The Destroyer Is Manifest!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: The Destroyer Is Manifest!

Postby Blaze » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:51 pm

Blaze goes a bit red.

"I don't wear stockings!"

THough she does assume the crash position, just in case.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:22 am

Feng wrote:
Dream World

"Isn't it obvious? You have to stop Bones of course. Preferably in a painfully drawn out manner"
says the girl grinning.

"Well I know that!" said Megan as she taps her toes, "Still how do I get out of here? Just jump into that big black whole in the sky?"
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Raleigh » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Well from what I saw of it the place is somewhat patterned after the rain forests found in South America including that pyramid you see. I would say based on an idealized Aztec period to be specific. I do recall encountering some being that appeared similar to old 'coatl there but it didn't interact with me surprisingly enough. In fact on the whole the entire environment didn't interact with me a lot so I'm unsure if this is any real danger to us other than the obvious being sucked into it even if we wish not to kind.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:50 pm

(( Not sure if Feng's been waiting on me, or not, but I'd better get my posting groove going again! :P ))

Feng wrote:The Park
The crack in the sky enlarges, revealing a swirling maelstrom of black and grey. The gravitational pull, the same that pulled in the drone, suddenly grows stronger and the trapped Kaiju (and the Mecha and Light by extension) find themselves being lifted up. The Penguin flails about, trying to escape the pull, letting out a blast of cold air or two in random directions.

Murasaki blinks as the gravitational pull suddenly increases, warning alarms sounding in the mecha's cockpit. "Major! I've got an unusual gravitional field here!" she shouts, activating the mecha's trusters to try and slow her movement towards the rift!

"We're tracking that! The space on the other side seems stable and safe enough, although... there's the possibility the rift was created to try and capture the kaiju. It's currently uncertain whether it'd be good to let it go through... although that would remove the threat from Muffinville proper."

"Is there any way to return?" Murasaki asks.

There's a pause. "Currently uncertain -- our probe hasn't tried to return yet."

Raleigh wrote:Well from what I saw of it the place is somewhat patterned after the rain forests found in South America including that pyramid you see. I would say based on an idealized Aztec period to be specific. I do recall encountering some being that appeared similar to old 'coatl there but it didn't interact with me surprisingly enough. In fact on the whole the entire environment didn't interact with me a lot so I'm unsure if this is any real danger to us other than the obvious being sucked into it even if we wish not to kind.

The major turns to Raleigh. "It seems somewhat harmless... which makes me suspicious. Do you know if there's any way to return from that space, save through the rift?"

Feng wrote:Academy City

The Chibi finds a place to sit.

"Impressive place you have here. It puts the sensory technology at my old job to shame."

The silver-haired woman smiles slightly. "We try our best, although there are entities and factions with superior capabilities, we suspect." She shrugs. "At any rate, we should be safe from most forms of eavesdropping in here. Can you give me more details regarding what we were discussing earlier?" She pauses glancing at one of the displays. "The rift over Muffinville seems to have increased in size and strength..."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Muffinville Park
The Kaiju and Murasaki are lifted further up into the sky as the rift attempts to draw in the massive beast. Soon the Penguins foot is caught by the rift. The creature roars in terror as the rift begins drawing it in bit by bit! To those observing from below it looks kind of similar to "spaghettification". For the time being it seems possible for Murasaki's Mecha to safely escape the gravitational pull. This window however probably won't last long as the pull intensifies with each passing second!

Outside Muffinville
Stone Beak accepts the hat graciously.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about deification, trickster," says the shaman rather shiftily. "However, the hat will definitely come in handy nonetheless when it comes to attracting followers."

The Underworld

As the Probe approaches the pyramid it will detect a strong energy source coming from the center. What could be inside?

If Raleigh were to be looking at the imaging he might notice something familiar about the place, perhaps something involving a certain auction a while ago?

Dream Realm

"Hmmmm?" says the girl dreamily as she gazes up at the hole. "I wouldn't know about that. Ever since that hole has appeared, strange stuff has been happening here."

The Temple
The temple begins to rumble relentless.

Bones turns to Blaze offering her his hand.

"Come investigator, join us in our chant. The stronger our circle, the quicker the beast will be banished"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Blaze blinks ad cautiously takes Bone's hand.

"But I don't know the words..."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:34 am

Feng wrote:
Dream Realm

"Hmmmm?" says the girl dreamily as she gazes up at the hole. "I wouldn't know about that. Ever since that hole has appeared, strange stuff has been happening here."

"Well...then I think I am going to head into it," said Megan as she snaps her fingers and frowned..."Oh right...I can't make wings out of color energy anymore...."
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:49 am

Alright. Then I suppose I might as well be on my way. You might want to lay low for a bit around Bones though.
****With CTC****
Once in there I do recall there was an exit I was led to by a talking bunny. Failing that I suppose if I go with whoever is sent inside I could theoretically open a way out. The downside is that I would have to do a form of possession to get in there with them.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:09 am

(( ... I really owe Feng a post. @__@ ))

Feng wrote:The Underworld

As the Probe approaches the pyramid it will detect a strong energy source coming from the center. What could be inside?

The inquisitive probe ventures closer to the pyramid, trying to make a more intensive scan of it.

Muffinville Park
The Kaiju and Murasaki are lifted further up into the sky as the rift attempts to draw in the massive beast. Soon the Penguins foot is caught by the rift. The creature roars in terror as the rift begins drawing it in bit by bit! To those observing from below it looks kind of similar to "spaghettification". For the time being it seems possible for Murasaki's Mecha to safely escape the gravitational pull. This window however probably won't last long as the pull intensifies with each passing second!
[/quote]

"Major, I'm running out of time..." Murasaki says over the comm, the thrusters on her mecha straining to keep both itself from being sucked in, as well as the Kaiju that she's still holding onto -- for now.

Outside of the city, the major wipes her forehead for a moment, and lets out a sigh. "Now I'm starting to understand why the Commander seems to be getting more cynical... and seems to be getting grey hairs." She shakes her head. "We could simply allow the Kaiju be drawn into the rift, since someone seems to be intent on transporting it out of Muffinville, and work to help the citizens who've been devastated by its attacks. On the other hand... someone seems to be rather keen to transport the creature away, for their own purposes."

She taps her fingers thoughtfully, and then nods. "Give me Echo base," she says over her comm.

"This is Echo Missile Base, Major. What do you need?"

"I need 12 MCM-20s armed with 10 kT warheads."

"I need authorization from the Commander for the release of thermonuclear warheads, Major!"

"Then get it! We don't have much time here!" the major snarls, before glancing at Raleigh. "The space on the other side of the rift isn't directly connected with this universe, is it?" she asks. "Assuming the missiles make it through the rift before it closes, there should be no fallout on this side," she says, half musing to herself.

"Major?" the mecha pilot asks over the comm again.

Major Durant switches channels. "Keep that Kaiju in place for as long as possible! We're mobilizing additional support!"

Murasaki grits her teeth. "Well, this is just peachy..." she mutters, redlining the mecha's thrusters to try and hold the Kaiju out of the rift for as long as possible!

(( But what has become of Caine and the Chibi ninja she's talking with? Important information is needed! D: ))
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Not that I'm aware of and even if it was I can intercede if needed. A dream realm shouldn't pose any great threat to the physical realm's health. It might destroy the minds of anyone tied to that particular dream realm though.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Previous

Return to the Muffinverse