An 80s Kind of Castle

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

An 80s Kind of Castle

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Time: Sometime during the morning

*We have somewhere and sometime, and we're going to add "somehow". Somehow, seemingly overnight, a stereotypical-looking castle has formed. It stands three or four stories high at the most, with several towers and turrets adding to its height. The entrance is standing right open, inviting anyone who cares to enter to do so.*

*On a side note, some residents of Muffinville may notice that any paper they own is missing. Weird.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: An 80s Kind of Castle

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Ashley frowns at some of the paper he had that was missing, walking around and considering the oddity. He noticed that paper in other places was missing as well, and a possible clue could be the odd castle that popped up. Giving a shrug, he made his way on in.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:38 am

*Once inside, there's a rather spacious courtyard. It looks as if it has seen better days; the grass has long since died, there are some cracks in the walls, and what was once a pond has dried up. To the north is a doorway that leads to the castle proper, and even from here it looks pretty dark.*

*Fun fact: an engraving on one of the walls reads "Bales - 950".*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:03 am

"Well this doesn't seem like too bad a place." Ashely said as he checked out the areas that were way due to tidying up. Giving a shrug, he made his way towards the doorway.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:31 pm

*As if to mock that last comment, the decapitated remains of a skeleton sit along one side of the castle's welcome hall. A bit of graffiti above it reads: "I ain't got no body to love".

*Up ahead is the castle's entrance hall, which seems to be dimly lit. Even from Ashley's current position, a spiral staircase is visible. Somewhere, the sound of metal striking something echoes through the castle, followed by a deep-throated growl.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:02 pm

"..." Ashley just stares at the graffiti. "Cute, real cute." He muttered sarcastically. His ear proceeded to give a twitch at hearing the metal and the growl.

"Where was that from?" Shrugging, he carefully made his way up the spiral staircase.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:17 pm

"Been a while since I did a castle raid. Wonder what I can find in this old place," said Donas he walks into the castle. He enters though the vast open doors.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Chris Thorn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:29 pm

Chris Curio adjusts his black jacket as he appoached the castle.

An old castle that is where it wasn't.. definitely worth a look-see. Who knows what lies within...

He pats the side of his jacket as he crosses the threshold
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend." Anon

nee Chris C. Thorndyke
Chris Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:01 pm

"Where was that from?" Shrugging, he carefully made his way up the spiral staircase.

*On his way up, he may note that the room with the staircase is open in all four cardinal directions.

At any rate, at the top of the staircase is the castle's annex hall. To the north is a corridor, with several large halls visible to the south and east; the one in the south has something shining faintly within. However, the sounds of combat---coming from the west---are much more audible.*

((OOC: This castle's actually based on a very old computer game. Those of you who have been around a while may be able to figure out where it's from if you think about the title a little. :) ))

Maiden Miki wrote:"Been a while since I did a castle raid. Wonder what I can find in this old place," said Donas he walks into the castle. He enters though the vast open doors.

Chris Thorn wrote:Chris Curio adjusts his black jacket as he appoached the castle.

An old castle that is where it wasn't.. definitely worth a look-see. Who knows what lies within...

He pats the side of his jacket as he crosses the threshold

*Don and Chris both find themselves within the courtyard. As described earlier, it has definitely seen better days; the etching with the name and number on one wall is pretty much the only real thing of note...*

*SLAM*

*...until the castle's doors slam shut behind them!*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:07 pm

"Hmm....What does that say?" said Don as he walked over to the wall after noticing it. He soon began to read it to see if it can provide any clues. He lifted his head up when the door slammed. He smile and said, "As if I was going to escape from there."
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:34 pm

*On his way up, he may note that the room with the staircase is open in all four cardinal directions.

At any rate, at the top of the staircase is the castle's annex hall. To the north is a corridor, with several large halls visible to the south and east; the one in the south has something shining faintly within. However, the sounds of combat---coming from the west---are much more audible.*

"Towards the area with a glow or the area where something sounds like it's happening..." Ashley muttered, tapping his chin as he considers. He then takes a coin and flips it, upon getting the result, he heads towards the sound of combat.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Chris Thorn » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:19 am

Is it preventing excape or further entry.. somthing like this won't stop people from being curious about a new castle..
See you inside, eh?

He walks carefully through the courtyard and through the doorway

You coming?
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend." Anon

nee Chris C. Thorndyke
Chris Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Maiden Miki wrote:"Hmm....What does that say?" said Don as he walked over to the wall after noticing it. He soon began to read it to see if it can provide any clues. He lifted his head up when the door slammed. He smile and said, "As if I was going to escape from there."

*Upon looking at the inscription, one could possibly think, "Well, it can't be the year... nothing around here lasts that long... and what's a name like 'Bales' doing on a supposedly ancient castle? Is it graffiti, or what?"

"Towards the area with a glow or the area where something sounds like it's happening..." Ashley muttered, tapping his chin as he considers. He then takes a coin and flips it, upon getting the result, he heads towards the sound of combat.

*Ashley, if he's not careful, will slip on a suddenly icy floor. In fact, most of the room is like this; large patches of ice and snow decorate the floors and walls, and the temperature has dropped an easy thirty degrees.

A tan-skinned, lanky, catlike monster---complete with saliva dripping from its mouth and two sets of arms---is engaged in battle. Its combatant is a human female, blonde-haired, wearing a black-furred bodysuit and brownish-red/white body armor, gloves and boots, and a helmet with two horns jutting out the sides. Occupied as she is while trying to keep the monster on the defensive, she doesn't notice Ashley's arrival.*

He walks carefully through the courtyard and through the doorway

*The decapitated skeleton and the punny graffiti comes into view, the illumination lessening the farther in he goes. The large room with the spiral staircase is visible from his position, although there are other passages on this floor that he could explore.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Maiden Miki » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Don looks at it and ponders it for a long moment. He tries to touch it in order to get a feel on the age since it didn't look too old.

"Strange....It is like...." said Don as he was making note of the text.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 pm

*Ashley, if he's not careful, will slip on a suddenly icy floor. In fact, most of the room is like this; large patches of ice and snow decorate the floors and walls, and the temperature has dropped an easy thirty degrees.

A tan-skinned, lanky, catlike monster---complete with saliva dripping from its mouth and two sets of arms---is engaged in battle. Its combatant is a human female, blonde-haired, wearing a black-furred bodysuit and brownish-red/white body armor, gloves and boots, and a helmet with two horns jutting out the sides. Occupied as she is while trying to keep the monster on the defensive, she doesn't notice Ashley's arrival.*

Ashley does almost slip, but he quickly gains his barrings and continues until he comes to the sight of the monster and woman fighting. Thinking, he decided that it would be... rude to interrupt for the moment, and decided to watch a little longer and see just who it was he should be helping.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to the Muffinverse