Genuine Haunted House

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Genuine Haunted House

Postby Harri-chan » Mon May 07, 2012 3:56 am

Elliot felt herself comforted slightly by the strong arm that wrapped around her, but even with that, it was impossible to escape the fear while they stood in this room, with the creaks and rustling. "I can't see much at all... it's pretty dark... ", she whispered, and then pointed over to the open box. "That's the one I opened... and a dress came out and forced itself onto me... this dress", she explained, looking down.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Mon May 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Lola wrote:Yvette finds that whatever she is caught up in dosent seem to be done with her yet... as the mask glows, as a circle of black flame appears around her! Below, the dust on the stone floor is blown away, as lines of deep red begin weaving their way around the stones under her feet...

Ha? *Yvette understandably seems a little surprised as the floor bursts into flames before her!* Oh, what is this now...?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Anonymouse » Fri May 11, 2012 11:11 am

He whirls and slips! Just as the door slams shut behind him... almost catching him in the process. And did he hear a sinister chuckle behind him? Regardless... he escapes the shed relatively unscathed! But for some dirt on his shoes.

Tapping a shoe lightly on the ground, the Shadow moves swiftly and silently--looking to see if there's a backdoor to this place--or a side door at the very least.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun May 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Dact nods... carefully moving to the chest and shining his lamp into the contense!
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Lola » Sun May 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Blaze wrote:Ryan watches the gigantic claw warily. Looking around, she decides that, while creepy, the place seemed safe. Stepping inside, he heels clopping on the floor.

"Thank you... been a real crazy day." she mutters.

The demon half shrugs, smiling a bit... its fangs glittering. Before it vanishes in a pillar of flame... presumably to go talk to his 'mistress.' Leaving Ryan alone in the large hall.

Ookalf wrote:Ha? *Yvette understandably seems a little surprised as the floor bursts into flames before her!* Oh, what is this now...?

The circle finishes drawing itself, as a chalked outline of a red eye in the middle of it suddenly opens... the red pupil looking open up at her... then suddenly the whole floor swirls into black and red energy... forming a vortex and pulling her into it!

Anonymouse wrote:Tapping a shoe lightly on the ground, the Shadow moves swiftly and silently--looking to see if there's a backdoor to this place--or a side door at the very least.

Said shadow finds a backyard porch... with a door set in it! Imagine the chances...

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot felt herself comforted slightly by the strong arm that wrapped around her, but even with that, it was impossible to escape the fear while they stood in this room, with the creaks and rustling. "I can't see much at all... it's pretty dark... ", she whispered, and then pointed over to the open box. "That's the one I opened... and a dress came out and forced itself onto me... this dress", she explained, looking down.
Knight Errant wrote:Dact nods... carefully moving to the chest and shining his lamp into the contense!

Just then... two things happen. One, something rustles in the chest Dact is poking into... just as something in the back corner of the attic begins charging towards the pair!
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." -Lord Vetinari
Lola
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun May 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Ryan looks around and takes a seat at the grand table, the camera recording everything!

"Maybe I can get some answers here..."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Sun May 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Skittering up to the porch...the Shadow pauses, studying to see any sign of someone on the other side--light, noise, etc...but barring that, he tries the knob.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun May 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Lola wrote:The circle finishes drawing itself, as a chalked outline of a red eye in the middle of it suddenly opens... the red pupil looking open up at her... then suddenly the whole floor swirls into black and red energy... forming a vortex and pulling her into it!

Oh no... *Yvette tries to jump away from the vortex!*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Tue May 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Elliot didn't really want to go anywhere near the chest, but what she feared even more was being left alone, so she kept clinging onto Dact, shuffling along at his side as he went to inspect the open box that her dress had come out of. She let out a sudden yelp as a rustling came from the box, followed by a very high-pitched scream as something charged them in the darkness.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:40 am

Dact reacts quickly... slamming the top of the chest as he turns to face the darkness! Shining his light forth! And... wincing a bit at the girly scream from Elliot. >_>
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:08 pm

The ghost of Bones glares at the man....

.... before reluctantly floating over to the body!
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Lola » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Blaze wrote:Ryan looks around and takes a seat at the grand table, the camera recording everything!

"Maybe I can get some answers here..."

Minutes pass... stretching almost agonizingly long in the slightly warm and dark chamber. But she dosent feel uncomfortable... Finally the large doors on the other side of the room open slowly, the butler demon from before walking in, straightening up. "Announcing, Demon Queen Lola!" He says, as in walks the Green avatar herself! Looking rather... amused.

Anonymouse wrote:Skittering up to the porch...the Shadow pauses, studying to see any sign of someone on the other side--light, noise, etc...but barring that, he tries the knob.

The skittering shadow sees nothing! And tries the knob! It turns begrudgingly... stiff from rust and disuse. It opens to a small hallway... to the right, a worn and peeling sign proclaims 'pantry' beside another door. To the left, is an open doorway that leads into the darkness of the kitchen...

Ookalf wrote:Oh no... *Yvette tries to jump away from the vortex!*

Yvette is unfortunately, trapped! And is sucked into the vortex's swirling energy... Finally being deposited on her rear in what looks like... a scene out of ancient Japan. She is sitting on a cobblestone road flanked by cherry trees in bloom... up ahead is a river, spanned by a bridge. It is night, and the path is lit by ornamental paper lanterns on long wooden poles.

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot didn't really want to go anywhere near the chest, but what she feared even more was being left alone, so she kept clinging onto Dact, shuffling along at his side as he went to inspect the open box that her dress had come out of. She let out a sudden yelp as a rustling came from the box, followed by a very high-pitched scream as something charged them in the darkness.
Knight Errant wrote:Dact reacts quickly... slamming the top of the chest as he turns to face the darkness! Shining his light forth! And... wincing a bit at the girly scream from Elliot. >_>

Out of the darkness, what looks like a clawed shadow lunges for Dact! Slashing towards him with long black claws... while behind him, the closed chest shakes slightly... something within rustling... Elliot suddenly has the strange urge to... open the chest.

Feng wrote:The ghost of Bones glares at the man....

.... before reluctantly floating over to the body!

The ghost of Bones settles into... her new body! She feels full of pins and needles... before she takes a gasping breath and feels her heart start beating! Tim cackles, rubbing his hands together. "Its... ALIIIIVE!!!"
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." -Lord Vetinari
Lola
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Lola wrote:Yvette is unfortunately, trapped! And is sucked into the vortex's swirling energy... Finally being deposited on her rear in what looks like... a scene out of ancient Japan. She is sitting on a cobblestone road flanked by cherry trees in bloom... up ahead is a river, spanned by a bridge. It is night, and the path is lit by ornamental paper lanterns on long wooden poles.

...Well, this is a fine mess I've gotten myself in... *Yvette stands up and, after getting her bearings, heads for the bridge.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Ryan was fidding with a strand of her hair when Lola entered! She quickly stands as she does. One thing she had learned in journalism was that it was polite to stand for a queen, and just good survival sense to be polite to a demon.

"G-Greetings Your Majesty."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:49 am

The shadow pauses for a moment...but no stone shall be left unturned--and no pantry left unexplored!
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse