A Moment of the Council's Time

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

A Moment of the Council's Time

Postby Raleigh » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 pm

*Raleigh walks into the council's chambers to meet with them and discuss something. His form currently consisting of a human male appearing of Cherokee descent wearing a pressed and immaculate suit. Seems he is appearing in one of his diplomat forms to do this discussion given the lack of any obvious or hidden weapons and zero constant enchantments. The only thing he has is a suitcase.* Hello councilors. I'm here to discuss something with you if you have the time.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Re: A Moment of the Council's Time

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Fimbulvetr sits at the large circular table where the Council plots. She has her shotgun Sandraudiga disassembled and is cleaning each part with an oily rag.

"Well, this is unusual, but not unwelcome. Take a seat."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:02 am

Penny is eating a bowl of Sweet and Chocolate Marshmallow cereal. She blinks at Raleigh for a moment. "Hiiiiiii Raleigh!"
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:14 am

Fourteen year old Elliot was present too. Sat at the table, he was listening to music through headphones, dressed in a pale blue, snug-fitting t-shirt with a daisy on the front and a pair of knee length denim shorts, with his long blonde hair in a ponytail.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 pm

*Ambush Cat, oddly, is present as well. He is presently treating one of the walls as if it were the floor, eyes half-open.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Seems we are a few short. Should we wait or get started? *He takes a seat as directed.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Vomica » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Merah is most certainly around. But she is sitting at the table with her head down, resting on her folded up arms. A keen of ear person could hear tiny snores of slumbering, and a spotful glance might notice the small puddle of drool forming on the table beneath her mouth. Seems like she's been lacking sleep lately from how much she has been doing!
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Fimbulvetr chuckles at Merah.

"We'll get her up to speed later. What is your proposal?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:45 pm

I have two actually so lets start with the simplest one first. I would like to recommend the creation of guilds for similarly associated groups be created and endorsed by the government. This will help create a more unified community amongst the citizenry and perhaps help perk up some flagging fields. Say put together one for the mad scientists so they can all work together or one for the alchemists for the same reason.

Tied to that possibility is the recommendation for some sort of zoning regulations for the city. I know I, for one, have buildings of all sorts all about the city and I would prefer to know where I should place my shops rather than on simply the very next empty lot I spot every time.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:25 am

Elliot leans over slightly, and gently places a hand against Merah's shoulder. He blushed at the way her soft, warm body felt beneath his palm, before giving her a very soft shake. "Merah... ", he whispered, moving a little closer to her ear.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:23 am

*Blinks while watching Elliot and makes a mental note to work on him later since Elliot has been turned female enough that by now the whole blushing thing shouldn't happen anymore.* Hm.. she likes her sleep I take it?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 am

"Sleep is fun!" Penny let out, before putting on a silly thinking face. "Hmmmmmm...... those ideas sound reeeeaaallly neat, Raleigh!" She nods quickly.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:20 pm

"She works far too much for someone her age. Let her rest."

Fimbulvetr crosses her legs and thinks.

"I can see problems with both suggestions already. First, who would run the guilds? Obviously there are people in Muffinville with the skills to do so, but how do we get them to cooperate? For your second suggestion, you wish for business districts and the like? Suppose an invasion destroys the industry district or some other important area. The city's chaotic layout helps protect it, ensuring that the city isn't completely crippled after every invasion."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:39 pm

I will try to address those issues you have pointed out. Firstly I would prefer a chosen member of the guilds to run their individual group. The idea is for those who would make up the guild to gather and select one of their number to lead. Say they elect you, Fimbulvetr, to head up a guild of scientists and the like as one such instance and you would run the group for a period that either this council or the guilds themselves will determine. It would, even at this point in its creation, help build up a greater sense of community amongst the various factions present in town.

The answer to the second is the one I have no arguments about. How to make them do it I couldn't say. I wouldn't recommend removing them from being active simply for not being in a guild or the like. If you were meaning how would we make the elected leader lead however I would recommend the guilds themselves makeup some sort of punishment for faulty leadership.

Business districts, art districts, historic districts, non-Euclidean geometry districts, and so on. Can't forget how many of us have houses and such that don't conform to what is normal.

You have a valid concern with the districts themselves being potential targets. In response to that I could propose we create some sort of armed forces that answers to the city council alone. Failing that there is always merc work we could contract out to things like the CTC, the ninja villages, or even to some of our citizens who have private armies. Again you could provide some protection to the people through your machines for instance. As for if all else fails and the sector of the city is destroyed then I volunteer the services of my own company to repair and rebuild the destroyed sections for free.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:47 pm

I call dibs on anything not salvageable.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to the Muffinverse