Random RP idea's

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Random RP idea's

Postby ZeroForever » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:04 pm

this thread is for people to post up there rp idea's that they would be willing to share and such. But for whatever reasons they may not have enough time to actually make the rp themselves or have several already, etc... but would still like to see them done at some point in time.

a few general ones floating around in my head are

1. a charlie and the chocolate factory type rp - specially with the new movie and such, it's full of general idea's that could lead up to many tf's and general fun and mayhem.

2. city of senshi,sentai,jigglypuffs, gundum,.... also known as tokyo - you make a superhero type character and your duty in general is to defend tokyo from the menaces of the universe like godzilla, teenage mutant angsty bishi, darth otaku, etc... made to be spoofish but as with before has a large amount of ideas that can be worked with on the tf level and allows for fun and crazy character creation, there could even be a villians league rp version also.

there's more but lets see some of your ideas.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Sasha » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:44 pm

well i've had about 3 floating around in my head.

1. Based off the Lunar series. takes place 100 years after lunar 2 new enemy some tg if ya want it.

2. Trigun based- kind of random

3. .hack based. players get trapped in the world as their charaters but after they defeat the 2nd wave they wake up in the real world in the forms of their charaters with a few powers but everyone thinking they where always like that.
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kumi-chan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:51 pm

Actually I was thinking of making a game based off Lanur but it would be about Luna's and Alex's son. With a TG in it.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Teddy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:25 am

1. Several factions fight for control of a dying world. Has massive battles, like Suikoden, but is also like Dynasty warriors with the 'one man army' theme in mind, but there is also tactics involved.

2. The reincarnations of ancient heroes start to appear. Why and how are unknown to everyone, including the reincarnations. They are drawn together and travel in large groups, even if they are from diffrent time periods, countries, and even worlds. Of course, the main characters are the reincarnations of these heroes.
Ohahaha. Oh, Xia.
I think if I ever met the Troubled Hubble lead singer, I would look into his eyes, then lean in and kiss him passionately. Several times. -Karubidiumeleaux`
Teddy
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:17 pm

Here's one for you. It occurred to me a while back, as I was doing some research on the magical girl genre. It popped into my head in relation to reading about the series Tokyo Mew Mew, which I doubt I'll ever see and subsequently won't be running an rpg. But what I was thinking was Project: America or better still, Project: International. Here's how I see it. Whatever opponent it is they're fighting finally develops some sense and realizes striking Japan is stupid, because they'll always get defeated by the Mew Mew girls. But they still want to do nefarious things to earth. So they strike out at OTHER COUNTRIES! I'm going to be ethnocentric and use the U.S. as an example because it's so big. I'm assuming that the scientists who created the whole DNA-spliced powers thing would probably have some internaional contacts in the scientific community. This is fairly normal. So when the reports of weirdo things hit the news, they realize what's going on and get on the wire to their buddies in whatever area the monsters of the week decide to strike. These guys set out to find likely girls to make local defenders.
The good part for a U.S. setting to start with is that it's a large and varied country, so anyone who still wants a Japanese character can have one; by the same token, we're not all playing a foreign culture. Besides, multiple cells of defenders might be needed, thus offering more character opportunities (seeing as the typical defender group seems to number at about five). Heck, you can even establish international cells in other countries if you want to get adventurous. Certain motifs will naturally stay the same, such as picking a specific animal to be spliced with, (you can still be a mew by including periodic cats in the group or groups; there are certainly enough varieties out there) and also having some sort of associated food product as a power-up and naming pattern. I've noticed certain motifs in costumes, as well- they all seem to have a mainly solid colored outfit, with secondary colored piping, and it has a basic streamlined quality with at least two extra seams, detached "puff" sleeves, a garter/leg band, a choker with a medallion on it, and boots. All but one each have a strapless neckline and gloves/wrist decorations. Keeping these motifs in mind (except for the boots; footwear can be fiddled with), players can design original costumes instead of copying a character who came before.
However, one key thing will need to change. I saw how their cover is a cafe/coffeshop place where they all waitress. I dont know about Japanese labor laws, but that won't work in this country, at least not at that age; a twelve year old won't be able to pull off a job unless it's helping in a familial business. So you'll need to either increase characters' starting ages (I would recommend doing that by at least a year or two, anyway, if you don't want to bump it all the way up to sixteen) or find some alternative, like a club or whatever. Admittedly there are dangers there; others might try to join, and while a cafe can say not hiring, a club will need a good reason to turn away new members. Said new members would be at risk of an attack or finding out the truth. I guess you could do some sort of charity shop, like a permanent bake sale that donates proceeds to a cause of club, and that could use cute uniforms or something, but that's up to the designer, not me.
I just ask one more thing: if anyone ever decides to run this, please let me know. I would like to take part, so long as knowledge of the actual series isn't required. As I was doing research, a germ of a character reared up and demanded I draw her, and I'd like to be able to use the concept.... Also, if anyone wants to find a symbolic name for their animal and/or food item, I can point them in the direction of name and language sites or even send/post lists of names I've made up with different themes, for ease of looking them up. Thanks for putting up with all my rattling-on, and I hope someday someone decides to run this.
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Zack Gongaga » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:01 pm

Lita wrote:well i've had about 3 floating around in my head.

3. .hack based. players get trapped in the world as their charaters but after they defeat the 2nd wave they wake up in the real world in the forms of their charaters with a few powers but everyone thinking they where always like that.

I rather like this idea alot. I'm a huge RPG nut.
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Xia » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:48 pm

stickied this cause it really doesn't belong here persay...but my normal dumping ground for these types of threads has changed :O

that being said, the "city of whatever" idea sounds really fun
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Becca » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:10 am

I like the .Hack based one, though i don't know anything about the World.

But something similair would be awesome.[That is to say, not actually in the .Hack World, but the same premise of 'Players in a massive RPG get stuck in the game as their characters.']

By not doing in the .Hack universe it would give who ever participates in the RP more freedom. They wouldn't be limited by the classes/spells/abilities of the .Hack game.

There is of course Sentaiga's Shanghaid series that it could be named for.
*Official Ultra Prancing Sparkling Explosive Bishi Hunter*
<Caprice> Yeah. Well. I'm immune to immolation because I like chocolate
Becca
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:50 pm

doijin convention, pretty much the general idea is that all the artists become a character from one of there doijin due to what could be any number of causes, some turn good some turn bad etc etc... fairly open story idea.

another one
City of Otaku and other anime clinchs - pretty much there's a dimensional plane that developed as a result of the 'will of the okatu' or WOFO for short.... it pretty much blends every corny self rightoeus anime effect ever into a some how weird convoluted society.

etc etc..

more ideas to be added later...
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby The Fungus from Yuggoth » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:07 pm

Not sure if this thread is still active or not, but here’s my two cents: a small group of college students living in Arkham, Massachusetts decide to enroll as historians/archivists with a pair of unusual professors for extra credit. In addition to having a reputation as being highly eccentric, the two professors seem to have a taste for acquiring ancient occult texts (cleverly disguised as Harry Potter books), translating them, and carting em off to the mysterious Arkham occult underground. During their interview with the students, the professors interest in occult texts comes up, which somehow results in the release of an insane god of knowledge and magic!

After making several bizarre proclamations, the god decides that the students should be his loyal disciples and offers them a portion of his power in wisdom; making them honest to god spellslinging mages, in addition to turning them all into girls for some vague reason. Afterward, the god ran off to defend the world from the threat of Polish Vampire-Gnomes (did I mention he was insane?), leaving the newly transformed magical girls to fend for themselves. After some heated debate with the professors, the students are sent to meet with Master Porthos, the strongest mage and ruler of the Arkham occult underground. Porthos agrees to help the “girlsâ€
Believe in the magic of reading...or I'll @#$%ing kill you!!!

The Fungus from Yuggoth: MSF's friendly misanthrope and optimistic nihilist!

*Adoptive mother of Mendokusee and Sheendo! ^_^*

The Fungus from Yuggoth
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Beyond » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:01 am

The Fungus from Yuggoth wrote:GOOD IDEA HERE

I like the idea, I would join it.
Randomness: Because coherency is overrated.
Beyond
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby AnimaVex » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:35 am

I'd play in it. It's just crazy enough to work! :P
The wind is coming, and it tells a story more often silenced than not.

-AnimaVex, budding artist/writer/etc. -
AnimaVex
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:36 am

I'd play in it too. "Should we watch Sailor Moon for tips?"
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:50 am

I am intrigued. And that's good enough to have me interested. ;p I was actually thinking of dropping my own idea before I saw this one, but I don't think anyone would go for my idea. (It actually is a crazy idea. While it's absurdly humorous, I'm sure it'll strike a profound chord of horror in most. Even those that find it absurdly humorous. ^_^; ) So, if I see somewhere to sign up, I'll join in.

Mitchell:

If you ever need any tips on magical girls, you can always drop me a PM. Other than Sailor Moon (probably the magical girl series that I'm most familiar with), I know a lot of other basic and not-so-basic things about other magical girl types.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby P-tan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:28 pm

Could someone rephrase this idea into a small paragraph so my over-worked mind could comprehend?
P-tan

Next

Return to Roleplaying