A Dark Future

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

A Dark Future

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:05 pm

((Hey kids! I know I don't get to forum RP that much, but my creative juices are flowing these days. For the upcoming holiday, which is to say Halloween, I'm going to offer up a couple of threads for you all. This one is a dark, twisted, dystopian Muffinverse. There will be dark, heavy content in this thread, and some highly undesirable changes happening to the heroes of Muffinville. If you think that's not your taste, this may not be your thread. But if you're like me, and enjoy the occasional dark chocolate simply because it's kind of bitter, you may find something really enjoyable here. Either way, you've been warned.))

On a street corner, a woman stands. She stands in front of a mirror that seems ordinary enough, yet ominous to anyone passing by. Though she is clearly both blind and blindfolded, her gaze follows passers by. She beckons to them without words, but most seem frightened by her presence, and turn the other way.
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: A Dark Future

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Dact, having much the eye for strange occurrences, cant keep away from an odd sight like this! He heads over to the strange woman and mirror. "Um... hello miss."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:37 pm

"Hello." She said in a husky voice. "Have you come to gaze into the darkness, Dact?"
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Dact raises an eyebrow. "I'm an adventurer and explorer. Looking into the dark places of the world is how I make my living."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:52 pm

She nodded and turned to the mirror. "The world you are to enter is not that which is, but that which could be."

She waved her hand about it, and a scene appeared of the same street they were now on. It was night there, and there was clearly damage to many of the buildings.

"You may enter." She told him.
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Raleigh » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:10 pm

*Stepping forth from the ether since a blind seer type is always interesting in his opinion.* A seer with a gateway to Lilith's realm? How interesting. Might I participate?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Mischa glances curiously at the figure as he walks by. "Hmm... she looks familiar, for some reason..." he murmurs, before walking over to see what she's discussing with Dact!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:12 pm

"... allright then." He steps forwards, reaching out to the mirror!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:21 pm

As Curious as ever, Elliot, who was passing by, steps closer to listen to the conversation between this woman and Dact. He was wearing a sky blue t-shirt, and a pair of denim shorts, with blue and white sneakers on his feet. Assuming she could not see him, his eyes roamed over the woman's figure before he even noticed the mirror reflecting Muffinville at night.

Seeing the Knight step through the mirror caused a rush of unnatural excitement. The split personality of Ellie was gone, but traces of her remained. Elliot remembered how fond she was of Alice's adventures through the looking glass, and apparently she'd left some of those feelings behind to share. He blushed, stepping forward, and tried to follow Dact...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:36 pm

"Step forth into the mirror, and witness a world that could be." She said to Mischa. "You may not like what you see, but you will be returned safely in the end."

Harri-chan wrote:As Curious as ever, Elliot, who was passing by, steps closer to listen to the conversation between this woman and Dact. He was wearing a sky blue t-shirt, and a pair of denim shorts, with blue and white sneakers on his feet. Assuming she could not see him, his eyes roamed over the woman's figure before he even noticed the mirror reflecting Muffinville at night.

Knight Errant wrote:"... allright then." He steps forwards, reaching out to the mirror!

The mirror moves forth and envelopes Dact in silver liquid. He experiences a brief sensation not dissimilar from floating in water before he suddenly finds himself in an alley way. He can hear a loud speaker a short distance away.

Seeing the Knight step through the mirror caused a rush of unnatural excitement. The split personality of Ellie was gone, but traces of her remained. Elliot remembered how fond she was of Alice's adventures through the looking glass, and apparently she'd left some of those feelings behind to share. He blushed, stepping forward, and tried to follow Dact...

He did, but when the liquid enveloped him, he found himself in a very different place. Rather, he found himself on a desolate street corner that he would immediately recognize as being near Julia II's bakery. It's pretty clear that a major conflict has taken place, as the damage to the environment is significant. Laser burns mar the pavement in places, ditches have formed out of explosive craters and a couple of buildings have collapsed entirely.

When the light took Elliot, he found himself in a much different place.
Raleigh wrote:*Stepping forth from the ether since a blind seer type is always interesting in his opinion.* A seer with a gateway to Lilith's realm? How interesting. Might I participate?

"But of course." She said. "Though this world you can enter is a dangerous one."
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:47 pm

Elliot was expecting to see Dact, so finding the Knight nowhere to be seen made him rather nervous. He glanced around, recognising the area of Muffinville, as he was such a regular visitor, although the state of the buildings was a sobering effect that dampened the natural excitement that welled up when thinking of Julia II.

Shaking his head, he moved towards the bakery, avoiding the craters, and tried the door...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:14 pm

*He smiles at the woman.* Ah, but aren't they all? *He steps into the mirror.*
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Dact blinks... looking around the damaged streets. "This looks... like it will be interesting." He says, keeping his blade close at hand as he walks forward down the street cautiously...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:53 pm

Mischa glances at the odd woman, and then at the mirror, seeing Dact and Elliot passing through it. "Well... I suppose I should at least check it out," he murmurs, adjusting his backpack before passing through the mirror!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:15 pm

A Lord Bones strolls up to the blindfolded woman. In contrast to his usual gaudy appearance, the crime lord is dressed in an earthen color trench coat and a brown bowler cap that conceals his eyes. Whether or not the woman's unearthly presence startles the fiend remains to be seen...

"So you are the woman my sources informed me about" says Bones, clutching his walking cane. "I hear you offer a glimpse into distant worlds. Worlds filled with... darkness?"

Of course Bones, isn't really sure what the Woman is doing. The Chibiwanbanshu merely mentioned a strange lady with a portal lurking about. Bones is merely improvising, using his powers of deduction (or perhaps lack of) to decipher the enigma before him...
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse