Potion Shop

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Potion Shop

Postby Alchemist » Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Meanwhile, the man at the counter puts away the other three besides the eye potion and reaches around in the counter for a moment or so before pulling out a potion labeled "Red scales", and also a "talons" and a "wildcat claws" potion.

[[Bah forgot to respond to Raleigh in my previous post]]
Alchemist

Postby Raleigh » Mon May 02, 2011 4:52 pm

So how much for the three?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Alchemist » Mon May 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Many of the potions Gustav sees seem aimed at changing classes, though certainly some of the classes, like white mage or paladin, would probably give him healing powers. There are a number of potions that are marked as healing potions both in and out of the non-transformative potions section.

"Well it's...wait, which three?" The alchemist looks at the four potions (forehead eye, red scales, talons, wildcat claws) for a second and shrugs before just waving his hand to make some prices appear on the labels, to the right of the potions' names. Because really those probably should have been there all along. "Er, anyway, those're the prices. I'll take any currency that's usually accepted around here." (They're listed in USD, and the four in question are all near about $5.)
Alchemist

Postby Raleigh » Mon May 02, 2011 5:17 pm

((Whoops, read that post too fast and put talon and wildcat claws together as the same potion in my head.))

So twenty for the lot yes? *The currency appears in his hands.* Here you go.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Feng » Mon May 02, 2011 5:20 pm

"Hmmm..." he mumbles as he browses through the potions. "I wonder if there are any potions for the Chemist class. Of course Samurai or Black Mage could also be fun..." he says as he grabs some of the normal healing potions.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Albedo » Mon May 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Upon seeing an Elf one, Albedo takes it and then browses over to the classes, looking among the mage type potions.
TFs I Like

Why not us?
Albedo
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon May 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Ah, yes also the usual currency around here is the hl or hel if you will. Its a common currency of the underworld but most shops will accept whatever.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Alchemist » Mon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm

"Thank you sir, great doing business with you," answers the alchemist to Raleigh with a nod.

He looks over toward Gustav. "Eh, chemist potions're bad for business. Let somebody use one and they think they can make good potions, they fail to pay attention to the first rule of alchemy and just make a botched batch and give legit alchemy a bad reputation. Should be able to find those others somewhere around here, though..." (Enough effort put into searching will indeed lead Gustav to one or both of them.)

Albedo finds plenty of mage-types scattered around. Witch, sorceress, white mage, black mage, nature mage, druid, necromancer...
Alchemist

Postby Albedo » Mon May 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Al reaches for a sorceress potion, he also grabs one for a princess for good measure. He then takes them to a desk.

Al's shopping cart:
Pokemon potion X2
Elf potion
Sorceress potion
Princess potion
TFs I Like

Why not us?
Albedo
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Feng » Mon May 02, 2011 9:47 pm

"Ah..." says Gustav, clearly disappointed. "Very well, I guess I'll go with one of these then," he says subconsciously grabbing a White Mage potion and walking up to the counter. "How much for this and three X-potions?"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Mon May 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Alchemist wrote:The bottles are all made of clear glass; Don can easily see a thick blue liquid inside the one he's holding, which would obviously be the potion inside. The cloaked clerk answers, "Well, I thought this place might have a market for masculinity potion, so I went and tried to make up a huge batch of it. But through no fault of my own, the batch got tampered with while it was simmering overnight, and I didn't find out there was something wrong till the first person to buy one came back demanding a refund. Far as I can tell, most of those are temporary with time periods lasting anywhere from a month to a few minutes, and while some, wearing off, will just return you to whatever form you were in before, others tend to push too far in the opposite direction. Some of the other transformative potions I've got around here actually do produce male forms and were not tampered with, but I don't really remember which ones are which because I didn't think gender would be important information when I was labeling them."

He greets the other two customers by way of waving hello, but doesn't seem to bother talking.

"So basically you not sure which ones are which even within this shelf?" asked Don trying to figure out what the man was saying.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Alchemist » Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 pm

The alchemist scratches his head when Albedo gets up to the counter. "Where'd that come from?" he asks, pointing at the shopping cart. "I'm certain you didn't enter with that, but there weren't any in the shop either...bah, whatever. Let's just see the prices on those..." He hand-waves to make the prices appear; the Pokemon-potions are around $10, the Elf and Princess potions about $8, and the Sorceress potion a whole $20.

The alchemist pauses a moment at Gustav's question. "I don't think I have any potions labeled like that, but I guess they are pretty equivalent," he says. He hand-waves some more prices; and the healing potions are only about $2.50, while the White Mage potion is $20. "We do accept GP, if you happen to know the conversion rate," he adds.

To Don he comments, "I can give you my utmost assurance that all the potions on that shelf will increase a person's masculinity for some period of time. I just can't tell you how long, or guarantee you'll return afterward to the same form you were in before taking the potion."
Alchemist

Postby Feng » Tue May 03, 2011 2:27 pm

"Hmmm... Will this do?" asks Gustav, placing 20,000 GP on the table.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Albedo » Tue May 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Albedo takes out the money requested and lays it down. He smiles as he has no problem with that, yay conversiOn rates~
TFs I Like

Why not us?
Albedo
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Alchemist » Tue May 03, 2011 7:37 pm

"Certainly," says the alchemist, taking the money from both of them. Gustav's amount is probably more than the $27.50 he owed, but the alchemist doesn't mind taking a bit extra.
Alchemist

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse