Expected Guests

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Expected Guests

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 am

Mendi-chan wrote:*Mendo looks to the tapes with muted expression, as if still trying to work something out in his mind as he speaks*
Well then... Did you get her?

Abel looks to Mendo. "The strike destroyed most of the school's structures and... killed most of the inhabitants, as well as destroying the surrounding area. However, it appeared our fears about Dee's strength were not unfounded, as she was able to produce some kind of energy barrier that protected the student's union building. A strike team secured the area in order to attend to any wounded, and they, along with some other Muffinville denizens, were able to make their way inside where they confronted Interim President Dee."

The video display changes, this time apparently footage recorded by CTC robots as they entered the president's office of the Sand Academy for Young Women.

Abel quirks an eyebrow as she watches the footage. "Ahhh, yes. She did apparently identify herself with various other pseudonyms... Tedium, and... Overdose?" Her gaze slowly shifts to Mendo as the recording mentions Overdose having been left to die by none other than Mendokusee.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:44 am

*Mendo's eyes seem to take special interest at this... a small fire seeming to have lit behind them as he clenches a fist, trying his best to continue appearing cool and collected... though most experienced people would be able to tell this has elicited some great deal of... something within him. Coughing, he tries to regain his composure, looking the CTC representative straight in the eye.*
Well then... How did you do it? Destroy her I mean?
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:50 am

Mendi-chan wrote:*Mendo's eyes seem to take special interest at this... a small fire seeming to have lit behind them as he clenches a fist, trying his best to continue appearing cool and collected... though most experienced people would be able to tell this has elicited some great deal of... something within him. Coughing, he tries to regain his composure, looking the CTC representative straight in the eye.*
Well then... How did you do it? Destroy her I mean?

Abel says nothing, deciding that Mendo would discuss the circumstances of his previous encounters with Overdose when he felt like it. At her command, the video display fast forwards, revealing as Dee/Tedium/Overdose opens a portal to another place -- what she had called the "Chromaelstrom". Mendo can watch as the various individuals followed after, and fought with Dee, until finally the CTC forces blasted apart the crystalline wall behind Dee, and the Interim President tumbled out into the swirling maelstrom of realities -- taking Caprice along with her.

"As you can see, she wasn't destroyed, per se... but any efforts to determine what, much less where, that 'Chromaelstrom' is proved fruitless. We suspect she's still 'alive', in some sense... in a place between concrete realities."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:03 am

Blaze nods to Mendo when he tells her to contribute, but doesn't say much of anything. While she was part of the group that entered the union building, Abel had video footage which was much more reliable than her own recollections!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mendi-chan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:04 am

*Nods, and rubs his temples with is hands*
I never thought Caprice would be able to actually make me worry... In any case, thank you for the valuable information. I'm guessing that sooner or later we'll be needing to collaborate on this issue, so I appreciate it...

But, I suppose it's only fair I answer some questions.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:18 am

Mendi-chan wrote:*Nods, and rubs his temples with is hands*
I never thought Caprice would be able to actually make me worry... In any case, thank you for the valuable information. I'm guessing that sooner or later we'll be needing to collaborate on this issue, so I appreciate it...

But, I suppose it's only fair I answer some questions.

Abel nods. "Perhaps for a start you can tell us more about the Brotherhood? As I mentioned before, we've encountered some historical information, and the facilities we've found have turned up some scattered bits of information, but we don't really have enough to join those together yet."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:27 am

*Taps his finger against the table*
Hmm... Well, I'm not the best with history, but I suppose I could do my best. Caprice, the woman who was dragged away by Overdose, is the Spammaster Supreme. That made her the leader of the Brotherhood, though that title was more ceremonial than anything else. The Brotherhood was started a bit before I ended up around these parts as a counter-group to a now non-existent "Sisterhood". They developed a fair amount of weaponry and notoriety over time, getting involved in many conflicts. Perhaps most notably, they developed the Mage Star.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Mendi-chan wrote:*Taps his finger against the table*
Hmm... Well, I'm not the best with history, but I suppose I could do my best. Caprice, the woman who was dragged away by Overdose, is the Spammaster Supreme. That made her the leader of the Brotherhood, though that title was more ceremonial than anything else. The Brotherhood was started a bit before I ended up around these parts as a counter-group to a now non-existent "Sisterhood". They developed a fair amount of weaponry and notoriety over time, getting involved in many conflicts. Perhaps most notably, they developed the Mage Star.

Abel listens intently to Mendo's explanation. "Hmm... I see. I assume the Mage Star is the other of the two major facilities in orbit? One we know is called the 'Beige Star', and was lifted into orbit more recently. We attempted a boarding operation on it recently to investigate, but have left the other station be for the time being. It does seem to be designed with a more offensive intention, but has thus far remained inert, a condition we're content to leave it in."

"Speaking of which..." She pauses, thinking a moment. "What would you know of an individual named 'Amalia', and something named 'Project Unity'? We believe she was involved with the Brotherhood for a time, and some of the installations we've uncovered and seem to be related to her and this project."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Previous

Return to the Muffinverse