Somewhat Special Event: The Extras Talk Back!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Somewhat Special Event: The Extras Talk Back!

Postby Ookalf » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:41 am

Ah... I guess everyone responds to that sort of thing in their own way... What about now, though? Do you have anyone you trust and talk to now? Or, is it still... like that?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:28 pm

I... like to think I've gotten better. I won't be attending any parties anytime soon, but I don't think I'd call myself 'anti-social' anymore. I have the fox to thank for helping me... she spent all that time trying to help me out when she had little to nothing to gain from it. Like the dragons, I don't think I can thank her enough.

...And I just realized that you probably don't know who I'm talking about when I'm referring to "the fox". *ducks out of view for a moment* I know I have that photograph somewhere... here we go.

*Lisa straightens and places a picture on the booth for Sassafras to see. In the photo, Lisa is without her helmet; her hair's disheveled, and she's somewhere between embarrassed and infuriated. The reason for this is because of the figure having pulled her into the picture with one arm around her, enthusiastically mugging for the camera as the selfie is taken: she might be most of a decade older, but she's still recognizable to Sassafras as Aldonza Karate.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:04 am

*Sassafras looks at the photo and nods.* Oh, I know her! ...Or, maybe not? She looks like someone I know, anyway. Bit different, though... Was her name Aldonza?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:27 pm

*blinks* Yes, that's her name. I know she said that she liked to stay on the move, but I didn't think she meant "crossing-between-worlds" on the move. A different version of the same person, maybe? ... I don't know, this whole 'multiverse' concept gives me a headache.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:59 am

Mm, maybe. *Sassafras nods.* I've heard of stuff like that, at least. Like, Miss Circe, my boss, told me once that she'd met a few different versions of herself... I've never met any of them, though. Probably better for my head that way...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:54 pm

Yeah, probably. The Aldonza I know... she said that she was centuries old, that at some point she'd overdosed on some type of energy that normally would've regenerated her on death. Apparently she stopped aging at the human equivalent of thirty-two years, which for her made it sixty-four... *frowns* Or something like that? I probably could've phrased that differently.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:13 am

Mm, I think I get it? A little, anyway... But yeah, I don't think that's our Aldonza. How did you meet her, anyway? Was she a "spelunker" like you?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:30 pm

The way she described it, it sounded like she was an... "intergalactic archaeologist". She was basically getting paid to travel to assorted worlds and write about her findings. According to her, she was always on the move, though. She found me fighting a rogue dragon and decided to help me out; if she hadn't been crossing through at that moment, we never would have met.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:51 am

Oh, that sounds cool! I bet she'd have a bunch of stories of her own... So, what happened after that? Did she stick around?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:02 pm

For a while. At the time we met, I was in the midst of recovering from a recent poisoning. Someone had tainted my water supply prior to my battle against the rogue dragon, and I was low both on health and on techniques. I needed to rely on her for several weeks while I worked to recover my strength. *shakes her head* That was... quite a trip.

((OOC Trivia: Back when I was working on Frozen Mirror [my RPG with Lisa in it], I used the poisoning to justify why someone as powerful as her would need to level up.))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:25 am

(Neat!)

A poisoning? ...I guess that's the sort of risk that you take with a job like that, huh? Were there any other, like, big scares you've had that you can talk about? With or without her.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:50 pm

Yeah.

While she was still with me, we made a trip to the southern side of the island to see if I could make any headway in finding the one who poisoned me. En route to a village of dark elves, I made the mistake of falling in love.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:19 am

You... fell in love? *Sassafras looks surprised.* That doesn't sound so bad... Did something happen?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue May 02, 2023 11:36 pm

Oh, sure. The person in question was a master thief who traveled from island to island, looking for stuff to steal and sell. Thing was, he was very charismatic and charming without really trying, too. I had hearts in my eyes by the end of his second sentence. He joined us for a time because he was looking for something at his destination, allegedly.

Aldonza, naturally, was immune to his charms on account of her species. She stayed suspicious of him the entire time.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu May 04, 2023 1:52 am

*Sassafras nods slowly.* I see... Why didn't she trust him, though? Was something wrong about him?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse