Applied Metaphysical Engineering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Applied Metaphysical Engineering

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 am

Raleigh wrote:*The man nods his head.* That is what I was given to understand.

The silver-haired woman nods in response. "Well... I suppose they must be fairly busy." She takes a seat in the waiting room as well.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Vomica » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:50 pm

(Sorry about the four or five day delay. RL happened for a bit.)

Elliot gave a nervous little nod of her head as she was scooped up by Og-ra. She tugged and pulled on the short pink dress, although it would now be quite easy for everyone else to see that a diaper completed her humiliating outfit. She glanced towards Miccah as the girl and the man got into a debate about the right way to treat someone who appeared to be a little girl, but despite blushing brightly, she kept quiet, and instead squirmed a little to try and peer down the corridor.

The girl opens her mouth and looks about ready to say something... before closing it rather abruptly... She looks rather surprised by the clearly well thought-out rebuttal... that monocle isn't just for looks, it seems. o_o Still, she's not about to get caught up in a debate with the man... not when she's trying to stay on his good side, anyway. She's also having a hard time supressing a snicker, as the sight of the man carrying the little Elliot reminds her of a certain movie featuring a certain giant ape... "Now we just need the Empire State building..." she mumbles to herself, following closely behind the man~

Og-ra trots down the hallway and up the stairs, and upon reaching the end of it, points to the last door on the left. It's a huge wooden thing, or at least looks that way to the two children. The man says to the tiny cat girl, "...that's Sarah's office. She does all the paper work around here, sort of like the accountant and secretary... just go in and speak with her. Tell her that I already spoke with you. That should clean up any communications." He lumbers off, leaving Miccah staying by her lonesome in the middle of the hallway clutching all her documents. He then heads back down the stair case... and to the basement.

The basement has a harsh sterile feel to it. No sooner had Og-ra wandered through the double doors from the staircase, did Elliot get hit by a foreboding breeze -- in reality it's just air conditioning... but it the sharp difference is perhaps unsettling. He sets the girl down on the floor, and nods off in the forward direction "...Merah should be working in there. I'd take you there, but the front is left unguarded... and we do have other cilents. Adult clients to go see." The last bit might come off as slightly rude... ...anyways! Anyways the beast of a man wanders up the staircase again, and through the large metal doors. Elliot is left alone as well... but coming from the direction Og-ra indicated is some gentle humming... sounding much like the girl Elliot seeks.

The two kids have their obvious paths before them, but kids are kids, they might get curious... and wander. It's up to them!

An armored HMMWV pulls up into the parking lot outside of the building and comes to a stop. After a moment, a woman with long silvery hair, wearing a military uniform steps out. She takes a moment to adjust her clothing, and then walks inside, glancing about the waiting area for a receptionist.

Seeing none, but spotting the man in the business suit, she nods to him. "Greetings. This is Merah Metaphysical Engineering and Research, yes?" she asks him.

*The man nods his head.* That is what I was given to understand.

Eventually Og-ra reappears in the lobby once more. He glances at the woman, and then to the man, "Two? Well then, welcome! How may I help you two? Information? Or are you here to see someone?" He gives a bow, "...I am at your service." He re assumes his chair at his desk at that, the frame of the wooden furniture creaking beneath his massive bulk.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Vomica wrote:Eventually Og-ra reappears in the lobby once more. He glances at the woman, and then to the man, "Two? Well then, welcome! How may I help you two? Information? Or are you here to see someone?" He gives a bow, "...I am at your service." He re assumes his chair at his desk at that, the frame of the wooden furniture creaking beneath his massive bulk.

The silver-haired woman in the uniform nods towards the man with the suitcase. "This gentleman was here first," she explains, in case Og-ra is unaware of it.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:29 pm

*The man stands up and walks toward the desk pulling his case behind him.* Yes, I'm a sales rep from DrakeCorp. We have heard you were looking around for some knowledge extract and decided to introduce ourselves to your company to see if we can't help you with your required supplies.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Elliot's short legs were rather rigid as she stood with them apart due to her underwear, and turned her head to watching Og-ra lumbering back up to the lobby. She blushed, and wondered if the foreboding atmosphere was down to her new perspective on the world, as this wasn't where she expected to find the cute and cheerful little Merah at all. Tugging the back of her pink dress, she started to walk forward, her steps slow, and seemingly taking a deal of concentration. As the gentle humming grew a little louder, she did find it putting her slightly more at ease. The diaper she was wearing started to crinkle as she tried to hurry her pace, the gap between each noise shortening, the patter of her small shoes getting quicker until there was a sudden gasp and a slap as she tumbled down onto her hands and knees.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miccah » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Vomica wrote:Og-ra trots down the hallway and up the stairs, and upon reaching the end of it, points to the last door on the left. It's a huge wooden thing, or at least looks that way to the two children. The man says to the tiny cat girl, "...that's Sarah's office. She does all the paper work around here, sort of like the accountant and secretary... just go in and speak with her. Tell her that I already spoke with you. That should clean up any communications." He lumbers off, leaving Miccah staying by her lonesome in the middle of the hallway clutching all her documents. He then heads back down the stair case... and to the basement.

The two kids have their obvious paths before them, but kids are kids, they might get curious... and wander. It's up to them!

The small cat-girl pouts, and secretly makes a face behind the man's back as Og-ra disappears into the basement. She looks up at the rather imposing wooden door, before her eyes scans the unfamiliar surrounding- the almost eerie silence coupled with the rather spacious (to her) hallway rouses a small smidget of fear. And despite her almost overwhelming sense of curiosity (she is, after all, quite curious what exactly metaphysics is!), she decides that she'd rather seek out some company first. Reaching out asmall fist, she pounds on the door with all her strength... which... really isn't that hard at all, due to her build. She the stands back slightly, even as her knocks echo down the hallway.

"C'moonnn..." she grumbles, her somewhat spooked eyes looking around her nervously.
Miccah
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Vomica » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:41 am

The silver-haired woman in the uniform nods towards the man with the suitcase. "This gentleman was here first," she explains, in case Og-ra is unaware of it.

*The man stands up and walks toward the desk pulling his case behind him.* Yes, I'm a sales rep from DrakeCorp. We have heard you were looking around for some knowledge extract and decided to introduce ourselves to your company to see if we can't help you with your required supplies.

Og-ra gives the woman another bow, "...polite. I do like that in a person. I'll be with you as soon as this good sir has no longer need of me, m'lady." He then turns to the man in the suit, "...a supplier would likely, I assume, be much appreciated. There are various things I've been requested by my employer to procure, also some estimates on prices. She does however approximating the values off from her previous realities worth, thus they might be off..." He turns around, and proceeds to dig through the stuff on the desk for the list. He finds the notebook, and puts it in hand, before returning his attention to the man. He was distracted for a few moments, so perhaps either of the two had a chance to sneak off or do as they will.

Elliot's short legs were rather rigid as she stood with them apart due to her underwear, and turned her head to watching Og-ra lumbering back up to the lobby. She blushed, and wondered if the foreboding atmosphere was down to her new perspective on the world, as this wasn't where she expected to find the cute and cheerful little Merah at all. Tugging the back of her pink dress, she started to walk forward, her steps slow, and seemingly taking a deal of concentration. As the gentle humming grew a little louder, she did find it putting her slightly more at ease. The diaper she was wearing started to crinkle as she tried to hurry her pace, the gap between each noise shortening, the patter of her small shoes getting quicker until there was a sudden gasp and a slap as she tumbled down onto her hands and knees.

The humming does indeed get louder as she makes her epic journey! It sounds like some sort of song, tuneless perhaps, but strangely beatiful. Then Elliot manages to crash forward, and the humming stops. There is a moment of silence... then the light stepping of feet walking towards the toddler. Poking her head around the corner is Merah, who appears to be wearing a lab coat and welding goggles on her forehead. She pauses, and stares at Elliot for a moment.

The teenager gasps in disbelief, "...Elliot... how...?" Her stunned silence is shaken when she realizes the younger girl has fallen forward, and thus rushes over to help her! Merah goes to scoop Elliot up, "...doesn't matter! ...are you okay!?"

The small cat-girl pouts, and secretly makes a face behind the man's back as Og-ra disappears into the basement. She looks up at the rather imposing wooden door, before her eyes scans the unfamiliar surrounding- the almost eerie silence coupled with the rather spacious (to her) hallway rouses a small smidget of fear. And despite her almost overwhelming sense of curiosity (she is, after all, quite curious what exactly metaphysics is!), she decides that she'd rather seek out some company first. Reaching out asmall fist, she pounds on the door with all her strength... which... really isn't that hard at all, due to her build. She the stands back slightly, even as her knocks echo down the hallway.

"C'moonnn..." she grumbles, her somewhat spooked eyes looking around her nervously.

The door cracks open, and a woman in a rather official looking business suit appears in the door frame. She peers down at Miccah. Behind her a large office room can be seen, complete with an oak desk, chairs on both sides of it, and book shelves lining either side of the room. The far wall is a series of windows, with cream colored curtains pulled across them. With the hard wood and leather furniture, the office does have a particular sophisticated air about it.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:31 am

Hearing the lovely tune come to a stop, followed by the light footsteps, Elliot tried to quickly get back to her feet, but her rushing made things more difficult than they needed to be. With her palms set on the floor and her fingers spread, she wriggled her knees forward and rolled her heels back so her feet were flat on the floor too, but now her bottom was pushed straight up into the air. This was as far as she'd got when she felt the gentle arms picking her up. Despite her own predicament, the sight of Merah in her lab coat and goggles was just too cute, and Elliot smiled at her, "Hi... ", she said in a timid voice, before nodding her head. "Okay... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 am

*The man had remained in place as he was here to actually set up a business deal.* We are glad to possibly be of service. Shall I look over your list or would you prefer to just tell me some of the things you are looking for at the moment? I only ask because I don't know if you want others to know what you are looking for at this current time.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Vomica wrote:Og-ra gives the woman another bow, "...polite. I do like that in a person. I'll be with you as soon as this good sir has no longer need of me, m'lady." He then turns to the man in the suit, "...a supplier would likely, I assume, be much appreciated. There are various things I've been requested by my employer to procure, also some estimates on prices. She does however approximating the values off from her previous realities worth, thus they might be off..." He turns around, and proceeds to dig through the stuff on the desk for the list. He finds the notebook, and puts it in hand, before returning his attention to the man. He was distracted for a few moments, so perhaps either of the two had a chance to sneak off or do as they will.

As with the DrakeCorp representative, the woman was also here in a professional capacity... and as such, simply wandering around the facility while the receptionist was distracted would've been rather rude. Certainly it wouldn't put the CTC in a very good light. There was also the fact that Og-ra's professionalism and politeness were rather intruiging...
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Miccah » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:05 am

Vomica wrote:The door cracks open, and a woman in a rather official looking business suit appears in the door frame. She peers down at Miccah. Behind her a large office room can be seen, complete with an oak desk, chairs on both sides of it, and book shelves lining either side of the room. The far wall is a series of windows, with cream colored curtains pulled across them. With the hard wood and leather furniture, the office does have a particular sophisticated air about it.

The girl blinks, taking a step back in surprise initially before she gets a good look at the interior, as well as the woman standing right in front of her... Her sight goes temporarily past the woman as she looks into the room, eyes scanning the rather elegant decor and furnishing, before going back to the woman. She holds the look for a couple seconds, trying her best not to get intimidated- "Erm... h-hello..." She mutters, her voice pathetically weak despite her best effort; intimidated by the rather... 'official' atmosphere that seems to seep out from the room.
Miccah
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Vomica » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:33 pm

*The man had remained in place as he was here to actually set up a business deal.* We are glad to possibly be of service. Shall I look over your list or would you prefer to just tell me some of the things you are looking for at the moment? I only ask because I don't know if you want others to know what you are looking for at this current time.

As with the DrakeCorp representative, the woman was also here in a professional capacity... and as such, simply wandering around the facility while the receptionist was distracted would've been rather rude. Certainly it wouldn't put the CTC in a very good light. There was also the fact that Og-ra's professionalism and politeness were rather intruiging...

Og-ra peers at the man for a few moments, "...perhaps it would be better if I were to forward a list of your offerings to my employer? I'm sure that a meeting between herself and you, or another from your company, would prove ever more fruitful then an exchange between yourself and I. ...I, despite my abilities, am only granted so much authority and duties at the moment." He then glances at the woman, "...and how may I help you m'lady?"

Hearing the lovely tune come to a stop, followed by the light footsteps, Elliot tried to quickly get back to her feet, but her rushing made things more difficult than they needed to be. With her palms set on the floor and her fingers spread, she wriggled her knees forward and rolled her heels back so her feet were flat on the floor too, but now her bottom was pushed straight up into the air. This was as far as she'd got when she felt the gentle arms picking her up. Despite her own predicament, the sight of Merah in her lab coat and goggles was just too cute, and Elliot smiled at her, "Hi... ", she said in a timid voice, before nodding her head. "Okay... ".

Merah pulls the girl into a hug, and squeezes her gently. After a moment she relaxes the embrace, and looks the younger child in the eyes, and says in a serious tone "...Elliot. ...what happened to you? ...why are you...?" She ruffles the girls hair, and tugs on the little girl's dress "...wearing this git up?" Merah laughs, "It's cute! But I don't think it suits you!" Her laugh does trail off into a bit of a giggle at the end, and she adds rather quietly "...at least it's cute."

The girl blinks, taking a step back in surprise initially before she gets a good look at the interior, as well as the woman standing right in front of her... Her sight goes temporarily past the woman as she looks into the room, eyes scanning the rather elegant decor and furnishing, before going back to the woman. She holds the look for a couple seconds, trying her best not to get intimidated- "Erm... h-hello..." She mutters, her voice pathetically weak despite her best effort; intimidated by the rather... 'official' atmosphere that seems to seep out from the room.

The woman peers down at Miccah, "...hello? Can I help you young lady?" She bends down, and looks the girl in the eyes "...are you lost? Or are you delivering something?" She hmmps, "..you're kinda fuzzy. Maybe you're Og-ra's kid..."
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miccah » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Vomica wrote:The woman peers down at Miccah, "...hello? Can I help you young lady?" She bends down, and looks the girl in the eyes "...are you lost? Or are you delivering something?" She hmmps, "..you're kinda fuzzy. Maybe you're Og-ra's kid..."

She blinks, even shrinking back a little, the unblinking stare sending a tiny shiver down her back, causing her to forget about her objective temporarily... Until she finally shakes herself clear... Handing over the small stack of paper with both her hands, she dips her head slightly- "Hi, my name is Miccah... I'm here for... huh?" She perks her ears at the woman's statement... Somehow... something about the prospect of Og-ra even having a kid amuses her greatly... until her brain fully comprehends the sentence, causing a slight twitche to creep up her face- "I am not... Og-ra's kid... I am here... to apply for a job..." She half-twitches as she says, unsure if she should be offended, or burst into laughter... or even both.
Miccah
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:57 pm

*The man nods his head.* Of course. I understand. *He opens his traveling case and takes out a small data pad.* On this is a list of the various good and services we could provide to your company. Please see to it that whoever makes the decisions about such things gets a chance to look it over. It also contains our contact number should they decide to do business with us. *Closing up his case.* On that ground I shall leave for now. Good day to you my good man. *He hands over the data pad and turns to leave.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:40 am

A rather pained expression washed over Elliot's face as Merah asked the inevitable question, and she winced at the mental jolt it caused. "I wike being a good wittle girl and pwaying wid doth", she answered, looking deeply ashamed of how annoyingly hard to understand she'd become. The diaper crinkled as she squirmed and hid her face against Merah's shoulder when the little girl tugged on her dress.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse