A strange new hospital...

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: A strange new hospital...

Postby Maiden Miki » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:29 pm

"Yeah. The same thing as she said. I am seeing something spiritual here as well," said Mike as he tries to see if he is getting the same thing from the nurse manning the desk. "Your staff wasn't very helpful."

"If you are answering questions young miss," said Don as he place a hand on his blade. "Mind answering why this place has such high security."
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Blindsense » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 pm

"Oh dear... you have the sniffles!"

The nurse takes out a loaded syringe and tries to stick Lance in the arm with it!

Lance eeps, the thermometer falling out of his mouth as the needle jams into his arm. He curses rather loudly before adding, "What the HECK was that for, lady?"
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:51 pm

((Stupid World of Warcraft...))

Dact heads up to the receptionist! "Ah, hello there... I was just walking by and saw this facility... It looks a bit out of the ordinary." He glances around. "I dont suppose your just a normal hospital, are you..."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 pm

".... What do you mean something bad would happen?" he says looking confused by the doctors statements.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Miccah wrote:"Erm....." There is a long pause as the man scratches the back of his head, before finally making his response- "I... guess? I mean, if you have some sort of in house training or something, that would be great."

"Oh, we do, Mister..."

The doctor checks his resume.

KonokoHasano wrote:"I'll take that as a compliment." Ritsu said with a smile. "Besides, you can't blame a scientist for being curious and wanting to get to the bottom of a mystery, right?"

"Sorry about my sister, miss." Usagi said, giving a small bow to the woman.

"Quite all right dear."

The woman makes a gesture with her hand... and Ritsu's chair goes sliding out of the office, taking the girl with her! The door then slams shut and locks.

"Since you are so polite, I will tell you. Her scientific curiosity will have to wait and hear it from you."

Maiden Miki wrote:"Yeah. The same thing as she said. I am seeing something spiritual here as well," said Mike as he tries to see if he is getting the same thing from the nurse manning the desk. "Your staff wasn't very helpful."

"If you are answering questions young miss," said Don as he place a hand on his blade. "Mind answering why this place has such high security."

The nurse looks at the two.

"This is a hospital. Working here is a stressful job. And take your hand off your sword or I will take it away from you."

Blindsense wrote:Lance eeps, the thermometer falling out of his mouth as the needle jams into his arm. He curses rather loudly before adding, "What the HECK was that for, lady?"

"Don't worry, I'm a doctor!"

Lance feels a chill... did someone turn down the AC?

Knight Errant wrote:((Stupid World of Warcraft...))

Dact heads up to the receptionist! "Ah, hello there... I was just walking by and saw this facility... It looks a bit out of the ordinary." He glances around. "I dont suppose your just a normal hospital, are you..."

[I agree, WoW is stupid.]

"No we are not. Mister..." the receptionist says.

Zoey wrote:".... What do you mean something bad would happen?" he says looking confused by the doctors statements.

"Like, to be able to help people better at the cost of your own suffering or your own inconvenience. Would you do it?" the doctor asks.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blindsense » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:30 pm

"Don't worry, I'm a doctor!"

Lance feels a chill... did someone turn down the AC?

It doesn't take long for Lance to break into a fit of shivers - but then, since was shirtless in a sterile doctor's office with a cold metal disk pressed up against his chest moments before, that wasn't too surprising. "...If you say so, Doc," he replies, clearly not convinced.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:38 pm

"Quite all right dear."

The woman makes a gesture with her hand... and Ritsu's chair goes sliding out of the office, taking the girl with her! The door then slams shut and locks.

"Since you are so polite, I will tell you. Her scientific curiosity will have to wait and hear it from you."

"What? Hey! That was unfair you know, you jerk!" Ritsu shouted as she banged a fist on the door for a moment. She then stopped and turned around. "Hmph, guess I'll just figure out later or something." She muttered as she started walking away from the door, deciding to head back downstairs."

Inside, Usagi gave a nod as she sat there in silence.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 pm

"So... mind telling me what your here for then?" He asks curiously...
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Maiden Miki » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:51 pm

Blaze wrote:The nurse looks at the two.

"This is a hospital. Working here is a stressful job. And take your hand off your sword or I will take it away from you."

"That I understand but a simple answer would have worked," said Mike as he then turned around and was about to try to help Ritsu but it was too late. He looked at the nurse and at once tries to read her. "What was that for? She was only asking simple questions which was what you wanted."

"Sorry young miss but it is a habit," said Don as he slowly put his hands to his sides. "Now answers since we asked you questions."
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Zoey » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 pm

"Well... I know their long nights and the physical exhaustion. If you mean that, well of course!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Miccah » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Blaze wrote:
Miccah wrote:"Erm....." There is a long pause as the man scratches the back of his head, before finally making his response- "I... guess? I mean, if you have some sort of in house training or something, that would be great."

"Oh, we do, Mister..."

The doctor checks his resume.

The resume is woefully short, as previously mentioned! It would appear that the man has only recently graduated from a local college and is seeking employment. He has had little past work experience, though he has worked as a volunteer worker in various places, which might say something about him as a person. He doesn't seem to have done any study in the medical area, which might be a problem... IF this is a normal hospital.

Stephen sweat-drops a little, swallowing hard as the doctor reads his resume, fiddling his thumbs~
Miccah
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:54 pm

Blindsense wrote:It doesn't take long for Lance to break into a fit of shivers - but then, since was shirtless in a sterile doctor's office with a cold metal disk pressed up against his chest moments before, that wasn't too surprising. "...If you say so, Doc," he replies, clearly not convinced.

As he shivers, something happens. It's not like he starts feeling warmer. More like... he stops noticing the cold.

KonokoHasano wrote:"What? Hey! That was unfair you know, you jerk!" Ritsu shouted as she banged a fist on the door for a moment. She then stopped and turned around. "Hmph, guess I'll just figure out later or something." She muttered as she started walking away from the door, deciding to head back downstairs."

Inside, Usagi gave a nod as she sat there in silence.

Back downstairs, she may spot a bunch of medics rushing alongside a stretcher! A woman bleeding heavily is lying on it.

As for Usagi, the woman smiles to her.

"Now dear, what are your questions?"

Knight Errant wrote:"So... mind telling me what your here for then?" He asks curiously...

"We are just setting up a branch of our organization here." the woman says.

Maiden Miki wrote:"That I understand but a simple answer would have worked," said Mike as he then turned around and was about to try to help Ritsu but it was too late. He looked at the nurse and at once tries to read her. "What was that for? She was only asking simple questions which was what you wanted."

"Sorry young miss but it is a habit," said Don as he slowly put his hands to his sides. "Now answers since we asked you questions."

THe woman looks at the two.

"Excuse me? I am under no obligation to answer any questions of yours. You march into my office in my hospital and start pestering me and I have to answer? That little girl was rude, but you two are on a whole new level."

She stands up, glowing with a golden light.

"Now, either you two clean up your act, or I will have to eject you both from the grounds."

Zoey wrote:"Well... I know their long nights and the physical exhaustion. If you mean that, well of course!"

"You are not getting it..."

She sighs.

"Imagine if you will, someone offered a way fro you to be able to help people, in exchange for a personal sacrifice of some kind. Not extra hours or anything, but something you can never get back if you give it up. Would you take it?"

Miccah wrote:The resume is woefully short, as previously mentioned! It would appear that the man has only recently graduated from a local college and is seeking employment. He has had little past work experience, though he has worked as a volunteer worker in various places, which might say something about him as a person. He doesn't seem to have done any study in the medical area, which might be a problem... IF this is a normal hospital.

Stephen sweat-drops a little, swallowing hard as the doctor reads his resume, fiddling his thumbs~

The doctor smiles at Stephen.

"And how about you? Would you do it?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blindsense » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:59 pm

As he shivers, something happens. It's not like he starts feeling warmer. More like... he stops noticing the cold.

The shivers suddenly subside as Lance relaxes a bit. He felt... Decidedly normal. "Well, erm. That's... Not too bad, I guess."
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zoey » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:02 am

"...And... What would this something be?" asked a very scared man who's papers would name him by Noah. A 24 year old certified nurse. He looked at the female doctor trying not to show any weakness, but this was really getting creepy.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:05 am

Back downstairs, she may spot a bunch of medics rushing alongside a stretcher! A woman bleeding heavily is lying on it.

As for Usagi, the woman smiles to her.

"Now dear, what are your questions?"

Ritsu blinks a little as she watches this. A little curious, she begins to walk around the hospital a little. More for passing the time than anything.

"Ah... well, we were just wondering why the hospital has a large concentration of spiritual energy and all that." She answered simply. "That's all, really." She then blinked at what Mike and Don said, and then again at the woman starting to glow.

"I do kind of agree with her." Usagi said, looking at Mike and Don. "Ritsu's alright and just got ejected from the room is all. If you start trying to demand things, especially when you're the guest of someone, it kind of doesn't turn out well."
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse