Somewhat Special Event: The Extras Talk Back!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Somewhat Special Event: The Extras Talk Back!

Postby Ookalf » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:40 am

*Sassafras nods.* Ah, I see. Seems like you have things pretty well sorted out...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:28 pm

Phosphora: We wouldn't be a player on the world stage if we didn't have organization to our name. ...World stage... "Continent stage"? Ugh, feels much more restrictive than it was when our influence was worldwide.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:42 pm

Hm? Are you having trouble branching out, or something?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:48 pm

Phosphora: This is more Viridi's tale to tell than mine, but I'll share what I can. The two of us... we've existed in some form or another for thousands of years, long before the Muffin Continent became what it is now. Unless you count Walter... *clears her throat* Raleigh, excuse me... we're the oldest beings that are continuously active on the planet. That one video game tried, really, but I don't feel it quite drove home the fact that our operations used to be global.

((OOC: This is basically a fancy way of saying that I consider the events of Kid Icarus: Uprising canon for the sake of Viridi and Phosphora's existence in the Muffinverse.))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:27 am

(I see, I see...)

Ah... But you're not global anymore? Why not?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:38 pm

Phosphora: You can blame that one on time. At some point, we warred with some entity or another that was more than we could handle. Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Lady Viridi, myself and Arlon... our physical forms were destroyed. Too swift, too strong, didn't slow down for anything... it just bulldozed us entirely and scattered us like dust on an ethereal wind. I don't clearly recall just what it was that killed us, just that it did. *blushes* I might have deliberately chosen to forget about it over the centuries just to keep from dwelling on it.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:09 am

Oh, that does sound bad... Sorry if I brought up any memories there.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:37 pm

Phosphora: Eh, no probs, kid. The key point here is that at some point, this particular continent became the center of attention while leaving the rest of the world's lands mysteriously inaccessible. Whenever we try to get back over there, we just keep getting blocked. *gestures at the sky... or more accurately, at the tiny little specks outside the world's atmosphere* Even that fleet up there with their high-end tech hasn't been able to figure out if anything's over there or not. Their ships have the same problem: any that try to land out there somehow get repulsed.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:25 am

*Sassafras looks up on Phosphora's cue, though she doesn't see a whole lot.* Huh... You know, I never really thought about it, but I guess you're right. I've never heard much about what's out there, either. Weird...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:47 pm

Phosphora: I know, right? *thinks for a moment* I think Raleigh's tried to make a few sojourns off in that direction, but I don't know what his findings are, if any. I'll have to ask him about that next time he's in the area, I guess...
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:50 pm

*Sassafras nods.* He's supposed to be really wise and stuff, right? I never met him, but he seems like he'd know about stuff.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:06 am

Phosphora: Yeah, we like having him around for that. It helps that Acutus is scared stiff of him. :D ...That's about all I can think of to say, unless you have anything else to ask. Want to take some punch with you?

((OOC: Since the thread deals with backstories, I think I can make mention of this here. I'm working on a new story set this past summer, delving a bit into Acutus/Bahija's history, her time with the Brotherhood, and a standard day in her life. It's also going to cover the thrashing that Callista first gave her in detail, so it's not likely to be all that pretty. :| Anyway, assuming I stay on schedule, it should be completely finished by the end of February.))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:52 pm

(Huh, neat.)

Nah, I think that's everything. I'll take the drink, though! *Sassafras lets Phosphora top her off before leaving.* Mm, who else can I still do? I already talked to Teasy... Maybe Risk? *On a whim, Sassafras wanders her way over toward Risk.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:27 am

((OOC: Still on sabbatical, but this has gone without a reply long enough.))

*As Sassafras leaves, she might hear Phosphora having a one-sided conversation with someone. Though it should be noted that "might" is the key word in that sentence.*

Phosphora: Hey, Lady Viridi? She seems alright. Do you know whether her mother's still wandering around? ... Wow, that old? Impressive for a feral cat. I didn't think they lasted that long in the wild. ...Right. Think we could do something for her as a gift to Sassy and 'Snappy? Restore her youth, lengthen her lifespan, something? I think it would make a pleasant surprise. ...Okay, that'll work. Thanks! ...

/-/-/-/-/

*The first thing Sassafras may notice when she approaches Risk's booth is power. Whether it's due to ingrained feline instincts or something else entirely, she should be able to tell that the atmosphere around it is energetic and not entirely of this world. The interior of the booth lends credence to this: there are five screens set up at the back depicting various shadowy figures, with the space around them adorned with moving stars and galaxies. The seats near the booth are closer to full-sized computer chairs instead of folding chairs or stools.*

*Risk herself is as she appears in the picture: a 30-something year-old woman in blue and white robes, light-to-dark brown hair that flares outward similarly to Callista's preferred style, and dice-shaped earrings; if one were to imagine how Calli would look if she'd aged naturally, this would be a close approximation. For whatever reason, she's playing a game of Parcheesi against herself. On the counter next to the board are some paper cups and bowls, with a bottle of Mountain Dew (the non-explosive variety) and nacho cheese Doritos close by. The 1812 Overture can be heard at a low volume.*

*looks up, seeing Sassafras* "I sense a---" ...ugh, I just can't do that voice. Let me try that again. *clears her throat* "I sense a soul in search of answers!"
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:00 am

*Sassafras's ears twitch as she hears Phosphora start talking behind her, but doesn't stick around long enough to hear any of the juicy details...*

---

Oh, um, hello... *Sassafras seems a bit intimidated by the aura around Risk.* I was just sort of wondering about you, a bit. I mean, I've heard of you, but I don't really know anything... Is that OK?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse