Reincarnate Yourself Today!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Reincarnate Yourself Today!

Postby Nosnits » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:33 am

Nos did not like when things suddenly appeared. But, at the very least, it was convenient. Much better to have chairs appear when you needed them, then have them clutter up space. He sat, resting his arm on the table near the teacup, ready to pick it up when it was filled. His left hand rested on his legs, fingers slowly drumming it as he sat.

Nos listened to Yama's little speech, and his simple question. "No milk or sugar, please." He said, thinking on what the person opposite had said before. "Forgetting and atoning are two very different things.." Nos mused out loud, before bringing it back into focus. "And only sometimes for a fee? You must do good business, if you're sometimes able to waive it." Nos sat, waiting for his tea and a response. It didn't matter to him which comes first.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Blaze » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:10 pm

Yama pours Nos's tea with the ease and grace of someone with a lot of practice at it, nodding at what he says.

"Correct. Next time they move on, the things they did will be taken into account, even if they had forgotten. Some people just do not have the wherewithal to put in the hard work to atone I suppose. Also, I do not do this for the money. Most of what I make goes to making new temples for me to spread my work further and further. I do this because I feel that giving people only one chance to lead a good life is wrong. Life is hard, cruel and unfair, most people need more than one shot. So those who I feel really deserve another shot I do for free. Those who just want to try something new or something similar I charge.

He takes a sip of tea at the end of his little speech and smiles.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby ashuros » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:53 pm

With little more announcement then Reincarnationery’s front door opening and closing, Ashuros entered the shop.

The smartly dressed man had a look of curiosity and confusion. He had entered in the first place to browse the shop’s ware but couldn’t really identify any.
ashuros
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:12 am

ashuros wrote:With little more announcement then Reincarnationery’s front door opening and closing, Ashuros entered the shop.

The smartly dressed man had a look of curiosity and confusion. He had entered in the first place to browse the shop’s ware but couldn’t really identify any.

Ashuros can spot Yama sitting at a table with Nos, the former looking over and smiling, waving the man over.

"Hello and welcome to the Reincarnatory sir. Would you like some tea? please, take a seat."

Indeed, the table they're sitting at seems to have gained a third chair and teacup.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby ashuros » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm

On hearing Yama, Ashuros quickly turned around.

"oh thank you"

After taking his seat Ashuros wasted little time and question the young store owner.

"You couldn't tell me what store this is, I've been curios since seeing the sign outside."

He said before taking a sip of his tea.
ashuros
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:07 am

"I certainly could sir, I am the proprietor. This is the Reincarnatory, where I sell new opportunities, new lives, the chance to atone or forget... are you tired of the current you? Do you want to become something or someone else? I can offer you the chance, for a price." Yama says with a smile as he sips his own tea.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby ashuros » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:48 pm

“Huh”

Ashuros looked dumbfounded, after a brief pause his posture and expression changed. He seemed far more alert and aware of his surroundings the silver haired man no longer spoke with the same lackadaisical tone it was as if Yama was speaking to someone else.

“This is an interesting if some what convenient coincidence. I came back to this city for another chance at helping people.”

After a moment the smartly dressed man reached into his coat and took out a black mask and placed it on the table. The unusual mask was decorated with vertical plates of some kind of teal coloured metal. While the light of the store shone brightly off the metal, it seemed to almost be sucked in deeply by the otherworldly black fabric. Ashuros paused again to sip his tea.
ashuros
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blaze » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:05 am

Yama raises an eyebrow, noting the complete about-face in Ashuros's behaviour and mannerisms. He examines the mask on the table critically.

"What is this, if I may ask?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby ashuros » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:46 pm

A sly smile same over Ashuros’s face it was no mystery that he was proud of that of the mask before them.

“That mask has a very special enchantment, if you were to put it on and go out as you are not even your own family could recognize you. In fact if I were to turn my back on you while you were putting it on its possible that neither would I.”

After he was done showing off Ashuros stock out his hand. After a brief moment, light collected into his hand forming into a small dagger which he calmly rested next to the mask.

“I stumbled upon the mask back home and when I was first here it was an essential tool. You see I tried my hand at being a vigilante, I can summon weapons from other worlds and where I come that’s fairly impressive so when I ended up here I tried to fight crime and help people.”

Any joy in his tone slowly faded and was replaced with embarrassment, It was fairly clear his 'heroic career' wasn't something he was too as proud of.
ashuros
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:56 am

Yama takes i the tale with interest, chuckling at the man's evident embarrassment.

"I see. You wear the mask so you remain anonymous and so those you defend and defeat cannot identify you. No need for a heroic alter ego. Very clever. But you seem unhappy. Why so?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby ashuros » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 pm

“In all the time I’ve spent here, my greatest accomplishment was convincing a bizarre industrialist to stop dumping color contaminated waste water into a river. Worse still that was my only accomplishment.”

Any joy in his tone slowly faded as he continued it. Unlike before it seemed more like he was expressing remorse then actively deceiving Yama.

“I think I was unprepared for this city. Most of the time what I thought was a crime ended up being perfectly harmless, other times I would show up and be misled and rendered harmless myself. Ultimately when people started getting super powers from some magical snack food I decided to return home for a time when I was summoned.”
ashuros
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:46 pm

Yama gives a tiny smile.

"That is still quite an accomplishment. Industrial crimes have much more far-reaching effects than a mugging."

He tops up his teacup and takes a sip.

"Summoned? By whom?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby ashuros » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Ashuros seemed pleasantly surprised as if Yama’s response was the most positive reply he had received to his past misadventures.

“My father is a more traditional summoner and that school of magic in my world has a vast number of applications compared to other worlds. Still going home was a good experience, it let me go over my mistakes and remember why I tried to be vigilante in the first place.”
ashuros
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:42 am

"Ahh, I see. So you remembered your resolve and returned." Yama says with a nod.

"Go on."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:50 pm

The door gently opens, and in comes a creature small enough that one may well wonder how it managed to open the door at all. It is an Eevee, with a strange white-and-gray coloration to its fur and a scar running across its left eye. It looks around cautiously, as if it expected to be attacked. Something about its manner makes it clear this is more of a reflexive nervousness than aggression or particular suspicion of anyone in the room.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse