he go near the basement while visiting with them?

Nice. I wish you luck with the position then Konoko. Have fun trying to keep the teachers under control. People always complain about the kids being a handful but its nothing compared to keeping a lid on those that teach them sometimes.

Yep, I have a lab here in the house. I think its in the basement or the attic depending on where it moved when I made some adjustments earlier today. The place isn't quite as nice as your mansion even with all the enchantments I have on it but I think you'll find that we have room in here for most anything we might need. I know several of the people who are here love to tinker so I thought I would open it up to everyone. Just be careful of some of the projects at my table. I doubt you want to pick up any odd abilities by shifting through some of my experiments.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:39 pm

"I'm doing alright myself. Nothing much of interest to really say." She said, giving a small laugh.

Yeah, same here. With Ezekiel in kindergarten, the house has become pretty quiet. *sighs, sipping from a cup of fruit punch*

"Just something I randomly got an idea of. A machine that places a transparent mold field around the person and then injects the mold field with a substance that takes the shape of the pose the mold is in, and then eventually dries and leaves the person in that form like a life-sized plush."

Eebon: *grinning* That sounds so cool. I wonder if it would be possible to turn my evil twin into one of those someday. Gaw.

"How are you, Ellen?" Eiko asked curiously.

Ellen: ...Tired, I suppose. *meaningfully turns her head in Elk's direction for a second* ...For the usual reasons.

Giggles and continues flying in circles. "Swirly-eyed, swirly-eyed! Dizzy wizzy izzy!"

Elk: *almost dazedly* Sugar fly, bubblegum high, frizzy fizzy fishy! Whoo-hoo!

Oh no, please tell me you didn't bother Patchy too much? *To Ellen.* Did he go near the basement while visiting with them?

*The catboy recovers from watching Uzuko.*

Elk: *nods, then thinks better of it and shakes his head* It's a sub-dimension of hats.

Ellen: ...Once the guard let us in, everyone was actually pretty polite... for the first day. I spent my time reading books and helping Miss Patchouli, getting some help from her. ... ...The second day, Elk actually managed to get inside the basement. The period from then until dinnertime was pure chaos for everyone except that Flandre girl.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:20 pm

I suppose she mostly had fun at that point then? While I'm happy to hear that it sounds like Elk played with her since we all know how much she could use a friend its somewhat scary since unlike some others he won't come back together again after having his 'eye' crushed. Also, now I suppose I know what book to send Patchy for Christmas.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Rei-chan wrote:Nice. I wish you luck with the position then Konoko. Have fun trying to keep the teachers under control. People always complain about the kids being a handful but its nothing compared to keeping a lid on those that teach them sometimes.

"Yeah, it'll definitely be a job, but I figured it'd be best to have something to spend time doing instead of just not doing anything."

Rei-chan wrote:Yep, I have a lab here in the house. I think its in the basement or the attic depending on where it moved when I made some adjustments earlier today. The place isn't quite as nice as your mansion even with all the enchantments I have on it but I think you'll find that we have room in here for most anything we might need. I know several of the people who are here love to tinker so I thought I would open it up to everyone. Just be careful of some of the projects at my table. I doubt you want to pick up any odd abilities by shifting through some of my experiments.

"I'll take care to not touch any of those." of course, can't say she wasn't curious about it.

AmbushCat wrote:Eebon: *grinning* That sounds so cool. I wonder if it would be possible to turn my evil twin into one of those someday. Gaw.

Ritsu just blinks for a moment. "... evil twin?"

AmbushCat wrote:Yeah, same here. With Ezekiel in kindergarten, the house has become pretty quiet. *sighs, sipping from a cup of fruit punch*

"I'm not sure if I could handle quiet. I'm so used to noise, considering that the estate is full of it the majority of the time." Konoko answered, getting some fruit punch herself.

AmbushCat wrote:Ellen: ...Tired, I suppose. *meaningfully turns her head in Elk's direction for a second* ...For the usual reasons.

"Oh... I can understand that. Family can be a bit tiring to deal with sometimes."

AmbushCat wrote:Elk: *almost dazedly* Sugar fly, bubblegum high, frizzy fizzy fishy! Whoo-hoo!

Uzuko lands and sits on Elk's head, still just a few inches tall.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Alright, the lab is just downstairs behind the clearly marked door. My table is the largest toward the back so you know which one to worry about.

So Konoko, what do you think of the people you are overseeing so far? Had a chance to talk to any of them personally or just finished up going over their files and the like?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:32 pm

I suppose she mostly had fun at that point then? While I'm happy to hear that it sounds like Elk played with her since we all know how much she could use a friend its somewhat scary since unlike some others he won't come back together again after having his 'eye' crushed. Also, now I suppose I know what book to send Patchy for Christmas.

Ellen: *raises an eyebrow* ...With how wonky he is, I'm starting to think that the concept of "death" has no root in his being. ...But yes. As long as he was simply annoying Miss Patchouli's assistant and the maid, he was manageable. After he found Flandre and started playing "duck duck goose" with her sister, things sort of went downhill.
...If I may ask, what book are you talking about?

Ritsu just blinks for a moment. "... evil twin?"

Eebon: *nod-nods* Yeah. He was created on accident at that Bones guy's place. He's basically a male me without any morals or self-restraint. Gaw.

"I'm not sure if I could handle quiet. I'm so used to noise, considering that the estate is full of it the majority of the time." Konoko answered, getting some fruit punch herself.

Ah, families. They can bring so much joy to a person's life... *glances at Elk briefly, sweatdropping* ...and yet, so much irritation, too.

"Oh... I can understand that. Family can be a bit tiring to deal with sometimes."

Ellen: *nods* ...The sooner winter break comes, the better.

Uzuko lands and sits on Elk's head, still just a few inches tall.

Elk: Hold on to the hats; I'm going for a spin, spin, spin! *starts running around in circles*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:56 pm

A book about how to use some magic to boost your body so it can handle dealing with kids. I know she is somewhat sickly for a yokai magician so it just might help her should this situation pop up again.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to the Muffinverse