Star Field

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Star Field

Postby Miku-chan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:47 pm

((Looks like things are gonna get interesting...;)))

*Delphi's sensors pick up the launch from the surface...*"Looks like someone down there is curious...Here is the frequency encryption for the cloak transponders Raleigh" Delphi says as a black and pearl data chip materializes in her avatars hand. She hands it to Raleigh..."Looks like I got entertainers to book as well as some Privateers to design as well, all for the greater entertainment good. Might make for good reality TV on Channell Zero as well."
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Miku-chan wrote:((Looks like things are gonna get interesting...;)))

(( Oh, probably not... XD ))

The Heavy Lift Vehicle is really just a glorified transport, used for the bulk transport of materials from the surface into orbit. As it finally reaches low orbit, it meets up with one of the CTC's orbital tugs. The two ships begin deploying what looks like structural materials.

Meanwhile, Raleigh's cloaked wormhole does get a few passing scans from some of the CTC ships in orbit.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Ebony: Most likely. Who doesn't like a bit of adventure and a chance to travel even if it costs a small fee. He's set in motion similar events before at the cost of people's emotions or the like so a bit of money shouldn't be such a loss. I believe the boss is also going to arrange for them to visit a developing world. By the way, how would you like to be a goddess?
Raleigh: Ah, good that you will be signing on Konoko. About what is your capacity for boarders? Rin is getting settled in I believe. I have worked over her code to allow her to be a bit more 'real' as it where as well as having access to magic now. Not entirely unlike some of what has been done for the others. Heh. *Accepts the pearl.* Excellent. As always a pleasure to work with you since you are rather quick with the arrangements.

*Waves at the CTC vessels.* Hey you lot. What are you doing? *Naturally his call comes across on their communications equipment since they likely still believe space to be a vacuum.*
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:52 am

"Um... I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by boarders." Konoko said, scratching her head a bit as she sweat-dropped. "I'm glad to hear that Gin is doing really good."
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:15 pm

I mean how many people can you carry at one time.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 pm

"Hmm... never really considered. I know I can expand the inside of my ship form to make it hold more people. Though, I think the best amount would be... like... 30?"
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Raleigh wrote:*Waves at the CTC vessels.* Hey you lot. What are you doing? *Naturally his call comes across on their communications equipment since they likely still believe space to be a vacuum.*

(( *forces Raleigh to watch Planetes, in order to try and convince him to follow a more hard-SF paradigm :P* ))

The crew of the two spacecraft seem rather startled to have an unknown voice hail them! Raleigh can tell that there's a few minutes of panic and confusion as they notify the ground control... who then passes the message along the CTC's communications network (which is, admittedly, fairly formidably protected, even for Raleigh's resources).

"Who... who are you?" one of the crew members asks, while they wait to find out what their command thinks.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:40 am

((Technically the archaic philosophy of space being several layers of the heavens above Earth at the center of the universe is closer to the truth from Raleigh's perspective than hard science. Keep in mind he is an ancient magical creature so to him those things are just as true as the modern sciences. Besides, when you are closer to being an image projected rather than an actual part of the environment its easier to disregard such things. This is part of why he can't swim as for him he has to treat water as either immaterial like air or material like the earth. Space is whatever material he views it as. ((Mythological Back ground info: To him space is actually a black flame like substance.))))

You would think I would be in the CTC database at this point. I know I don't always wear the same form but surely some of my observable energy patterns is on hand. The name is Raleigh.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:32 am

"Maybe they have some newbies?" Konoko asked, giving a shrug of her holo-shoulders.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miku-chan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:50 am

Ebony wrote:Ebony: Most likely. Who doesn't like a bit of adventure and a chance to travel even if it costs a small fee. He's set in motion similar events before at the cost of people's emotions or the like so a bit of money shouldn't be such a loss. I believe the boss is also going to arrange for them to visit a developing world. By the way, how would you like to be a goddess?

">Snicker<...I guess that's true, but how many of them do you think would sell themselves into slavery at Purria or Nimbus before realizing the contract length is one feline lifespan out of three?" Katy smiles at her joke then her eyes go wide at Ebony asking her if she wants to be a goddess..."ME!!! a goddess??? What would I do as a Goddess? Be in charge of travelers and hospitality? No offense Ms. Ebony, but those are all I know and only thanks to mother taking me in as she did. Still..." she sits to ponder what has been asked...
KonokoHasano wrote:"Hmm... never really considered. I know I can expand the inside of my ship form to make it hold more people. Though, I think the best amount would be... like... 30?"

"How about if you had several sunspace folds within your structure? Could you handle the weight field of 50 or 60?" Delphi asks, then looks over to the CTC SHIPS..."Honestly, I thought all of us with spacer capabilities were in Ms Pleasants system at the least."
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:10 am

Raleigh wrote:You would think I would be in the CTC database at this point. I know I don't always wear the same form but surely some of my observable energy patterns is on hand. The name is Raleigh.

Miku-chan wrote:"How about if you had several sunspace folds within your structure? Could you handle the weight field of 50 or 60?" Delphi asks, then looks over to the CTC SHIPS..."Honestly, I thought all of us with spacer capabilities were in Ms Pleasants system at the least."

(( Hmmm... that's a good point. While the CTC do have a fairly comprehensive database, I hadn't stopped to consider that they would obviously make certain any teams entering the field would be debriefed with the most up to date information. Even a crew being prepped for a space launch would reasonably be informed as to current conditions in orbit, including the presence of notable entities and the like. Chalk it up to a failure of imagination on my part -- I haven't been the most attentive when posting lately. ^_^; ))

There's some minor discussion in the spacecraft's cabin, as apparently the novice who answered the comm is filled in on the situation by his comrades. Finally, an older man's voice responds to Raleigh. "Ahh... yes. Our on=board systems aren't sophisticated enough to discern your identity from your voice pattern," he explains. "And we're just an orbital tug, so we don't have sophisticated field detection gear either. At any rate, to answer your previous question, we're constructing a space platform."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 pm

"How about if you had several sunspace folds within your structure? Could you handle the weight field of 50 or 60?" Delphi asks, then looks over to the CTC SHIPS..."Honestly, I thought all of us with spacer capabilities were in Ms Pleasants system at the least."

"I probably could, though I've never really carried a lot of people on board, so I tend to be unsure of what I can do." Konoko answered, thinking about it.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:59 pm

No worries. I was just curious. You guys tend to not believe me when I show up a lot. Still, better than that lot of people who seem to think I can't cross into a deadland was.
Ebony: Well that is alright if you aren't sure at the moment. As for being over that domain I don't see why you couldn't. Keep in mind you will probably get a bit more combat knowledge in your no doubt now extended lifespan I'm sure. It almost is guaranteed.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Raleigh wrote:No worries. I was just curious. You guys tend to not believe me when I show up a lot. Still, better than that lot of people who seem to think I can't cross into a deadland was.

"Eh, that's all right, sir," the older spacer says. "A lot of us are still adjusting to how much some of what seems like it should be impossible is commonplace here."

Meanwhile, the CTC crews continue to work, establishing the central modules of their station from the components carried on board the heavy lift vehicle.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Previous

Return to the Muffinverse