Expected Guests

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Expected Guests

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Blaze kinda wants to ask, "Then what does a Kage do exactly?" but as Abel's guide/bodyguard, she cannot appear unknowledgeable!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ebony » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:51 am

*Noticing that those she was tailing have entered the kage building she turns around and observes the market area. Seems she is looking for the largest merchant shop available.*
*Rolls eyes.* Yeah, I'm sure you can.

Spammer Rank 4
Ebony
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Mendi-chan wrote:*Mendo leads the group into the halls of the Kage building... a mostly administrative set up which one would find in most office buildings of this size, though from the outside one would hardly know it was an office building. Hallways, conference rooms, offices, and clerks make up the majority of what is seen here.*
The Elders are the leaders of the village, governing the policies, rules, regulations, and official business of the village. I would... technically be the Kage currently, though it could be said that the village is in a bit of a transitional period. I won't hold this position forever, obviously.

Abel follows along, glancing about curiously as they walk through the building. She seems mildly surprised to find a rather modern administrative interior in the building, but doesn't say anything until Mendo finishes his explanation. "Ahh... so you are the current leader of this community?" she asks, glancing at him. "A little surprising that you would choose to undertake a covert operation yourself, then."

She considers a moment. "How is the Kage selected?" she asks curiously.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 am

*Mendo continues leading them through the corridors, eventually motioning for them to sit in a rather spacious conference area of a rather modern sort. It seems almost out of place with all of the traditional looking ninja scurrying by.*
The Kage... is generally selected because he or she is the most skilled ninja in the village at the point they are appointed. I led that mission because currently I am the most skilled to lead it... In any case... I believe that we can sit here and parse out a few issues, if you don't mind. Unfortunately I was absent for some time and missed some things... so I would like to know some of the things you know. We can enlighten each other on our organizations and intel together.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 am

Abel nods at Mendo's explanation. "A meritocracy, then? There's certainly worse ways to choose a leader. And an exchange of information would be quite helpful, I believe."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:35 am

*Raises his eyebrow*
Then, if I may, I'd like to ask a couple questions... What exactly do you know about the Brotherhood and what you're excavating... and what do you know about the incident at Sand Academy?
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Blaze » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 am

Blaze stands at ease just a little bit behind the pair, listening carefully.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 am

Mendi-chan wrote:*Raises his eyebrow*
Then, if I may, I'd like to ask a couple questions... What exactly do you know about the Brotherhood and what you're excavating... and what do you know about the incident at Sand Academy?

Abel sits down in the conference room, resting her arms upon the table as she studies Mendo. "Both good topics to start with. Firstly... regarding the Brotherhood, we unfortunately don't have nearly as much information as we wish we did. Most of our knowledge of them is historical in nature, gained through perusing historical archives or talking with individuals who knew of them, as well as data collected from various abandoned facilities we've encountered. Any information you could provide regarding their original structure and purposes would be invaluable."

She pauses for a moment. "As for your second question... well, that would depend on what incident you refer to. Unfortunately, we did not keep the Academy under the sort of observation we should have... which lead to some somewhat regrettable actions in the end. So it's possible there are other incidents you are referring to... although I suspect you're asking about our role in its destruction."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 am

*Nods*
I'm willing to give some more information about the Brotherhood... Though I doubt it's stuff you haven't heard before... Blaze, feel free to join in here as well. I'm afraid I was gone fro this, but your first inclination is right. I refer to Sand's destruction... what the hell happened that you had to nuke that place? It was dangerous sure, but it seemed rather contained.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:06 am

Mendi-chan wrote:*Nods*
I'm willing to give some more information about the Brotherhood... Though I doubt it's stuff you haven't heard before... Blaze, feel free to join in here as well. I'm afraid I was gone fro this, but your first inclination is right. I refer to Sand's destruction... what the hell happened that you had to nuke that place? It was dangerous sure, but it seemed rather contained.

Abel lets out a sigh. "Sand Academy was, as you say, something of a problem... far too late, we realized that the site needed better safety and containment than it had, as we did observe several individuals investigating it, only to end up transformed. However, the incident that provoked our response was when an individual called 'Dee' apparently came to power, taking over the student government of the Academy. Somehow, she was able to manipulate the energies in the area to give herself incredible powers, and began to threaten the entirety of the world with those powers."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 am

*Frowns at this*
Dee?... Who the hell is that?... And who the heck is strong enough to enter Sand Academy and control it from within. I thought that was impossible based on the Beige surrounding the area.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:17 am

Mendi-chan wrote:*Frowns at this*
Dee?... Who the hell is that?... And who the heck is strong enough to enter Sand Academy and control it from within. I thought that was impossible based on the Beige surrounding the area.

"We don't have any definite data on her, although there were visual records made during the incident..." She taps her fingers on the table. "Perhaps you might recognize her if I showed you some of the images. She seemed to be connected to the former leader of the Academy, and individual named 'President Monoko'. During an announcement she broadcast, she identified herself as 'Interim President', and we suspect she may have been a subordinate who took the position of power after President Monoko disappeared."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:22 am

I don't recall exactly someone fitting that description off the top of my head, though pictures would undoubtedly help. Still, there's really no guarantee that I even knew her before this... In any case... What in the hell happened there that warranted the response you gave?
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 am

Mendi-chan wrote:I don't recall exactly someone fitting that description off the top of my head, though pictures would undoubtedly help. Still, there's really no guarantee that I even knew her before this... In any case... What in the hell happened there that warranted the response you gave?

Abel shrugs. "A picture speaks a thousand words, or so the saying goes." Reaching into a pocket, she pulls out a small recorder and a softscreen, which she unfolds to lay out upon the table. After a few moments, it begins to play video recordings -- firstly of Dee's announcement to Muffinville, in which she demonstrates her power to reduce Han Zvarri, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER, into a color that could still be found in crayon boxes, as well as threatening to 'systematically reshape the Muffinverse to her liking' before the week was up.

"Once that announcement was made, and Interim President Dee displayed both her capability to reduce living people to abstract concepts, and a determination to use that power to control the entirety of this world... well..." Abel glances off to the side uncomfortably. "The decision was made to try and stop her with sufficient force."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:34 am

*Mendo looks to the tapes with muted expression, as if still trying to work something out in his mind as he speaks*
Well then... Did you get her?
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse