Genuine Haunted House

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Genuine Haunted House

Postby Lola » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Blaze wrote:Ryan gazes at the castle beyond the gates in awe.

"Mysterious undiscovered castle?... I smell a scoop!"

Momentarily forgetting what had happened to her, she approaches the gates and tries to open them!

The gates are unopenable... but there is a rather evil looking knocker made of black metal. Or she could try to... fly over the wall?

Ookalf wrote:This cannot be good... *Realizing the necklace is a lost cause, Yvette looks back to the box she found it in and checks for any significant markings. ...Maybe should've thought of that sooner, huh?*

The box... the box she finds is glowing... fusing together into one piece of wood, as it twists and changes shape... beginning to look like... a mask? Meanwhile, her clothes are almost fully transformed, her hair turning dark purple as her eyes grow big and brown...

Anonymouse wrote:The shadow pauses...and lets the orb fall from his hand, spent., glancing around the shack. How is it? Shack-y?

Its completely empty! Just four wood and metal walls, and a dirt floor. The only slightly odd thing is that his legs are submerged up to the ankle in the dirt, which has a circular depression around him.

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot sucked in a deep breath as the door swung open, and then followed Dact through it. She groaned as the sounds drifted down the staircase to them, and had to use her hands to help climb up them, "This isn't a good idea, Dact... ".

Knight Errant wrote:"Oh come on, Elliot. What would you have us do. Run away? Nosir!" He says, getting to the top of the stair!

And soon the pair are in the attic! Elliot would notice it is a lot more messy than she remembers... quite a few boxes turned over, their contense spilling on the floor. The dust has been whipped around... curling in odd shapes on the floor. Something for certain had been thrashing around.
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." -Lord Vetinari
Lola
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Lola wrote:The box... the box she finds is glowing... fusing together into one piece of wood, as it twists and changes shape... beginning to look like... a mask? Meanwhile, her clothes are almost fully transformed, her hair turning dark purple as her eyes grow big and brown...

Hrm... *Yvette frowns and picks the mask up to look at it more closely, figuring it can't make things any worse.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Ryan struggles to open the gates for a bit before noticing the door knocker! Still not used to having wings, she doesn't think to try flying and uses it to knock loudly!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 am

Climbing into the attic, Elliot blushed, recalling the transformation that had occurred after opening the box. Seeing. Orr boxes now open, a shiver ran down her spine as she imagined transforming spirits loose in the room, invisible to their eyes, but just waiting to pounce.

She glanced down at her dress, then back up at Dact. "Do you know anything about this house, Dact? I... I think I saw a girl that looks like... well, me, on some of the paintings in the halls...".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:29 am

Its completely empty! Just four wood and metal walls, and a dirt floor. The only slightly odd thing is that his legs are submerged up to the ankle in the dirt, which has a circular depression around him.

The Shadow pauses at this...and gingerly tries to pull out, one foot at a time.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Feng » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:17 pm

*Floats*
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Lola » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Ookalf wrote:Hrm... *Yvette frowns and picks the mask up to look at it more closely, figuring it can't make things any worse.*

As she picks up the mask, she feels a surge of warmth coming from it... The ghastly wooden grin looking up at her with a sense of amusement, its demonic horns soon protruding, leaving it looking quite like a Oni mask... and leaving Yvette looking quite different.

Feng wrote:Bones floats in his cage glaring at Tim.

"Do you think its wise to cross a criminal mastermind, sir?" he asks, eyes full of malice. "Like you, I too have friends in low places"

Tim just smirks. "Save your wheedling for another time. Now... are you going to get in there or do I have to drag you in."

Blaze wrote:Ryan struggles to open the gates for a bit before noticing the door knocker! Still not used to having wings, she doesn't think to try flying and uses it to knock loudly!

Ryan knocks the black metal demon's head against the knocker! It makes loud booming noises... filling the air with its sound. After what seems like moments, the sound of a large bar being drawn aside comes from behind the bleak gate... as it slowly opens... to reveal a large entry hall! Grand in a somewhat bleak way... the stones of the castle wall are black, and shiny... as if obsidian. On the balconies and pillars hang blood red banners, with strange and unfamiliar designs on them.

Oh and in front of her is a very large demon... with a goatish face, hooves, batwings, large curling horns, razor sharp fangs and claws... and... a rather extremely well tailored suit.

Harri-chan wrote:Climbing into the attic, Elliot blushed, recalling the transformation that had occurred after opening the box. Seeing. Orr boxes now open, a shiver ran down her spine as she imagined transforming spirits loose in the room, invisible to their eyes, but just waiting to pounce.

She glanced down at her dress, then back up at Dact. "Do you know anything about this house, Dact? I... I think I saw a girl that looks like... well, me, on some of the paintings in the halls...".

The attic continues its gloomy and dark trend... Now quiet... but Elliot could almost swear she could feel something watching them... and the sound of steady breathing... just out of hearing...

Anonymouse wrote:The Shadow pauses at this...and gingerly tries to pull out, one foot at a time.

The shadow finds that, with some effort, its feet are freed! Also, the feeling of dread that pervaded the shed slowly begins to return... as it slowly grows darker... as if being filled slowly with a mist of black ink.
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." -Lord Vetinari
Lola
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Lola wrote:As she picks up the mask, she feels a surge of warmth coming from it... The ghastly wooden grin looking up at her with a sense of amusement, its demonic horns soon protruding, leaving it looking quite like a Oni mask... and leaving Yvette looking quite different.

Ugly little thing, aren't you...? *Yvette looks around briefly and, deciding there's no use sticking around here, heads further into the basement...*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Ryan grins with excitement and enters the opening gates! Her grin starts to fade as she sees the monstrous demon before her and she starts to back away.

"Uhm... sorry to intrude sir..." she mutters, ready to make a break for it.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Dact shakes his head to Elliot. "No... I don't know anything about it. But that sounds like a clue! Perhaps your under some kind of possession... We need to get to the bottom of this!"
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:10 am

Elliot let out a tiny whimper, and pressed herself against Dact as she felt that odd sensation of being watched. She simply couldn't comprehend that Dact wanted to explore instead of run. "I d-don't feel p-possessed...", she whispered. "D-Dact... I think there's something in here with us...".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Tue May 01, 2012 5:04 pm

"...Persistant thing. I'll be back to finish this--"

He whirls, and slips out the door, or tries, at least!

"--when I'm done with the house!"
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun May 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Dact puts an arm around Elliot. "Don't worry... I got this. Just keep an eye out... if you see something I don't, let me know."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Lola » Mon May 07, 2012 12:33 am

Ookalf wrote:Ugly little thing, aren't you...? *Yvette looks around briefly and, deciding there's no use sticking around here, heads further into the basement...*

Yvette finds that whatever she is caught up in dosent seem to be done with her yet... as the mask glows, as a circle of black flame appears around her! Below, the dust on the stone floor is blown away, as lines of deep red begin weaving their way around the stones under her feet...

Blaze wrote:Ryan grins with excitement and enters the opening gates! Her grin starts to fade as she sees the monstrous demon before her and she starts to back away.

"Uhm... sorry to intrude sir..." she mutters, ready to make a break for it.

The well dressed demon adjusts its tie, looking down at the demoness. "Not at all." It says in rather good English, with a bit of British accent. "I shall inform the Mistress she has a guest. Feel free to come in..." He says, waving graciously with a claw that looks like it could disembowel an elephant in one swipe.

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot let out a tiny whimper, and pressed herself against Dact as she felt that odd sensation of being watched. She simply couldn't comprehend that Dact wanted to explore instead of run. "I d-don't feel p-possessed...", she whispered. "D-Dact... I think there's something in here with us...".
Knight Errant wrote:Dact puts an arm around Elliot. "Don't worry... I got this. Just keep an eye out... if you see something I don't, let me know."

Harri's suspicion seems well justified... as rustlings and creaks permeate the air... something was out there... dashing through the racks and piles of forgotten things...

Anonymouse wrote:"...Persistant thing. I'll be back to finish this--"

He whirls, and slips out the door, or tries, at least!

"--when I'm done with the house!"

He whirls and slips! Just as the door slams shut behind him... almost catching him in the process. And did he hear a sinister chuckle behind him? Regardless... he escapes the shed relatively unscathed! But for some dirt on his shoes.
Lola
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon May 07, 2012 2:56 am

Ryan watches the gigantic claw warily. Looking around, she decides that, while creepy, the place seemed safe. Stepping inside, he heels clopping on the floor.

"Thank you... been a real crazy day." she mutters.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse