-krssssssht-

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: -krssssssht-

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Anonymouse wrote:--CTC, A Rational Response--

There seems indeed to be brush more or less to the edge of the settlement! Plastic brush, of course, shifting slightly in the breeze. As far as the town itself, there are only a few figures moving around right now--A rather buxom young woman of average height with bleach blonde hair and a tight sundress--pink--that goes down to her mid-thigh. The man is fairly tall with a smile that's dazzling even through the binoculars, and short-cut brown hair. He's holding a bag of groceries.

As for the town itself--though the people seem normal...or, normal enough, it too appears to be artificial--plastic cars, plastic buildings, plastic streetlights. The closest buildings appear to be a few private homes, though presumably there's a grocery store nearby.

The squad of soldiers pauses as they near the community, hiding amongst some of the plastic brush. One can almost hear the silence as they stare at the scene, the plastic buildings, plastic vegetation, plastic streetlights and cars...

"... What the?" Private Leverett stammers, the slowest to realize what this portends.

"Damn," his sergeant mutters, catching on much quicker.

"Well... this changes things a bit," the doctor murmurs.

"Perhaps not as much as it could," Sergeant Meinhard says. "At least it seems unlikely that they'll react with hostility towards us, as a tribal village or hidden supervillain's lair might have. On the other hand, finding a sufficient technology resource to get back home will be more difficult."

"Well, there is still that enigmatic energy source," the doctor points out. "There's still good odds that it is being generated from an artificial source."

The sergeant nods. "All right, we might as well meet up with some of the locals. Everyone make certain your CRAVEN units are active and functioning properly. ED, make scans of the surrounding area for any airborne pathogens or transformative agents. The kid and me are pretty safe with our armor, but the doctor is rather exposed, so her safety is paramount."

The private glances at the sergeant quizzically, but nods and swallows nervously as he switches on his CRAVEN unit. There's a faint hum and shimmer of energy as reality warps around the four squad members, anchoring them in a reality in which most magic and transformative effects can't exist.

"All right, let's move out, team. Take point, Leverett, but I and the doctor will handle any talking."

The four members of the CTC move out from their concealment, walking into the community, and approaching the woman!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:26 am

*Sighs and smiles*
Well, thank you for your help... Don't think that I won't return the favor when I get outta this place.
*He nods to her and sits up from the table... and decides to switch his plan of attack. It was time to get some intel. He sneaks off to find some place to sneak into with his ninja prowess that looks... restricted. If such a place exists.*
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Anonymouse » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:50 pm

--Blaze, Chronicle of Magic--

The stone shines for a moment at the words, the light arcing over the stone, and time, for a moment, seems to freeze.
And then there is an explosion of light and fire! There's a ROAR, and she finds herself tossed into the air, still slowed--and the fire washes across her. The heat is intense, but she does not burn. Her clothing, however, is not so lucky. Her outfit is reduced quickly to ashes, her body protected only by the fire as she falls...but soon it begins to die down, a black and purple blouse and skirt settling onto her, a white cape draping over her shoulders, hair tying back into a ponytail, being topped off by a white hat, almost like a witches. As she settles to the ground, a staff finds itself out of the blue into her hands...black gloves wrapping over her hands at the touch, as a messenger bag tucks itself over her shoulder, leaving her like so.

--Chisame, Chronicle of Art--

The girl stares darkly at Chisame, hair dripping down partially in front of her face, drenched in paint.

"No."

The ground continues to rumble, as a chainsaw, massive and whirring rips from the ground next to Chisame!

"Art is surprise."

She shakes her head, pulling the hair our of her eyes.

"Art is shock and horror and blood."

--Merah, Chronicle of Smoke--

The girl runs off! At the very least she has a little direction now. The complex is a little busy, but though she gets a few looks, Merah makes her way back over and down to the garage.
And it's something to see--but she smells it before she smells it. There's a strong smell--like oil and burning, like invisible smoke. It smells a lot like the battlefield, actually--but more powerful somehow. Maybe because it's all in one room.
As for seeing the place--it's something like she might expect. There's a fairly standard looking parking lot to the side, with jeeps like the one that brought her here mostly, and a large round middle chamber, consisting of mainly two things, the first being fairly mundane patch jobs on damaged vehicles--from the jeeps again to ATVs, and even a beat-up looking tank.
The second being...autopsies, for lack of a better word. Strewn across the floor in something like ten or twenty pieces is a body, vaguely humanoid, made of tarnished metal, wires hanging ripped from the ends of its pieces, dried oil stains under the joints. One hands seems to have been replaced at some point by some sort of cannon, though it's not hard to this had put a bit of a strain on the metal.
There are other bodies too--each a bit different then the last. One seems to have had a complex series of mechanical tentacles. Another appears to have had six arms, each ending in a curved blade.

There are people working all around, though most appear to be somewhat hesitant to get too near to the bodies unless working directly on them. There's a brown-haired woman with slightly smoky goggles holding one of the creature's head in her both hands not far off--it's nearly two or three times that of a human's

--CTC, A Rational Response--

ED, for what its worth will sense an energy from the little town if it looks--not actively transformative...but clearly it, and the people in it were affected by something. It's similar in many ways to Blue, as a matter of fact, but there's something more...directed about it then normal. If the power source is near though, it doesn't appear--at least visibly--to be emanating from within the town.

Meanwhile, the woman blinks in clear shock at their approach--but the shock seems to vanish almost before it appears, melting into a warm smile. "Why hello there! We don't a lot of visitors!"

The man's smile echoes her own, teeth white. "Oh, my no we don't, not a lot of visitors here at all!"

The woman beams. "Oh, but where are my manners! I'm Peggy, and this is Kirk." She motions to the boy, sticking out her chest with a big grin. "Ever so nice to meet you."

--Mendo, Chronicle of Chance--

Leaving Entropy, the ninja goes for a stroll! Or a sneak, perhaps, as it were. The place is fairly busy-but hey, he's not completely useless! The sounds cover his movement, and he manages to find several possibilities--one that looks like a staff room, another security, another prizes, another management...
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:09 am

Blaze's eyes widen in shock... IN SLOW MOTION! she looks down at herself as the intense flames wash over her, not hurting but burning her clothes away! A blush creeps up her cheeks, but thankfully she gains some new clothes! she examines the staff in her hands before looking around.

"W-What was that?..."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Vomica » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm

The powerful repugnant smell of the workshop burns the girl's nostrils, and she covers her lower face with her arm for a few moments -- like someone blocking the light out with their hands from their eyes as they first wake up. Merah murmurs, "...that's not normal oil..." Turning her head around, she scans the work bay as she figures out what needs to be done -- her gaze falls onto that central area. Without waiting for anyone to acknowledge her, the girl makes her way down to that mechanical grave yard. As she gets closer though, her look of determination fades for one of curiosity -- her eyes going wide at the sights.

She can be heard murmuring, "...constructs inspired by bio-organic structures..." Trailing off there, occasionally she whisper phrases -- some being 'Intimidation', 'necessity', and 'mimicry' -- there are many other things she says. But regardless... she is too much in awe to make sense at the moment!
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 pm

The girl stares darkly at Chisame, hair dripping down partially in front of her face, drenched in paint.

"No."

The ground continues to rumble, as a chainsaw, massive and whirring rips from the ground next to Chisame!

"Art is surprise."

She shakes her head, pulling the hair our of her eyes.

"Art is shock and horror and blood."

She hops away from the chainsaw. "Nooooooo, art is beauty meant to amaze and garner giganto thought, silly. By the way, you definitely seem to have some issues."
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mendi-chan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 pm

*Figuring that management would have the most valuable intel, he tries to slip into the room unnoticed to find what he may.*
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Anonymouse wrote:--CTC, A Rational Response--

ED, for what its worth will sense an energy from the little town if it looks--not actively transformative...but clearly it, and the people in it were affected by something. It's similar in many ways to Blue, as a matter of fact, but there's something more...directed about it then normal. If the power source is near though, it doesn't appear--at least visibly--to be emanating from within the town.

Meanwhile, the woman blinks in clear shock at their approach--but the shock seems to vanish almost before it appears, melting into a warm smile. "Why hello there! We don't a lot of visitors!"

The man's smile echoes her own, teeth white. "Oh, my no we don't, not a lot of visitors here at all!"

The woman beams. "Oh, but where are my manners! I'm Peggy, and this is Kirk." She motions to the boy, sticking out her chest with a big grin. "Ever so nice to meet you."

Private Leverett is perhaps justifiably distracted by Peggy's rather attractive figure, but Doctor Serilde steps forwards, offering the pair a slight smile in greetings. "Ahhh, hello there," she says, nodding slightly to each as they introduce themselves. "I am Doctor Serilde, and this is Sergeant Meinhard, and Private Leverett, as well as our EDU robot here. We're an exploratory team with the URD, and we were investigating a certain strange energy signature coming from this area when we ended up separated from our companions and had some difficulties with our communications equipment. Do you know of any place around here that may be able to help us fix our equipment, or at least get in contact with the rest of our team?"

She casts a curious glance over the village. "Perhaps you could also tell us a bit about yourselves, and your community here. It certainly looks like an interesting place."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Anonymouse » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:28 am

As the last faint spark dies away, time seems to return to the world...but unfortunately answers to not--there is only a -KRACK- of the creature ahead of her tensing. It's certainly noticed her now!

Though the robots seem to be certainly worse for the wear, faint twitching may catch Merah's eye as she walks among them--nothing too major, just an arm jerking lightly out of the corner of her eye, or a finger convulsing, or the gentle half-spin of a bloodstained drill.

"--careful there!"

A voice cuts through the girl's contemplation, followed quickly by a hand on her shoulder--it's that brown-haired woman she'd seen before. A bit on the shortish side, with lightly tinted goggles and hair the color of cinnamon. She's frowning, but it's a different kind of frown then Shrapnel had been giving her.

"...What are you doing? Who are you?"

The weapon seems to growl at her escape, matching the girl's own.

"No one...no one appreciates my work!"

She runs a hand through her hair, the paint seeming to deepen to a dirty red as it touches her hands.

"Just...wait. I'll paint you a masterpiece..."

With that, she hurls a glob of the paint at Chisame's feet! It seems to -hiss- upon contact with the grass, burning at it like acid.

In he goes! This new body may take some getting used to still, but Blaze certainly seems to have made it a smooth machine. There are some cameras in the back hall, but nothing he can;t get past, soon finding himself in the manager's office. It looks...normal enough. No one's here right now.

--CTC, a Rational Response--

Peggy smiles and nods several times as the doctor speaks, but her eyes don't seem to show much any sign of recognition or understanding.

"Uhm..."

She blinks. "Well, I don't know about all that, it sounds awfully complicated! But you're all welcome here in Sublimation, of course! Why don't you join me an' Kirk for a nice lunch?"

She giggles, bouncing slightly. "After that, maybe I can take you to see Azurus?" She tilts her head. "She always knows what we should do!"
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:59 am

Blaze would love some time to look at herself, to see what the gem had done to her. But priorities! Taking her new staff, she points it at the beast and gulps, giving it a little waggle.

"Please work..."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:22 am

The weapon seems to growl at her escape, matching the girl's own.

"No one...no one appreciates my work!"

She runs a hand through her hair, the paint seeming to deepen to a dirty red as it touches her hands.

"Just...wait. I'll paint you a masterpiece..."

With that, she hurls a glob of the paint at Chisame's feet! It seems to -hiss- upon contact with the grass, burning at it like acid.

"Ah! um... I think you're trying to hurt me." Chisame said with a frown. Quickly, she grabs an easel and attempts to smack the girl with it.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Anonymouse wrote:--CTC, a Rational Response--

Peggy smiles and nods several times as the doctor speaks, but her eyes don't seem to show much any sign of recognition or understanding.

"Uhm..."

She blinks. "Well, I don't know about all that, it sounds awfully complicated! But you're all welcome here in Sublimation, of course! Why don't you join me an' Kirk for a nice lunch?"

She giggles, bouncing slightly. "After that, maybe I can take you to see Azurus?" She tilts her head. "She always knows what we should do!"

The doctor simply smiles at Peggy's rather vapid response. "I'm afraid we're not particularly hungry, due to having eaten some of our rations on the way here," she demurrs. "However, this Azurus you mentioned seems like they could be quite helpful! Could you take us to her now? We could have some lunch with you afterwards, when we feel more hungry."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:24 am

*Glancing over the room he looks for a computer, a file cabinet, a folder... anything that may look official. Maybe if he's lucky he'll be able to find something that looks shady that'll give him some clues as to where he is and how he can escape.*
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Vomica » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 pm

The woman might hear Merah murmuring something beneath her breath, and studying the twitching hulk with an insightful eye. But with the shout... Merah turns her eyes and locks her gaze to that of the woman's. The girl wears a face like a student might have when caught passing a note.

...quickly that guilty look fades, and the girl replies "...umm... I'm new here!" She says, "A woman named Shrapnel found me out in the wastes and..." Trailing off, she exclaims "Long story short I've been told to help out here." The girl gives a grin at that, as if it's totally the complete story. Really.
Vomica
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Tue May 01, 2012 4:54 pm

The staff seems to glow momentarily...and nothing happens. Nothing except for the creature breaking into a charge, getting almost to her, when--

"STORM SEEKER!"

The wind seems to twist into a spear--lodging into the beast's black back, before dissipating in a stream of black oil, which sprays across the courtyard, hissing and bubbling.

The girl from before is standing atop the school roof, looking to Blaze surprised, concerned and...excited?

"You have to yell the attack name!"

The girl is smacked, stumbling back as the easel snaps on her skull.

"I'm making--you--art!"

She growls...and seems to grow, , her body stretching unnaturally, soon towering above Chisame...a glowing orange orb centering in her stomach malevolently.

--CTC, a Rational Response--

Peggy smiles right back, sticking her chest out with a smile.

"Are you sure you don't wanna eat anything? The food here's bound to be better then dry ol' rations and stuff!"

Kirk gives a nod, his smile not changing.

"And uhm...Azurus is very par...partic..." She looks back to Kirk, for a moment, who speaks up.

"Particular."

"--Right, that!" She giggles. "My head's so silly sometimes. But uh. She probbay won't wanna see you just yet...if you don't want to eat, maybe I could like, show you guys around?"

She tilts her head to the doctor.

"Uh, guys and a girl, silly me!"

Peering around, the android spies..a computer console! It's off, but who knows what might lurk within?

The woman's eyebrows raise.

"^^ Is that right?"

She pauses, and slips between Merah and the closest machine.

"It's dangerous in here, you know. A little dangerous, at least. But you just walked right in, huh?"

She tilts her head slightly to the side.

"Have you ever seen anything like these before?"
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse