Club Xibalba

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Club Xibalba

Postby Feng » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:06 pm

ELSEWHERE....

Rumors have been spreading like wild fire of a new night club that has recently opened on the outskirts of town. Constructed like a precolonial Aztec building, with elements of Olmec, Toltec, and Maya influence, it stands out from the other buildings in the area. Those passing by may notice an unholy aura that lingers about (a combination of being constructed during a solar eclipse, on Friday the 13th, atop a desecrated Chibi burial ground). Yet, despite the feelings of death and evil that linger about, this very aspect of the place seems to draw in clients like a moth to the flame.

Those passing by the obsidian doors might hear an eerie music coming from inside accompanied by.... singing?
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Club Xibalba

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:11 pm

*Zapana, in all her wolfy caninoid glory, can be seen near the entrance.*

LEGENDS...OF THE HIDDEN... TEMPLE!

*chuckling* Ah, I crack myself up. *walks inside*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Zapana finds herself in a large spacious full of plush comfortable seating, a generously stocked bar, and lots of patrons garbed in red or black who are conversing in small groups. Spooky~!

In the corner, a curious young girl is singing karaoke (Nightwish song by the sound of it).

Fortunately, it appears that the place is lacking a bouncer. Instead Zapana will just have to deal with the ominous Olmec stone head instead. O__O
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:21 am

((OOC: *sniggers*))

*looks over at the stone head, grinning* Man, can I call them or what?

*Zapana shakes her head and takes a seat at the bar.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:09 am

The stone sentinel quietly watches Zapana pass but doesn't make a peep.

"Welcome to Club Xibalba, the Place of Fear," says the bartender, Bones himself. "What can I get for you? We have a menagerie of tantalizing drinks imported from all across the globe. Or will it just be the usual today, miss?"

He gives Zapana a cursory glance.

"If you're interested it's guest karaoke night. The young lady up there is a regular here, but that doesn't mean that newcomers like yourself can't give it a shot if you like. Of course, if singing isn't your thing, there are plenty of curious folk to mingle with."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:25 am

Despite failing to persuade anyone to accompany him, Elliot arrived at the new night club. He was dressed in a black t-shirt with a white drum kit across the chest, long black shorts that went over the knees, and a pair of black sneakers. For a while, he lingered outside, hands on hips, studying the unusual architecture with an unease.

Still, he desired company and a distraction from the mess that was his life, and so headed through the obsidian doors, drawn by that singing voice, and paused to watch the girl sing for a few minutes more before making his way to the bar. Seeing another being served, he leaned back against the bar itself and looked around at the other patrons, frowning slightly at the odd uniformity in their clothes... before glancing down and letting out a laugh at his own all black outfit.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 pm

There is a loud hissing noise that sounds when Elliot passes through the door. It is just audible enough to escape Elliot's notice.

In contrast to Elliot's casual attire, most of the patrons are dressed in evening wear. Elliot might also notice that the patrons are predominately female. Aside from the bartender and a few off duty Chibiwanbanshu, there are only a handful of male patrons in the club.

Is it ladies night, perhaps?

"Can I help you, sir?" asks Bones, cleaning a drinking glass. "Oh, its you. Welcome to Club Xibalba Mr. Councilman. Can I interest you in the calamari?" :lol:
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:14 pm

Way to go Marivel. *Raleigh can be seen cheering on the Crimson Noble from where he is sitting next to the stage.*
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Elliot turned happily enough, but he scowled when he saw Bones at the bar, and blushed at the offer of calamari. "Very funny, Bones. Finally trying your hand at honest work? You can get me a a vodka, with one of the energy drinks. While you're at it, pass me the song book for karoke".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:48 pm

"First off, I'm simply doing a favor for a relative of mind. A cousin, yes? Besides, I consider villainy to be a more honest job than politics."

(Wipes glass)

"As for your drink, I'll need to see your I.D. before I serve you any alcohol. My cousin will have my heart, rare with a glass of Sangria, if she found out I gave vodka to a minor."

Bones passes Elliot a can of Red Bull and the song list.

"I'll pencil you in after the next singer. No hurry though."

The Crimson Noble waves at Raleigh as she finishes the song. Bones applauds the singer as well, grateful for once that the machinist didn't rouse the likes of the Ragu Ragla this time around. As she leaves the stage, a Chibi takes his turn. Oh hey, it's Grumpy!"

"Test, testing... *Ahem*"

The ninja Chibi begins singing some song in Chibi (sounds like Voltaire). Despite the language barrier, its not half bad...
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Elliot started to reach into his pocket, and then paused, "Uh... what's the legal age for buying alcohol these days?", he asked a little sheepishly. "Just testing you of course, Bones... ", he said, maintaining eye contact as the chibi replaced the blonde girl on stage.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:23 pm

"I.D. please" -_- says Bones, hand outstretched. "Otherwise, no beer for you."

A black haired girl dressed in a black cocktail dress walks up to the bar.

"Hey Rachael. Want to head downstairs for a bit, yes?"

"If you don't mind" says the girl giggling.

"Not at all."

Bones presses a button underneath the bar, causing a hidden passageway to open up next to the counter.

"Have fun now." ^_^
Last edited by Feng on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:25 pm

Feng wrote:The stone sentinel quietly watches Zapana pass but doesn't make a peep.

"Welcome to Club Xibalba, the Place of Fear," says the bartender, Bones himself. "What can I get for you? We have a menagerie of tantalizing drinks imported from all across the globe. Or will it just be the usual today, miss?"

He gives Zapana a cursory glance.

"If you're interested it's guest karaoke night. The young lady up there is a regular here, but that doesn't mean that newcomers like yourself can't give it a shot if you like. Of course, if singing isn't your thing, there are plenty of curious folk to mingle with."

The karaoke sounds good, but that can wait until later. I'll take a glass of tequila, mixed with a cup of Vernos ginger soda if you have any in stock.

*Zapana reaches into her pocket and produces an I.D. card. The card is mostly a dark purple, with a mug shot of her on one side, the words "Infinite Defense" stenciled across the top in yellow lettering, a watermark depicting a set of criss-crossing claw marks, and the following information:

Name: Zapana Q. Zquor
Sex: Female
Planet of Origin: Kittenoa
Species: Timber Wolf Caninoid
Date of Birth: February 7, 1979
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Elliot mutters, and pulls out a wallet, slapping down an ID card that shows his age to be eighteen. "I'm just asking so I know if we're wasting both our time... ", he said. Popping open the can of Red Bull, he takes a drink, and then gets distracted by the girl in the black cocktail dress, his blue eyes drawn to her butt.

"Can I... go where she's going?", he asked, pointing at Rachel as she headed down the passageway.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:39 pm

*Walks over to the bar.* Hm.. I'll have whatever is the most toxic thing you got.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to the Muffinverse