Transformations I like/Dislike.

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Transformations I like/Dislike.

Postby Kether » Sat May 09, 2009 7:21 pm

*not here not here ignore this handle*

anyway after having a conversation with Dracos it has come to me that many of us have various "comfort zones" about Tfing. This in turn might lead to annoyances in rps and seeing someone as "better" or "Worse" because of matching comfort zones. That being the Case I am putting this up here so that people can put down what they are ok with, what they completely won't handle and so on.

This isn't meant to have RPish responses just statements of preference from the person behind the character.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Transformations I like/Dislike.

Postby Haylie » Sat May 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Personally, I refuse to do most hybrid or furry TF's. I'm okay with felines and certain canines, and am a bit iffy with foxes. That's about it.

I also don't like when a TG'd girl's features are over-exaggerated, like some pictures seen on DeviantArt, or when she is pregnant. I find it... odd.

Maybe I'm just picky.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Musashi » Sun May 10, 2009 5:35 am

Well, this is handy. :D

Likes: FtM ftw. Preferably boyishly cute, rather than manly. I like animal/human hybrid things, like catboys. And I'm pretty open to other things... I mean, hey, talking giant Canadian goose TF?! Sure, why not?! And female TFs are fine too, within the limits.

Dislikes: Bimbos, huge breasts, scantily clad-ness, pregnancy.
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Dracos » Sun May 10, 2009 12:19 pm

I suppose that for me it's more of a sliding scale, so my answer is more complicated...

My concerns when TFed are three fold; personality, control taken, and the avatar. (Assuming it's going to be forum-wide) What I become doesn't matter so much, be it an elf girl or an animate chia pet.

The personality is important because there are types of characters I like to play and am good at and those I am not. I like to play cheerful/energetic characters. I don't mind them being dunces, but for some reason I cannot pull off ditzes.

Control is likely the most important, because many people use TFs to dictate the other character's actions rather than merely what they become. Personally, I consider this to be only one short step away from god-moding, and then only if the TF was avoidable. This is because I believe dictating another's actions, such as through mind control, to be the clearest example of god moding as it literally presumes your control over the other character. TFs are often used as a direct substitute for mind control, effectively using the TF as an excuse to do so. Because of this, I don't like TFs that say things like "you will obey every command of X" or "you are loyal to Z." The less directly they dictate actions, the more acceptable they are as they move away from god moding towards simply defining personality.

Finally, if a TF is intended to change my avatar and be forum-wide, I am very picky concerning the avatar pic. I suppose I'm just a bit snobbish in this regard, but I like high quality art that has some emotion in it. Also, I do not like excessively large-breasted women. This is because I consider an avatar to be of vital importance; when I look at an avatar, I get a sense of the character's personality from that picture. It helps to keep me focused and it gives others a better idea of who this character is supposed to be... At least, that's how I look at it.
When the fate of the world is resting on your shoulders... How can you afford not to stop and get a massage?
Dracos
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby AshK » Sun May 10, 2009 6:14 pm

I pretty much don't have a problem with most transformations. I am not too fond of FtM, inanimate, excessive AR TF's and excessive AP TF's what I determine as excessive varies depending on the situation. I also do not like, undoing a TG transformation, unless a specific occasion demands it. So yeah I am pretty easygoing on TF's the only restrictions I have are listed.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Lanzerus » Sun May 10, 2009 11:25 pm

likes: regular TG, mild hybrid, ears and tails AT MOST, mild AR 10 years at most...mild AP 5-10 years AT MOST

dislikes : Furry...just....no...., AR younger than 5, AP over 30, Big-breat/over exaggerated, Bimbo/ditzy. UBER CHARACTER MIND REWRITING.

...you know now a bit more about me.
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Jacqueline » Mon May 11, 2009 4:24 am

Very nice explanation, Dracos. You put the mind control / godmoding issue in better words than I could have. I feel much the same way. In my case physical transformation is only limited to remaining humanoid and animate. I enjoy interesting hybrids and extreme age changes. Anywhere from 1 through 50 is okay for me.
I don't enjoy mental changes, because I'm really bad at playing characters I can't identify with. I don't mind interesting mental compulsions, like the need to pose sexily, or some particular way of speaking (I can't do accents very well, but I like 'rough' talk, or polite speech).

Memory overwrites I don't like. They ruin the character I made up, and give me a stranger in return. Instead, memory additions, letting the character remember who they are now supposed to be, without removing their knowledge of who they were, are good fun.
For me the joy in a transformation is playing a character that just got thrown into a completely alien situation. If they have their memories wiped to fit their new body, the situation is no longer unusual to them, and hence most of the fun disappears.

Personality alterations are a bit iffy... there are a few things that I like, and quite a lot I don't. In general terms, I don't mind an attitude change. Making them shy or outgoing or something like that. What I don't like are intelligence reductions (an increase would be fine, though I've never seen one of those) and especially changes to sexuality.
This is again the identification with my character thing. I'm bad at playing someone interested in guys, because I myself am not.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 am

TFs in general, unless my character finds it hilarious to go with for some reason or another (like the dog-falcon thing), and if the TF isn't intended to be permanent. I despise anything that changes the characters' minds without leaving some facets of the original intact.

I'm a cat person, and I try to have him stay as true to what I figure a cat could act like if one could speak a human's language. If I were more of a people person (as in 'sociable'), I'd probably do a better job portraying some of my more minor characters. As it is, I tend to avoid those situations whenever I can.

And I dislike transformations that tend to get a little too descriptive, as well.
Last edited by AmbushCat on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat May 16, 2009 9:31 pm

I like transformations that are well-written and original. Shallow copy-paste style with just a few bits changed to reflect an image, I dislike intensely. Thing is, the method or type of form doesn't have to be brand new to make a change original--it's all in how it's described. Description, narration is quite important to me. Of course, I also tend to like it when a transformation is written out--that is, each piece narrated--rather than instantly done or implied. "Poof you're this girl now" is boring to me, even if there's an interesting story around it, though it is better than the aforementioned badly-narrated types.
Oh, and wolves, dogs, and most other mammal-hybrids in general are a plus. (Like maybe a rat wouldn't be, but yeah..where can you find a ratgirl pictures anyway?)

The style of TF I don't like is when one's mind is totally rewritten, or when one is supposedly being punished for something relatively minor like being a jerk and breaking up with a girlfriend or such. If it's humorously or otherwise well-presented and doesn't include a major mental rewrite, maybe a change as punishment for other changes would be okay, but not likely a favorite of mine.
I also don't tend to be all that fond of inanimate-object transformations...even robots is pushing it a little for me (I found it rather hard to find good robogirl pictures, too). I'm really not a fan of AR, especially below puberty.
Last edited by Whatevr89532 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Dracos » Sun May 17, 2009 12:37 am

Here. And she's adorable. ^_^
When the fate of the world is resting on your shoulders... How can you afford not to stop and get a massage?
Dracos
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Well I won't bother pointing out the ones I do like since its more fun to watch people accidentally use them. However I can't say I mind most any of them except for any attempt to tamper with my character mentally. He might play along for a moment but it won't last. Beyond that open territory to do what you want.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Lucky » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:35 pm

I like Gothic, Creative Ideas, Furry, ect. (As long as there to a girl brain. Not to a Bimbo Brain.) Also are you can imagen I like living Doll TF's. I also like fun with mental changes. But they have to be done right. Like cheeck with the person 1st threw PM or MSN before trying it. Don't spring it on them like a ass hole.

I hate Inflation and bimbo. and I REALLY HATE explicit content.
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby dit-dah » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Dislikes: Big Breasted Girls
Likes: Demon TF, Angel TF, TG, inanimate, gothic, fancy dressing, AR, -girl TF.
dit-dah
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:28 am

Hello!

I really enjoy AR releated TFs. While I tend to prefer the lower end of the scale (sometimes -really- low), I don't really have a specific age I enjoy, as it's really about the embaressment of being made younger, smaller, less developed and generally less capable than those around me... so you can get that feeling from being 14 depending on the age of people around you, while other times you could be 6 and not get those feelings if others were even younger! I like the idea of being challenged with trying to then carry on whatever story or quest it was, while in that less capable form.

I -am- willing to try other things, I really am. I'm just a bit paranoid about people's impressions of me after a really dumb incident in a previous community, where I tried doing other types of characters for people, and then something came up... a role perhaps similar to our Avatar of Red here... which I thought I might get considered for, but oh no! I'd made -sexy- characters (for OTHER people's enjoyment!), so couldn't be thought of as fitting for that role. Honestly, if people wouldn't get bored with it, I'd love every TF that happens to me to be AR, but I know people -would- get bored, as I'm open to others, just... want people to know what I really enjoy, and consider to be my kind of TFs.

So... kind of open to anything but age progression I guess. I may not enjoy it, but willing to try. Although sometimes it will require me picking the right character to begin.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anamnesis » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Open to almost everything. If you poof TF, though, it's -over.-
Helel: It's not murder if the person is an idiot. <_<
<Helel> Zeiss is a god.
Anamnesis
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Next