Random RP idea's

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Random RP idea's

Postby Lanzerus » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:17 am

how about this one:

a group (6-10) average people of assorted genders, all find them selves stuck in some cliche area be it an island or a different dimension where they have to survive by fighting/collaborating to acheive some basic goal, a book of spells off/out of the cliche'd area, a crystal that can alter reality to where they can escape, ect. ect.

i left alot open for further idea's because well, im lazy, and i am a better writer than a thinker and i wanted space for TG elements.
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby The Fungus from Yuggoth » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:23 pm

taylor dar wrote:how about this one:

a group (6-10) average people of assorted genders, all find them selves stuck in some cliche area be it an island or a different dimension where they have to survive by fighting/collaborating to acheive some basic goal, a book of spells off/out of the cliche'd area, a crystal that can alter reality to where they can escape, ect. ect.

i left alot open for further idea's because well, im lazy, and i am a better writer than a thinker and i wanted space for TG elements.

You could have said people "imbued" with three spells or minor supernatural abilities to help em survive and have everything set in a plane of existence made of decayed cast off fragments of the universe/time-stream, a string of haphazardly connected "pocket dimension," and nightmare and dream realms.
Believe in the magic of reading...or I'll @#$%ing kill you!!!

The Fungus from Yuggoth: MSF's friendly misanthrope and optimistic nihilist!

*Adoptive mother of Mendokusee and Sheendo! ^_^*

The Fungus from Yuggoth
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Haylie » Wed May 14, 2008 4:01 pm

Small idea I came up with in my spare time:

A Star Wars-based RP, where all starters--aside from myself, and perhaps one or two others, of course--are initiates and apprentices, but are promoted to my liking. They'll probably be in their teen years or a bit older since the New Republic is still very young and in need of Jedi to protect it. They'll begin in a sort of auditorium of the Jedi Academy on Coruscant. They go through various training sessions and whatnot, eventually build their lightsaber(s), and finally go on their first mission, most likely involving TG in some form.

The only real problem is I don't know how to make the TG work out. Help, please?
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kether » Wed May 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Might I suggest something post YV they have more than enough bizare bio bits.

Though Dark Plagious could readily create and maintain life.. I am sure someone's theme could be transformation.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mr. X » Wed May 21, 2008 10:40 am

Would someone mind explaining this whole role playing thing? I'm just not getting it.
Apache, The Enemy, We are not so easily won over.

We are Ndee, Dine, The People.
Mr. X
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Musashi » Thu May 22, 2008 11:36 pm

Mr. X wrote:Would someone mind explaining this whole role playing thing? I'm just not getting it.

You take on the role of a character and play them out in a storyline. Some kinds of roleplaying are more structured, while others are more freeform. Like, for example, there's tabletop RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons, or sometimes people just act out their character in a chat room and a storyline can just evolve on its own. So it's basically like a sort of combination of writing and acting.
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Blaze » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:26 pm

How about a Disgaea RP?

You play a recently transmigrated character recruited into Overlord Laharl's army to fight off Baal, the Supreme Overlord of another dimension. Since transmigrating a character into the opposite gender is possible, there could be TGs.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Sasha » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:36 pm

I ran one before i've been thinking about bringing it back.
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Dark7Luna » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:52 pm

weeeell :3

i kinda had this one idea once but i don't know if i could do it myself x-x
so im posting for anyone who would want to try it on a rp =D

Mostly could be about a group of normal kids rounded up with some mysterious character(tottaly the evil guy behind it all) playing a tabletop rpg, and by some magic act(i'd blame the mysterious character for this) the kids get into the game(i watched way too much jumanji when i was a kid) and become the characters from it and must find a way to get out(or not maybe just survival or they could end up accepting that new reality, that's up for the people that wants to host this idea), this set could give a pretty good room for TG since you could for example make a character that is a boy and his rp character being a girl, and thus he becomes his character
well, hope you like it>.>
Insert cool sig here ->
Dark7Luna
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Kinda like the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, with a TG Twist! There was an old 1980's style cartoon called Dungeons and Dragons, and the kids go to this D&D roller coaster ride, and get zapped into the D&D universe, and they are wearing the clothes of their respective characters, like Ranger, Thief, Barbarian, Acrobat, Cavalier, and Magician. They are met by a baby unicorn, named Uni, and the main villain is Venger. Venger sometimes helps the heroes, like when the evil demon Tiamat showed up to terrorize the village. The Dungeon Master is a wise-old man who speaks in cryptic clues, providing them with their next quest, sending them onto the next village, and supplying them with their associated class magic-imbued weapons; the thief gets an enchanted cloak that makes him/her invisible, the Magician gets a magic hat that can produce anything he/she needs, provided you have the right incantation, Cavaliers have a magic shield, Rangers get magic bows with unlimited magic arrows, and enchanted club for the Barbarian, an enchanted staff for the Acrobat, etc.

Basically, these kids who like to play D&D or other similar rpg, get "Invited" to some amusement park, or D&D LARP's thing, and they end up transported to the new world as their character (ie, female elf bard, etc). The Dungeon Master comes to help them by providing cryptic clues as to how to get home, while supplying them with the magical weapons and gear they need to survive (money, etc). The main villain is the evil mage/warlock guy who tricked them into coming in the first place. What if one of the characters is a warlock who ends up unwillingly (or willingly) becomes an apprentice to the main villain. Kinda liek Edward from "Chronicles of Narnia"....Hmmm "Chronicles of Narnia" role play...

Maybe a Lord of the Rings style world, with Orcs, Nazgul, wizards (the guy you sends the characters to the Tolkien/Middle Earth verse) where you play as Human, Elf, Hobbit, or any other fantasy race.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Dark7Luna » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:07 am

Kris_Roth wrote:Kinda like the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, with a TG Twist! There was an old 1980's style cartoon called Dungeons and Dragons, and the kids go to this D&D roller coaster ride, and get zapped into the D&D universe, and they are wearing the clothes of their respective characters, like Ranger, Thief, Barbarian, Acrobat, Cavalier, and Magician. They are met by a baby unicorn, named Uni, and the main villain is Venger. Venger sometimes helps the heroes, like when the evil demon Tiamat showed up to terrorize the village. The Dungeon Master is a wise-old man who speaks in cryptic clues, providing them with their next quest, sending them onto the next village, and supplying them with their associated class magic-imbued weapons; the thief gets an enchanted cloak that makes him/her invisible, the Magician gets a magic hat that can produce anything he/she needs, provided you have the right incantation, Cavaliers have a magic shield, Rangers get magic bows with unlimited magic arrows, and enchanted club for the Barbarian, an enchanted staff for the Acrobat, etc.

Basically, these kids who like to play D&D or other similar rpg, get "Invited" to some amusement park, or D&D LARP's thing, and they end up transported to the new world as their character (ie, female elf bard, etc). The Dungeon Master comes to help them by providing cryptic clues as to how to get home, while supplying them with the magical weapons and gear they need to survive (money, etc). The main villain is the evil mage/warlock guy who tricked them into coming in the first place. What if one of the characters is a warlock who ends up unwillingly (or willingly) becomes an apprentice to the main villain. Kinda liek Edward from "Chronicles of Narnia"....Hmmm "Chronicles of Narnia" role play...

Maybe a Lord of the Rings style world, with Orcs, Nazgul, wizards (the guy you sends the characters to the Tolkien/Middle Earth verse) where you play as Human, Elf, Hobbit, or any other fantasy race.

yeah! kinda like that^^!
i jsut imagined putting the dungeon master as the bad warlock guy ,and the apprentice idea was so cool!*-* i can tottaly see that happening :p

and yeah kinda like the d&d cartoon \o\ maybe a bit different but we got the point XD
Insert cool sig here ->
Dark7Luna
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Danarth » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:33 am

I had an idea based around the X-com series, if anyone is particular familiar with it. Specifically the third game, especially since if based around the third game you'd have a choice of more than one "species"
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Not sure if I have time to GM this one, but here's the concept:

It's the future, and there are all sorts of monsters and zombies and whatnots out there trying to bring mankind to extinction. The only humans hanging on live in a military state that produces a very large army, if in an odd way. There are no prisons, criminals instead are sent to "Processing Centers" where their biology is reengineered to suit the war effort. These roles include:
Custodial Maid: Your typical sexy maid, there are few of these but are in high demand.
Scullery Maid: Cooking, latrine duty, and a variety of unsavory but necessary tasks. Girl next door looks.
Nurse: Typical sexy nurse, initially more for morale than for medical expertise, mental conditioning prepares them for field surgery.
Nanny: Soldiers are bred, and these women raise them. Much more mental conditioning than others, with a more serene beauty than others.
Dairy Maid: Human milk is nutrient dense, serving as basic rations even on the field(powdered, of course). Very busty.
Surrogate: The men born to be soldiers have to have mothers, and these are professional birth mothers. When not actually pregnant, their wombs fill up with a "meatball", ensuring they are always in some stage of pregnancy.

The players are all in the camp for breaking some law, and once they get assigned to a role, they are taken to the barracks that houses the other women of their type. There is a central area for recreation, food, exercise, and anything else. The players can interact here, but they have to spend a little time now and then getting trained for their new roles.

There is one way out of the camp: The soldiers visit often during their leave, and if one decides to marry one of the prisoners, she is free from all duties at camp and is free to leave with him.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby muffinstud » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:43 pm

And here's another one:

Mazes and Monsters Online has everything: Superb action, a (mostly) friendly player base, insane amounts of customization (both character and action), engaging story... everything one would want from an MMO. Those who subscribe get access to better loot from raids, better action scripts(all actions are actually simplified macros you make) and get to post on the private developer boards. People can also play entirely for free. There's open range PvP... okay, it's awesome, and all your characters play it. But here's the thing:

One of the codes floating around the internet is rumored to actually influence real life. Called the "RL Code", people have testified of both great and terrible things happening when they use it. All the terrible stuff is people whining like usual though, it is the internet after all.

All the players are members of a guild (people joining later can be coming back from a vacation or new recruits) that has the RL Code posted on their daily message. Should you use the code, you will be changed to improve your life circumstances.

Life Circumstances:
Financial Well Being: You've got a good life, you just struggle to make ends meet.
Physical Well Being: You have a lingering physical... thing that just won't go away.
Emotional Well Being: You have a hole in your heart that needs filling.
General Well Being: Your life is fine, except for... well, you.

The TG/TF will be to improve one of these things. It will occur when...
Code Entry: You start to change the second you use the code.
Character Creation: Editing your current character or making an alt triggers the change.
In-Game achievement: Ding! You improve when your character does.
Real Life Achievement: Ding! You've accomplished something yourself, and you change because of it.

To facilitate character interaction, all players must be a member of the guild(for making a new character for Character Creation, they default as being in the guild too). One of the towns where people live in will be chosen for everyone to be relocated to, so as to interact in the real world as well.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed May 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Garath the Shadowshifter and a few others have already started a rp based on the Popular show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The evil draquueus/Chimera creature known as Discord (the main villain from Season 2 Episode 1-2 (Return of the Elements of Harmony) returns with a diabolical plan; he takes an enite town of unsuspecting humans and transforms them into various ponies; Unicorns, Pegasi, and Earth Ponies, Zebras, along with some mythical types like dragons, etc. The new ponies awake from what appears to be a bad nightmare to discover they are in Equestria, the land of the MLP: FiM show. Their entire town becomes the town of Ponyville, where the main interaction of the characters takes place. There are shops and other places to explore, such as the Everfree Forest, Rarity's Caruosel Boutique shop, Ponyville Library, Sugar Cube Corners (Ponyville's Main Street) and Ponyville Urgent Care (the hospital for sick or injured ponies). There, they meet some of the featured characters, while attempting to collect the Elements of Chaos, which Discord "promises" to use to send our heroes/heroines home. There are also Changelings, creatures who are part horse, part insects, who can transform themselves into any pony type as a disguise.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying