Genuine Haunted House

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Genuine Haunted House

Postby Feng » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:36 pm

"Lead the way Igor" says Bones, clutching his cane tightly.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Lola » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot was treading very lightly, testing out each wooden step before letting it take his full weight. With one glance back down into the main hall, he moved towards that single door. Reaching out, he curled his fingers around the handle and turned it, very slowly easing the door open, his heart already starting to race inside his chest before he'd even seen what was inside!

Opening the door would send a blast of cool air through his hair... along with a whispering moan on the breeze. "Turn baaaack~" It seems to say... Meanwhile the door's opening reveals a long, dark hallway... flanked by doors on each side! There seems to be three on each side, with a small lone door at the end of the hallway.

Ookalf wrote:*Yvette takes a moment to judge each of these options, then decides to investigate the graveyard.*

She travels to the graveyard! The mist is even thicker here... and swirls into eerie shapes. There are geavestones, a shack, and what looks like the entrance to a set of catacombs.

Blaze wrote:Ryan Drosen

The tombstone Ryan bends down next to is mossy and ancient, the inscription on it hard to read. But if he glances at it, it seems to read 'Ryan Drosen'. o___o There is an eerie cackle as the mist swirls around them for a moment... They would see the same sights Yvette is treated to, otherwise.

Feng wrote:"Lead the way Igor" says Bones, clutching his cane tightly.

The man blinks. "How ever did you know that was my name, sir? But no matter. Follow me." he lumbers off into the grand entry room, over to the door ahead and to the right of the central staircase, opening it up.
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." -Lord Vetinari
Lola
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Elliot froze as the unexpected breeze caused his long, loose blonde hair to flutter over his shoulders briefly. His chest tightened as he thought he heard a whisper in the air. He turned slightly, glancing back towards the staircase... but something made him continue. Drawing a deep breath, he moved through the doorway, into the long, dark hallway. Holding his hand out slightly, he brushed his fingers near to the handles of those doors on each side... but didn't stop til he came to the end, and instead went to open that one...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:18 pm

""Why, it was embroidered in your suit pocket my good man" says the gentleman, following the hunchback.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Lola wrote:She travels to the graveyard! The mist is even thicker here... and swirls into eerie shapes. There are gravestones, a shack, and what looks like the entrance to a set of catacombs.

Hm... *Yvette goes over to the shacka nd knocks on the door.* Is anyone in there?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Lola » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot froze as the unexpected breeze caused his long, loose blonde hair to flutter over his shoulders briefly. His chest tightened as he thought he heard a whisper in the air. He turned slightly, glancing back towards the staircase... but something made him continue. Drawing a deep breath, he moved through the doorway, into the long, dark hallway. Holding his hand out slightly, he brushed his fingers near to the handles of those doors on each side... but didn't stop til he came to the end, and instead went to open that one...

The trek down the hallway was long and suspenseful. The boards creaking under his feet as the flickering light of the oil lanterns on the wall cast shifting shadows on the walls and floor. Finally after what seems like ages he gets to the end... grabbing onto the doorknob of the last door... turning it... and then opening it to a steep dark staircase... leading upwards into what must be the attic.

Feng wrote:""Why, it was embroidered in your suit pocket my good man" says the gentleman, following the hunchback.

The Igor chuckles, soon leading Feng down another hallway, stopping beside a large tapestry and pulling it aside. Revealing a large black door made of ancient oak. "Master values his privacy, sir..." He says, opening the ominous portal with a loud creak....

Ookalf wrote:Hm... *Yvette goes over to the shacka nd knocks on the door.* Is anyone in there?

There is a rustling behind the door for a few moments... then a viewing latch slides aside to reveal... darkness. "Whatcha want?" Comes a gruff voice from the darkness.
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." -Lord Vetinari
Lola
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Lola wrote:There is a rustling behind the door for a few moments... then a viewing latch slides aside to reveal... darkness. "Whatcha want?" Comes a gruff voice from the darkness.

*Yvette gives a looming darkness a curt bow.* I was hopign you might be able to tell me something of this residence.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Elliot opened this small door very slowly, letting out a sigh when he saw another staircase. Leaning in, he turned his head to peer up into the darkness. "I must be mad... ", he muttered, stepping through, and carefully climbing the steep stairs, using his hands to help him up them as he headed towards the next floor...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:51 pm

"Understood," says the gentleman taking a step inside. "As a busy man myself, I can sympathize with your master."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Ryan does not have time to be reading individual gravestones! Peering through the dense mist, he gives his camera the signal to turn on it's light and spots the entrance to the catacombs.

"THat looks to be a good place to get the next part of this stupid story..."

He enters the catacombs, the camera following!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Lola » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Ookalf wrote:*Yvette gives a looming darkness a curt bow.* I was hopign you might be able to tell me something of this residence.

There is a pause. Then, "I just tend the graves, young thing. I dont ask questions."

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot opened this small door very slowly, letting out a sigh when he saw another staircase. Leaning in, he turned his head to peer up into the darkness. "I must be mad... ", he muttered, stepping through, and carefully climbing the steep stairs, using his hands to help him up them as he headed towards the next floor...

And so he climbs! Up into the darkness... its a few minutes, then finally he comes to the top. Its dark, dusty... the only light coming from a small, high window on the wall. It illuminates many large trunks, wardrobes, and boxes. As well as piles and piles of strange furniture, artifacts, and forgotten items.

Feng wrote:"Understood," says the gentleman taking a step inside. "As a busy man myself, I can sympathize with your master."

Igor nods... leading the man through a twisty corridor... seemingly hollowed out between the walls. But quite a few of the hallways went downwards, as it got a bit chillier. Finally, Igor stops outside of a large wooden door. "Master is inside, sir..."

Blaze wrote:Ryan does not have time to be reading individual gravestones! Peering through the dense mist, he gives his camera the signal to turn on it's light and spots the entrance to the catacombs.

"THat looks to be a good place to get the next part of this stupid story..."

He enters the catacombs, the camera following!

And lo, he enters the catacombs! Stellar idea! The steps are steep, the walls cracked and mossy stone. The air is thick, as if the mist from the surface were a layer of water they were penetrating... and trying now to breathe. Oh and its also quite dark!
Lola
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Lola wrote:There is a pause. Then, "I just tend the graves, young thing. I dont ask questions."

I see... There is nothing you can tell me, then?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Elliot almost considered going back down a few times as the stairs seemed to go on so far. He crawled over the top, coughing as some dust tickled the back of his throat, and peered up at the small window before climbing to his feet and brushing off his jeans. Turning to look over the storage, he smiled to himself, "I bet there's valuables up here... ".

Heading over to one trunk, he crouched down, his fingers roaming over it to find the latch, and then tried to open it up..
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Luckily, Ryan had his camera turn it's light on, so the darkness doesn't bother him much! The mist and damp certainly does though.

"This suit is gonna be ruined by the end of this day, I just know it... Good thing the camera is waterproof though."

He ventures deeper, taking care of where he puts his foot.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:15 pm

The man nods before stepping through the wooden doors...

"Are you the master of the house?" he inquires aloud as he steps through. "Your protection fees are overdue. Please pay up now or have your legs broke!" :mrgreen:
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse