Reading at the park!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Reading at the park!

Postby Vomica » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Merah furrows her brow at that, "...well... I guess the glowing letters were neat... but still..."
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Vomica wrote:Merah furrows her brow at that, "...well... I guess the glowing letters were neat... but still..."

"It is always worth giving it another try. Just to see the glowing letters," giggled Megan as she looked at Merah. "Risk is apart of learning."
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Feng » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:04 pm

"Out of curiosity are you able to comprehend the meaning behind the letters?" inquires Bones.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Vomica » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Merah gazes at Megan a few moments, "...there is a difference between learning from mistakes and sticking a fork into an electric socket. Several times. Just to make sure it will do the same thing each time." She blinks once, then looks up at Feng with a small smile "Um. Alot of the time, err, kinda. ...with this... this book is just a text about the art it's describing it's not all spells and stuff in here..." Adding after a moment, "...but I give a rough translation on the... intent of the example spells."

She says shyly to Bones, "...with more refined stuff... comprehending it is far easier."
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:47 am

"Well what do you suggest?" then asked Megan as she sighed.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Vomica » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Merah peers at Megan a few times, "...I could either do what I usually do, and skim over the work to find any patterns in the text and diagrams and attempt to figure out how it relates to other arts, styles, and traditions. Much like how one would study linguistics. Then I can mark out what has truth to it in this work and what isn't." She pauses, "Or. I could attempt to invoke the sample affects within the book, and see what else it can do." She peeks down at the book, and points at a random line "Maybe that one will make another bird dissolve into acid! ...or create a little rainbow! Or..."

Peeking up again, she gives a slight giggle "...or make some candy or ice cream!" She merps after the giggle, blushes, and says "...or something bad."
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Vomica wrote:Merah peers at Megan a few times, "...I could either do what I usually do, and skim over the work to find any patterns in the text and diagrams and attempt to figure out how it relates to other arts, styles, and traditions. Much like how one would study linguistics. Then I can mark out what has truth to it in this work and what isn't." She pauses, "Or. I could attempt to invoke the sample affects within the book, and see what else it can do." She peeks down at the book, and points at a random line "Maybe that one will make another bird dissolve into acid! ...or create a little rainbow! Or..."

Peeking up again, she gives a slight giggle "...or make some candy or ice cream!" She merps after the giggle, blushes, and says "...or something bad."

"How about we hope for those other things you said that didn't involve making a bird into acid or something bad. Alright?" said Megan as she smiled widely and nodded.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chris Thorn » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 am

A man wearing a slightly tattered dark blue Serafuku lay against a tree. Chris glanced up at a fireball of a bird, and noticed the small group gathered around a bench. He smiled and nodded at them, not expecting anyone to notice. I always loved this place
Last edited by Chris Thorn on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend." Anon

nee Chris C. Thorndyke
Chris Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Feng » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:38 pm

"If only we had someone to use as a guinea pig to test it for danger" says Bones, glancing over at Chris.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Vomica » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Merah glances between Megan and Bones, she murmurs "...b-but isn't that sort of... mean...?" The girl's muscles droop a bit again, but then she notices that man sitting beneath the tree. She thinks, Is he really wearing that thing around...? With that in mind! She turns back down to the book, and starts to flip through it -- muttering "...lets see now..."
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Vomica wrote:Merah glances between Megan and Bones, she murmurs "...b-but isn't that sort of... mean...?" The girl's muscles droop a bit again, but then she notices that man sitting beneath the tree. She thinks, Is he really wearing that thing around...? With that in mind! She turns back down to the book, and starts to flip through it -- muttering "...lets see now..."

"That how it is sometimes. Still I didn't suggest that," said Megan as she noted the guy. She then looked over to the book. "Pick a good one."
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Vomica » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Merah pages though, and hmmms "...a simple light bending illusion spell uses a minimal amount of energy and... well. It's temporary even if it goes hay wire, right?" The girl beams at that, "...this might be a bit silly... but..."
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Vomica wrote:Merah pages though, and hmmms "...a simple light bending illusion spell uses a minimal amount of energy and... well. It's temporary even if it goes hay wire, right?" The girl beams at that, "...this might be a bit silly... but..."

"But go ahead and do it! Worth a try," said Megan as she nods several times.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chris Thorn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Reaching into his backpack Chris retrieved a soda bottle filled with a blue liquid, which he started drinking
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend." Anon

nee Chris C. Thorndyke
Chris Thorn
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Previous

Return to the Muffinverse