News Bite...Council Election Update

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

News Bite...Council Election Update

Postby Miku-chan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:54 am

Council countdown...

Video and radio station WMFN and Delphi Media are responsible for these Productions and the opinions and views expressed here are not necessarily those involved...

Hello and greetings Muffinville and the independent states of Muffinverse. Well voting day is now here, and your votes will decide the fate of our fair city til the next council session. Here are some choice tidbits and spin doctored news bites of those running for the council...

Candidates: 

Penny...Incumbent/Half Genie... Penny is one of our current members seeking to remain on the council who is also the sheriff. Her pursuit of bad people and evil doers is only superseded by Boxergirl. As many of you will note, the theft of underwear is down currently, so her efforts seem to be working thus far. This term her focus may be allowed to drift towards education and child welfare issues since many of the new laws such as PEE and POOP have restore the rights of many Muffinites...

Sam...Canidate/ Adveturer/Catgirl...Not much can be said about the young catgirls current bid for public office except that she seems to be running on a concept of change and evolution. No one has seen or heard from this candidate since the announcements for those wishing to run, so it is possible she has been subjected to the machinations of o e of our less savory candidates...

Mike...Candidate/Aura Mage...Mike is one of our heroes for hire who takes great pains to ensure that his views on right and wrong are met on equal terms. Running on the 'Fix the small stuff' platform, his running shoes are already getting a workout...

Elliot/Ellie...Candidates/Hitman/service industry worker... two minds, one body. A unique individual with opposing views to each other, these two give new meaning to the term political in fighting. Being that the council has a Four person panel, this might be one time a fifth voice can be heard. These two have opposing views on everything except one thing and that is they both want to be in control...

FIMBULVETR...Candidate/world concourer...This candidate seems to be wanting to be taken seriously as a political dark horse and with her first arrival in Muffinville, her exercises in trying to control the city have been met with some...'Resistance'...With promises of being able to bring her vast resources to the aid of Muffinville crisis issues, she may have found the keystone to gaining the control she has been looking for...

Merah...Incumbent/Student...A small shy girl, Merah is another of our current council members who like Penny has help to oversee our current growth in safety thru act like PEE and POOP...

Tenko...Candidate/Old world Demi goddess...What can you say when a deity decides to run for public office in a mortal realm except 'Go for it, and Good Luck'. As a candidate for the council, she has the unique qualifications for the job...as long as her vanity and wanderlust are kept in check with tithings and proper offerings. Her manipulations of elemental magics  is only a small part of what she claims to be able to bring to bear in a council members capacity. And with that, remember to cast your votes and bring your offerings to the temple...

As you can see, this group of candidates is diverse and eclectic, but each brings a different perspective to the council as a whole. Cast your votes for those three you feel best represent your interests. For Delphi Media, this has been a Political update... 
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: News Bite...Council Election Update

Postby Miku-chan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:08 am

*Another broadcast lights up the video and audio stations of Delphi Media. A young pink haired girl can be seen sitting at a news desk...

"Good Morning. Well it is now the day after election day and the residents of the Muffinverse, as well as the council campaigners, all sit with baited breath awaiting the counts and verifications of those who will be out new council for the new term. The batch of campaigners we have for this wither session is one of the largest on record and many hopes ride on those who tossed their hat into the ring. We here at WMFN and Delphi Media express our hopes for all the candidates and wish them the best of luck in achieving their positions on the council. We will release the results to you in the community as soon as we have the final results. We now return you to our regular programming." and the music starts to play from the radios and a music video shows on the TV and Video monitors tuned in to the broadcasts...
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:43 am

*broadcast receivers acrossthe Muffin verse and netlike get a new signal...A green haired man sits at a news desk, a somber look on his face...*

"Greetings Muffindom. Today; I report to you of the political uprising taking place in our beloved home. It would appear that there was a silent write in campaign that corrupted the political process and not only lead to the usurping of the council control, But also resulted in the mysterious death of several sock puppets who were representing the said corruptive of the process. We here at Delphi Media await the interviews with those remaining council members not killed in the uprising after the announcements of the new council membership. Please stay tuned for more on this breaking situation..."
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 am

You know what? People have been too damn impatient....
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 am

Meh, not all that much considering in this day and age most election results are known before even a third of the people voting have been tabulated. The news just plays it up like its anyone's race when the results are already known before the polls are even closed.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:38 am

Well, it's not like the Council actually does much... and Sockpuppetgate was amusing :3
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:59 pm

I think getting shadell to post again is far more important than a council that basically does nothing.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Lian wrote:I think getting shadell to post again is far more important than a council that basically does nothing.

Just wondering is all. I mean no ill or anything but what was the original idea for the council anyways? [/honesttogoodnessquestion]
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Kether » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 pm

To have no real power or enforcement issues because Xia thought it was funny
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Lian wrote:To have no real power or enforcement issues because Xia thought it was funny

Oh okay. I was thinking along those lines to but just wanted to make sure.

Good thing orange is a favorite color of mines. haha
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Maiden Miki wrote:Just wondering is all. I mean no ill or anything but what was the original idea for the council anyways? [/honesttogoodnessquestion]

As far as I know, the Council was basically intended as a sort of roleplaying plot device, something that might help people come up with new RP ideas. Given that a few occasional Council-related RPs do turn up (such as Lian's little coup :P), it seems to have been somewhat successful, at least.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:42 pm

*pooooooooooooooookes mischa*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Lian wrote:I think getting shadell to post again is far more important than a council that basically does nothing.

I kinda agree. Seeing Shadell make some posts is a lot more interesting and amusing. XD

Ah, but the council did do some things in the previous running. It's just that the council did things during the first month or so and kind of basically drifted off after that. ^_^;;
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miku-chan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:40 pm

It was fun though, wasn't it...I mean rearly the PEE and POOp act are only topped by the SPEW, DUMP and GORE bills waiting for the council this season...oh thats right, the brotherhood got caught rigging the balot box...;)
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Raleigh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:00 pm

What was the Gore act going to do as I think I missed that one?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to the Muffinverse