Genuine Haunted House

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Genuine Haunted House

Postby Anonymouse » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:31 pm

The pair of eyes regard the barrel with amusement for a few moments... before. "Eheh... heheh... hehehahahahahaha..." Laughs the scraggly voice... "Be my... guest..." It says, as the viewing slot snaps shut with the strength of steel jaws... the door creeaking open slowly to reveal a rectangle of pure darkness within.

The Shadow pauses...lowering the gun slightly.
Unsettling, perhaps.
But he was no stranger to the darkness. In he goes!
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:39 pm

"We have it on the run! Stay close!" Says Dact, as he follows the shadow down the hall!
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Lola » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Blaze wrote:Ryan examines the door and the imprint, looking from her own hand to it.

"Won't hurt to try I suppose..."

Her journalistic curiosity still strong despite the change, she places her hand in the imprint!

Placing her hand on the wall... it glows purple! Slowly beginning to slide aside to reveal a rippling wall of energy... it looks like some kind of portal... she feels oddly drawn to it!

Ookalf wrote:Ah! L-let go! *Yvette starts pulling at the necklace, trying to get it off!*

The necklace is unyielding! And soon wears itself on her... glowing brightly as she begins feeling... tingly!

Anonymouse wrote:The Shadow pauses...lowering the gun slightly.
Unsettling, perhaps.
But he was no stranger to the darkness. In he goes!

The door slams shut behind him. In the total, black velvet darkness... he feels it swirl around him... dragging him downwards. The red eyes gaze at him with amusement. "I hope you enjoy your visit... hehehahahahaa!"
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." -Lord Vetinari
Lola
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:57 pm

"We're chasing it?", asked Elliot in a tone of disbelief as she hurried along after Dact, down the hall, after the shadow. She could feel her knees shaking again, and it felt like the ground was unsteady beneath her feet.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Ryan yelps and staggers back as the door reveals a portal! Feeling the curious urge, and despite all her reason telling her to run, she steps through, the camera following!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Lola wrote:The necklace is unyielding! And soon wears itself on her... glowing brightly as she begins feeling... tingly!

Ah...! *Yvette continues pull at the necklace, however futile her efforts may be!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Feng » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Bones floats in his cage glaring at Tim.

"Do you think its wise to cross a criminal mastermind, sir?" he asks, eyes full of malice. "Like you, I too have friends in low places"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Anonymouse » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:48 pm

The Shadow tugs at his leg, a small frown forming under his crimson scarf...before he digs into his cloak, pulling out a small sphere.

"I plan to."

His voice connotes no sense of urgency, despite his quick movements as he covers his eyes, clicking the side of the ball--a blinding light filling the room for a brief moment!

"--Just hope you don't mind if I shed a little light on the situation."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:13 pm

"Of course we are chasing it! Don't worry, I can handle whatever this thing is!" He says confidently... opening the attic door!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Lola » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Harri-chan wrote:"We're chasing it?", asked Elliot in a tone of disbelief as she hurried along after Dact, down the hall, after the shadow. She could feel her knees shaking again, and it felt like the ground was unsteady beneath her feet.

Knight Errant wrote:"Of course we are chasing it! Don't worry, I can handle whatever this thing is!" He says confidently... opening the attic door!

The door is opened! Revealing the staircase above... they both can hear rustling up ahead... and faint creaks.

Blaze wrote:Ryan yelps and staggers back as the door reveals a portal! Feeling the curious urge, and despite all her reason telling her to run, she steps through, the camera following!

She steps through! Her vision blurs for a moment... then things focus! She is standing just beyond a large pair of gates! They are black metal... carved with all sorts of images it would be best not to observe too close. In front of her is what looks like a large palace carved into a spire of shiny black rock... obsidian, even. Which would make sense, considering it seems to be in the middle of a caldera.

Ookalf wrote:Ah...! *Yvette continues pull at the necklace, however futile her efforts may be!

It seems... pretty futile! Especially as it fuses with her skin... turning into a pattern of black lines ringing her neck. Her clothes begin changing... turning dark purple and red as fishnets appear on her legs...

Anonymouse wrote:The Shadow tugs at his leg, a small frown forming under his crimson scarf...before he digs into his cloak, pulling out a small sphere.

"I plan to."

His voice connotes no sense of urgency, despite his quick movements as he covers his eyes, clicking the side of the ball--a blinding light filling the room for a brief moment!

"--Just hope you don't mind if I shed a little light on the situation."

At the brief flash of light, he feels something letting go... then when next he opens his eyes, he is alone in an empty shed with a dirt floor.
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." -Lord Vetinari
Lola
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Ryan gazes at the castle beyond the gates in awe.

"Mysterious undiscovered castle?... I smell a scoop!"

Momentarily forgetting what had happened to her, she approaches the gates and tries to open them!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Lola wrote:It seems... pretty futile! Especially as it fuses with her skin... turning into a pattern of black lines ringing her neck. Her clothes begin changing... turning dark purple and red as fishnets appear on her legs...

This cannot be good... *Realizing the necklace is a lost cause, Yvette looks back to the box she found it in and checks for any significant markings. ...Maybe should've thought of that sooner, huh?*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Anonymouse » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:57 pm

The shadow pauses...and lets the orb fall from his hand, spent., glancing around the shack. How is it? Shack-y?
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:20 am

Elliot sucked in a deep breath as the door swung open, and then followed Dact through it. She groaned as the sounds drifted down the staircase to them, and had to use her hands to help climb up them, "This isn't a good idea, Dact... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:10 pm

"Oh come on, Elliot. What would you have us do. Run away? Nosir!" He says, getting to the top of the stair!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse