Team 7

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Postby Musashi » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:36 am

Kajika frowned and pulled a little tighter on the bandages. "I know what I'm doing, thank you very much."

Outwardly she seemed to be ignoring the whole "fight the jounin" situation, while inwardly she was terrified. o___o;
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Xia » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:04 pm

*works her neck around, then stops, standing in a relaxed posed*

"Now, come at me whenever you are ready, one at a time or as a group."

*beckons with her right hand*

"Hold nothing back, use this battle to guage your strengths, your teammates strenghts, and learn the value of knowing your enemy. A person stands before you that you know next to nothing about...how do you proceed? This is a learning experiance"
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Goose » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:28 pm

Chuusa stands up, and in front of his teammates. He opens his mouth to start talking, but now he's even louder than usual. He's almost shouting.

"Everyone else just stay out of this! I'll beat this woman, if it's the last thing I do! I'm gonna show her what it means to mess with Kounotori Chuusa! This will be payback for our last fight, so you'd better be ready!!"

All the while Chuusa was spouting this nonsense out, he was performing the seals for the Kokuangyo no Jitsu, the same technique he attempted on her before.
The Art Goose
Goose
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Princess Shiko » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:09 pm

Misato shrugged off the pain from the pressure Kajika was applying. "Oy! Noodles-for-brains! Slow down before you hurt yourself - she's a jounin. Only way we're even going to NICK her is if we.. y'know what? Never mind. This should be entertaining."
'Nothing can harm a good man in either life or after death'
- Socrates
Princess Shiko
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Musashi » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:54 am

Kajika finished up with Misato, then sat back on the ground to watch. "Watching him nearly get killed... yeah, that really should be entertaining."

Somewhere in the back of her mind it occured to her that that didn't sound very teammate-like. ...But c'mon, it'll be FUNNY. >:D

Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Xia » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:40 pm

*If you could see her eyebrows, one of them would be quirked*

"Spectators are not permitted..."

*Mai's right hand blurs, a half dozen shurikens flying towards Kajika and Misato, her hands coming together afterwards to start into a set of seals, which to anyone who has a nice knowledge of seals would recognise as a mix of earth related seals and fire related seals...*
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Goose » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:40 pm

"Tsk..."

Chuusa grimaces, and takes out a kunai, completely abandoning the seals for the Kokuanygo. The Kokuanygo was a bluff to discern whether or not Mai could tell what kind of seals he was doing by sight alone, hence why he spoke so loudly while doing them. If she could still figure out what he was doing, that would mean she is able to see through the headband that covers her eyes... but now that Mai has ignored his efforts and attacked the other two, he considers the designed bluff a failure... or was it?

Chuusa's eyes widen a bit as it hits him... she didn't respond to the technique because she had no way of knowing he was doing it. He had originally assumed that it's impossible to be a blind ninja, and that she really did have a way of seeing through her headband, but his test here suggests otherwise. It's possible that she saw him and just ignored it... but wait? She said that it would be alright to come all at once or one at a time, and Chuusa certainly made it look like he would fight her alone. Her attack on the other two means that she had not recognized Chuusa as an attacker yet, because she only heard his trashtalk, and could not see his seals being performed. He wants to put it to the test one last time.

He takes a deep breath and shouts...

"Misato! Kajika! Watch out! Get out of the way! Move it! Don't get hit!"

Chuusa probably could have thought of better things to yell out than simply saying the same thing four times in a row. Regardless, during his barking of orders, Chuusa chucks a kunai at Mai's right knee, aiming for a Bill in her armor. Other genin would struggle with a shot like this, but Chuusa specializes in tool use, close or long range. He runs over his strategy as the kunai sails...

"Aiming low means she'd have a hard time hearing or feeling the kunai sail through the air, especially over my voice", he thinks to himself. "If she can avoid this, that means she has some other way besides hearing or seeing to recognize things around her."
The Art Goose
Goose
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Princess Shiko » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:02 am

Misato was already on her feet as Chuusa barked out his 'orders'. "Misato! Kajika! Watch out! Get out of the way! Move it! Don't get hit!".. DUH.. Easier said than done, mister 'solo attacker'. She didn't throw them at YOU!

Snapping open her staff, she managed to deflect the two aimed at vital bits, then planted the self-same weapon in the ground, swinging herself up and onto her feet. She ran foreward, deked left, and dove for downwards, planting the staff and using it as an axle to sweep at Mai's legs, trying to down the instructor. She wasn't sure whether Kajika had dodged the remaining shruikens, but she SHOULD be able to..

"Back-, ah say back-up!"
- Socrates
Princess Shiko
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Musashi » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:36 pm

Kajika pulled out her two ninja-to and deflected enough shuriken to give her time to roll out of way of the rest, though a few grazed one of her arms. She got back up and ran at Mai from the left, trying to attack her on the side.

I have to prove myself now!

Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Xia » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:39 pm

*an almost imperceptible grin appears on Mai's face, a thought crossing her mind: well...they certainly got into this...

Then several things happened at once.

Mai's hands flicker as she finishes the seals, albeit prematurely. She drops down into her stance, legs spreading out, the Kunai sailing harmlessly between her legs seemingly by chance. While this happens she thrusts her palms down, slamming them into the ground...

With a very very loud cracking sound, the ground heaves and splits into large chunks, spreading out in a 100° cone from Mai, the top couple feet tearing itself apart as it moves at a rapid pace towards Chuusa, quickly overtaking both Kajika and Misato.

Misato, because she is resting her weight on the staff gets of course knocked out of the air as the staff's resting point is severally disturbed.

Kajika is in less danger if she has quick enough reactions, but her footing is effectively rearranged as well.

Example: This is what the ground is doing, expadning out from Mai in a cone towards Chuusa, catching Kajika and Misato in it.*
Last edited by Xia on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Princess Shiko » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:06 pm

Misato was thrown from her balance, and sprawled upon the wrecked land. DAMMIT! What the hell is she trying to prove? That she's better at this than us? We KNOW that. If this turns out to be some sort of 'you need to work as a team' bit, I swear I'm going to kill someone. Probably Chuusa. Stupid prettyboy dillitante self-centered.. thoughts of Chuusa bashing in her mind, she rolled back to her feet, swaying for a moment before she steadied herself. Easy there girl.. bloodloss is NOT our friend.

Spinning her staff so that it was propped across her shoulders, she began a series of handseals. If she wants a fight, a fight she gets... and those who play with fire get burned.
- Socrates
Princess Shiko
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Musashi » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:19 am

Kajika lost her balance, and so curled herself up and went rolling away in a ball of ninjaness. She stopped when she bashed into a wall and sprawled on the ground.

"Damn it. Damn it, I'm not gonna let her beat me. And I'm not gonna let them show me up!"

She jumped up and ran at Mai again. She would have liked to have performed a unique jutsu, but... she was lacking in that area.

Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Goose » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:44 am

Chuusa starts hopping backwards, keeping distance between himself and the crumbling earth in front of him.

"She dodged it," he thinks to himself, "Did she really know it was coming, or was it luck? It looked like she was just dropping into a stance to use her jitsu... but what if that's what she wants me to think? Gah! Forget this! All the hints point to this as her only weakness... I have to trust in what I've figured out and work with it!"

He takes out another kunai, leaving three left in his holster. He takes a deep breath, and before letting it sail...

"KAJIKA! MISATO! Get the hell out of there! Attacking her head on is useless! Fall back and let's make a plan!!"

Same trick as before. His voice covers up the high-pitched but barely audible whistle of steel piercing the air. His words serve as more than fodder this time, however... he really would like the others to avoid close range combat, as he knows first hand that taijitsu won't work. He grits his teeth, hoping for his plan to work. He is aiming this time for Mai's left knee, at another Bill in her light armor.
The Art Goose
Goose
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Xia » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:19 am

*a grin can be seen on her lips, quite clear that she is enjoying this, for her though it is because they are getting into it...

hands still on the ground, they can see her flex her muscles...then drive her arms into the ground, almost immediately flipping up a solid wall made of rock, between her and the 3 genins. The wall is about 6 feet wide and about 8 feet tall.

Kajika now is running at a wall.

Chuusa's kunai is going to hit a wall

Misato is still good, though she cant see Mai anymore

(Doton: Doroku Gaeshi)*
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Princess Shiko » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:44 am

Misato finished the handseals, a pair of firey shruikens appearing in her hands. Flicking her wrists outwards, they spun away, at either side of the wall, on an overall arch to reconvene on the other side... though any chance of actually HITTING something would be minimal at best. Her hands now free, she tucked into a roll, and rolled down to be right next to the rock wall, her hands cupped to catch Kajika's foot.

"Up and over! I'll toss, you leap!" Of course, what the genin didn't realise was that Chuusa's kunai was ALSO on its way... but then, we've got a good few seconds before that becomes an issue, right?
- Socrates
Princess Shiko
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying