Niflheim Industries Now Hiring!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Niflheim Industries Now Hiring!

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:23 am

Somewhere in Muffinville, another large shiny building has popped up seemingly overnight! This one is all cold steel and frosted glass with a snowflake atop it, overlooking the city. Not a whimsical snowflake either, but a pointy, sharp. harsh-looking one. Written above the frosted glass door entrance is the words 'Nifelheim Industries' with a bunch of small runes underneath it that read the same thing.

All over the cities, advertisements announcing that they are hiring have been spread. You couldn't step outside without seeing a billboard or a flier advertising it. They were all over the television and radio waves too. Though they were cagey about what Niflheim industries did exactly, they said they represented, 'the relentless advancement of the multiverse.'

So, who will answer the ads?!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Niflheim Industries Now Hiring!

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:34 am

A Muffinville police car pulls up outside the building, and out steps a young woman in the navy blue uniform, consisting of short dress, heels and police hat, with a gun hanging from her belt alongside a pair of handcuffs. The badge pinned to her chest had 'Officer Eclair' engraved into it. Strolling up to the frosted glass doors, she makes her way inside. "Hello?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:28 am

Well this is something to look into. *Begins to read what runes are on the design to see if they indicate anything while meandering toward the building.* At any rate I think I will be applying to work here.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 am

Ryu Koshiba makes his way inside the building and gives a look around. He was quite interested in the sound of things going on.

He was a bit wary about seeing a police officer, but calmed himself.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:A Muffinville police car pulls up outside the building, and out steps a young woman in the navy blue uniform, consisting of short dress, heels and police hat, with a gun hanging from her belt alongside a pair of handcuffs. The badge pinned to her chest had 'Officer Eclair' engraved into it. Strolling up to the frosted glass doors, she makes her way inside. "Hello?".
Rei H. wrote:Well this is something to look into. *Begins to read what runes are on the design to see if they indicate anything while meandering toward the building.* At any rate I think I will be applying to work here.
KonokoHasano wrote:Ryu Koshiba makes his way inside the building and gives a look around. He was quite interested in the sound of things going on.

He was a bit wary about seeing a police officer, but calmed himself.

Inside, they find a large white, tiled room with two elevators at the back and a circular desk in the middle. The desk is manned by a maid. She smiles at the group.

"Welcome! Are you here about the jobs?"

The way her lips move and the words she says don't synchronize properly...
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Victorious » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:00 pm

The advancement of the multiverse...huh?

An eyebrow already arched, Victor enters the new building with understandable caution--where he came from, these things took time to build, after all. Still...it sounded promising. According to some, he might have come from another...dimension. And if nothing else, well...maybe he could pick up a small odd job to help his monetary woes.

"Er--I am!"

Raising one hand awkwardly to the maid, Victor glances to the others. Was this a good idea?
Victorious
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Ryu gives a nod as he observes the maid. "I found myself curious about it, so I decided to stop on by since I'm in the need of a job."
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Your motif interests me plus I might be amused working here for a time. What positions are available?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Miccah » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Miccah grumps, and lets out a big sigh~ It has been quite a while now since her rather dramatic entrance to the city of Muffinville, and the subsequent chain of events that led to her being stuck in her current form of a young cat-girl... And, despite the insistance of her new 'landlords', she has been busy trying to find a job so she may properly pay for her own expenses-

"... you know, in a world where a good number of people get randomly turned into little girls... they sure are picky about whom them employ..." She grumps, after being turned down for the nth time in a row- "I can do heavy lifting!" She shakes a fist at the said shop... before one of the fliers hit her squarely in the face.

"What the...?" She blinks and peels it off of her face... and starts to read- "Well... this sounds dark and omnius... Almost as much as my old job..." She ponders as she starts to make her way to the steel structure down the street, it can't hurt to try, no?
Miccah
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Victorious wrote:The advancement of the multiverse...huh?

An eyebrow already arched, Victor enters the new building with understandable caution--where he came from, these things took time to build, after all. Still...it sounded promising. According to some, he might have come from another...dimension. And if nothing else, well...maybe he could pick up a small odd job to help his monetary woes.

"Er--I am!"

Raising one hand awkwardly to the maid, Victor glances to the others. Was this a good idea?
KonokoHasano wrote:Ryu gives a nod as he observes the maid. "I found myself curious about it, so I decided to stop on by since I'm in the need of a job."
Rei H. wrote:Your motif interests me plus I might be amused working here for a time. What positions are available?

THe maid indicates the elevator on the right, her smile a bit too wide for her face.

"Please enter the elevator. It will take you to the correct floor."

Miccah wrote:Miccah grumps, and lets out a big sigh~ It has been quite a while now since her rather dramatic entrance to the city of Muffinville, and the subsequent chain of events that led to her being stuck in her current form of a young cat-girl... And, despite the insistance of her new 'landlords', she has been busy trying to find a job so she may properly pay for her own expenses-

"... you know, in a world where a good number of people get randomly turned into little girls... they sure are picky about whom them employ..." She grumps, after being turned down for the nth time in a row- "I can do heavy lifting!" She shakes a fist at the said shop... before one of the fliers hit her squarely in the face.

"What the...?" She blinks and peels it off of her face... and starts to read- "Well... this sounds dark and omnius... Almost as much as my old job..." She ponders as she starts to make her way to the steel structure down the street, it can't hurt to try, no?

As she enters, she may see the others, as well as the robot maid!

"Why hello there cutie~!"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Miccah » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:57 pm

Blaze wrote:As she enters, she may see the others, as well as the robot maid!

"Why hello there cutie~!"

Miccah kinda just... freezes up on the spot... "C-cutie...?" She twitches slightly, but manages to shakes herself out of it. She gives the rest of the crowd a glance, though doesn't see anyone she would recognize, she's pretty new here, after all~

She turns her eyes back to the maid- "I'm here to... apply..." She says in her best 'grown-up' voice~

((My hand slipped and clicked submit too early... edited for complete post~))
Miccah
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Marky » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Seeing the fliers and billboards and such, Sam pauses and hms. "Maybe I can go and get me another job, nya~." She says, before heading over and into the building, taking note of the way it looks but not really paying much attention to it.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Victorious » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:41 pm

The phrase 'uncanny valley' is not one that Victor has ever been made familiar with...which is a pity, considering that it's the phrase that would be jumping to mind right now, just from looking at the made.
It's probably for the best he didn't see her well enough before to notice the suboptimal lip-syncing.

"Right...Well. Thank you?"

Turning, glad to be away from her, he heads to the elevator--this at least, was technology he was familiar with.
Victorious
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:22 am

THe maid indicates the elevator on the right, her smile a bit too wide for her face.

"Please enter the elevator. It will take you to the correct floor."

Ryu gives her a thanks and swiftly makes his way to the elevator. "... wait, this is automatically supposed to take me on up?"
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Raleigh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:58 pm

*Steps into an available elevator.* Well lets see what I've put myself in the middle of.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to the Muffinverse