Devilsh Deals Made Easy

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Devilsh Deals Made Easy

Postby Raleigh » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:11 am

*Raleigh has again set up a simple looking stand akin to what a child might use to sale lemonade. He is sitting behind it with an oddly bemused expression on his face rather than either a smirk or a frown.* Okay, I just have to test this and see if it will actually work. Hild had assured me that people actually walk into it eyes opened enough to get me curious. Still, I don't think this as fun as using trickery.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Devilsh Deals Made Easy

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue May 03, 2011 10:34 am

Utsuko wanders by, notepad in hand!

"So, no luck yet?" she asks, noting the cobwebs that seem to be developing on the stand.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Tue May 03, 2011 10:37 am

A wild Gustav Appears!

The blue mage walks up to the lemonade stand with an expression of confusion on his face.

"So... What is this place exactly?" O_o
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue May 03, 2011 10:58 am

Not until just now. Anyone ever told you that you are lucky?

More or less what it looks like. You make a request and it will be granted but in exchange you will pay for it through some means. I'm not exactly going to take your soul but depending upon what you want I might sign you up to serve me after you die. Keep in mind though that I will grant you most anything you desire in exchange. If you desire money, power, women, men, cars, knowledge, or whatever I can get it for you easily enough.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Feng » Tue May 03, 2011 11:14 am

"When I die, eh?" says Gustav mumbling to himself as vivid memories of him getting the snot beat out him by Goblins, Bombs, Marlboros and Sprites flash through his head. "Out of curiosity what constitutes death to you? What happens if someone uses a Phoenix Down for example?"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue May 03, 2011 11:46 am

Nice, someone who asks the question ahead of time. That wouldn't count really as I will only take you after something happens from which there is no recovery after death. Say your entire body was vaporized or lost at the bottom of the sea or the like for instance. I will take you if you commit suicide though no matter what as I see that as a signal you are ready to serve. I let it slide once for someone and I won't do it again. Keep in mind you can eventually earn release from my service too after this and will either be allowed to pass on to stand before Yama or reincarnation depending on what you have achieved.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Feng » Tue May 03, 2011 11:48 am

"So if my body gets crystallized, you get my soul then yes?"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue May 03, 2011 11:51 am

You mean like if you complete the focus of a fal'Cie like a L'Cie? Yes, I would get it then I do believe though when you are released from the sleep again I would probably put your soul back in your body at that point instead and if you haven't completed serving me recollect it when you finally die.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Feng » Tue May 03, 2011 11:57 am

"Actually I was referring to what happens when one's death counter reaches zero after getting knocked out in combat. That happened to a colleague of mine back home who was a Time Mage. At least I got to learn float from him so his death wasn't in vain. Plus it was a much happier fate compared to my other colleague whose girlfriend got a bad case of the Morbol virus... Learning Bad Breath that way was certainly not worth it."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue May 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Ah, that crystal. Yes that would mean I get you then without a doubt as the body is lost or would usually. Since death isn't quite so permanent here there might be, depending upon circumstances, a way around that issue while here. Back in your own world though I would get you without a doubt.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue May 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Raleigh wrote:Not until just now. Anyone ever told you that you are lucky?

Utsuko blinks. "Oh, no, they haven't!" She laughs a bit bashfully. "Awww, I'm lucky? I'll have to tell Yuugi!"

Noticing the deal going on, she whips out her notepad and starts taking notes!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Tue May 03, 2011 1:24 pm

"Well I suppose I would still be dead. I am sure a mage of your caliber could still collect my soul anyways, right? But why would I want to make a deal with you anyways? What could you offer me that would make me want to take such a risk?"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue May 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Pretty much anything my friend. Keep in mind lesser boons will cost much less though. I might only take an emotion or one of your senses or something depending upon what you want.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Feng » Tue May 10, 2011 6:48 pm

"I don't suppose you could help me with my studies then, could you? I've been looking for certain creatures to learn techniques, yet my skill is way to low to defeat them. I've obtained some power from this one tattoo place but these beasts are still beating me..." -_-
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue May 10, 2011 8:19 pm

I could indeed through several means. I could give you a stat boost which would cost little more than perhaps one other stat in exchange or one of your senses or I could offer to be a traveling companion who would aid you in your fights which would cost quite a bit more running into the realm of possibly some of your memories.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to the Muffinverse