Somewhat Special Event: The Extras Talk Back!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Somewhat Special Event: The Extras Talk Back!

Postby AmbushCat » Wed May 10, 2023 8:08 pm

The way she explained it after the incident ended, it was in part because she had a long history of dealing with criminals. She figured that even if it was entirely on accident that I was swooning over him, he still had something to gain from the whole experience.

And looking back, I'd always been suspicious of others, even if they seemed friendly. Aldonza knew this, and the fact that I wasn't giving him the same cold shoulder... *clears throat* ...so to speak... anyway, it was setting off some alarm bells in her mind.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu May 11, 2023 11:16 pm

Mm, I think I get it... *Sassafras nods.* So, what did end up happening, then?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed May 17, 2023 9:33 pm

We eventually reached the dark elf village. Marketplace was completely empty, and everyone was holed up indoors. Couldn't even get a room at the local inn.

We looked around in one of the local buildings and found someone that we thought was willing to help us, but ended up luring us into a trap instead. Dropped us into a maze beneath the village. I twisted my ankle when I landed, but before Aldonza could heal me, the thief beat me to it. *scowls* Then, while I was smitten with floating hearts and lots of pink, the thief swiped half the gold that was in my coin purse.

Aldonza had been putting up with his presence until then, but when she found out, that was pretty much the final straw.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu May 18, 2023 1:52 am

So... why did he do that? *Sassafras looks confused.* Like, was he bad all along? Was he working with the person who trapped you?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu May 25, 2023 8:52 pm

No, surprisingly. He was just as alarmed by the trap as we were. Thing was, he couldn't stop being a thief at any point. And since we needed those funds to afford temporary upgrades to my armor and sword, his being there was detrimental to our journey. Aldonza making me realize this was what snapped me out of my infatuation, finally.

It raised a minor conundrum. I felt he was decent enough to walk free once we got our money back, but we couldn't let him stick around, either. Thankfully--and I recognize the irony in this--the person who had poisoned me turned up around this time. I wasn't strong enough to face her yet, so we instead got the thief to turn his charms on her instead.

*smirks* Worked wonderfully. When Aldonza and I made a break for it, we saw the poisoner swooning like a lovestruck teenager over him. We never saw the thief again after that.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat May 27, 2023 2:17 am

So your problems kind of took care of each other? *Sassafras chuckles.* I guess if it all worked out, then it's all fine, huh? ...So, was there anything else?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:02 pm

Yes. Recall earlier I'd made mention of a large mirror? In the end, it was the cause of all my problems.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:50 am

Huh, really? *Sassafras blinks.* How? I mean, I know what happened to your parents, but... was there something else?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:03 am

Yes. *shudders* That avalanche that killed my parents was just a side effect of its power. Because when you stop and think about it, it takes a lot of power to brute force the creation of a shadowy magical clone.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:31 am

A magic clone? *Sassafras's ears perk up.* How'd that come in? Did you go back to the mirror, and... something happened?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:59 pm

Getting back there was the end goal of our trek. A lot of what the avalanche left behind I needed Aldonza's help with clearing away, but some passages that should've been full of debris mysteriously weren't. That included the chamber where the mirror was.

And that was where the person who poisoned me caught up with us. She was a clone of myself created by that mirror, right down to wearing a copy of my preferred armor. For reasons I didn't understand and still don't get, her armor, hair and skin were all assorted shades of dark blue.

*smirks* And she was incredibly frazzled and blushing after having just dealt with that thief, but that's not relevant to the story.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:00 pm

Huh... So, was she an evil clone or something? What did she want?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:53 pm

The way I understood it, she was a has-been who hadn't left the caves for years. She found out the truth about her existence at some point and started having an identity crisis. Naturally, she thought the best way to deal with that crisis was to track me down and try to kill me, starting with that poisoning attempt. *rolls her eyes* Because that makes so much sense.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:42 am

So... how did you deal with that? I mean, I can tell you're not dead, at least, so I can tell she didn't kill you...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:12 pm

It wasn't for a lack of effort on her part. She was packing all of my abilities and then some, so I was stuck fighting her for a while. And the first thing she did was flash-freeze Aldonza into an ice block, so I couldn't rely on any mid-battle healing beyond what potions I'd managed to hang onto.

I don't know why the mirror clone didn't go ahead and kill me like this immediately after I was poisoned, beyond maybe overconfidence. In any event, my winter manipulation outpaced hers, and one particularly powerful cold burst launched her into the mirror and caused it to shatter.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse