[MSFRP] Future Perfect

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[MSFRP] Future Perfect

Postby muffinstud » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:57 pm

The sun rises upon yet another cookie-cutter suburb of the big city. Life here may not be particularly exciting, but it's still a good one. Our story begins as our hero awakens this fine morning. A fine morning ruined by the need to wake up and take care of any number of errands and the like. But, such is life. Nothing ever changes in this podunk suburb. No one ever moves. But... there are some people that take security in that. People that drink their vanilla coffee as they drive their vanilla cars into town at the beginning of another of their vanilla days.

Yes, the ice cream of life can be tasty even if there isn't much flavor. And to the knowledge of our hero, there is still nothing untowards happening today to change that.
Thankfully for the audience, this particular tub of ice cream is about to start serving some Rocky Road.

====================================

The tiny angel screams loud enough to deafen a gnat. "Make it stop! Make it stop!" Overhead, an infinitesimally small streak of brilliant light cuts across the sky, heralding the arrival of the miniscule creature. She keeps screaming until her meteoric descent ends with the explosive impact of a dandelion. Rattled, disoriented, but unscathed, she shakes her head and looks around to get her bearings. "I swear, I am never doing that again. Hopefully... I won't have to." She nods to herself and flies back upwards, squinting and covering her eyes as she begins to search.
Last edited by muffinstud on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: [MSFRP] Future Perfect

Postby Zoey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:14 am

Harry is your run of the mill generic High School student who's heading off to school. He gets ready on time, manages to get a full meal in him thanks to his good ol mother. Harry says good bye to his family and heads off, still noming on a piece of bread. Its still pretty early, but he doesn't want to be late. He does have an important test he has to take today and even if he's not the best student in his class, he can described as the poster child of average. Just like his appearance! Nothing out of the ordinary for this average built 17 year old, with short black hair. He wears a white polo shirt with black pants as per his schools uniform dictates.

"Man, what I wouldn't give to find a way to not have to take his dumb test..." Harry grumbles to himself as he finishes the piece of toast.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:26 am

And as Harry makes his way to school, piece of toast hanging from his mouth... nothing happens. He finishes his toast and nears the gate to school. Yup, another average day for this average teen. As he makes his way to start greeting his fellow classmates, he feels a mosquito buzzing in his ear. Ah, that can be annoying. After shooing it away, it comes back. Hmm, really annoying. It keeps buzzing at his ear... and he can almost swear that he can hear someone in the distance calling for help.

"Hey! Listen!" The voice calls out in a sharp, urgent tone. "Look! You need to turn around!"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:30 am

Harry arrives to class and sits down after talking to everyone is class. He takes out his notebook to make one last quick cram session... if these bugs would stop pestering him. He swats at it, but they keep coming back and back. "Ugh" he grumbles as he lowers his head closer to his notebook. Harry then listens to a voice. "Not now, Im busy" he quickly replies despite the voice not being familiar to him. He continues to try to concentrate in the task at hand.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:41 am

The diminutive angel puffs out her cheeks in frustration. "Oooh, that's no way to treat your friends!" She holds up her finger, and then touches it to her nose. With a puff of fragrant smoke, there are now two of her. Both of her boop their noses... and now there are four. Boop, eight. Boop. Boop. Boop.

Harry seems to have some sort of reprieve as he studies his notebook. Strangely though, some of the empty space seems to be filled up with very elegant script. "Meet me in the hall!" The script shifts, telling him to "Go Now!" and then to "Watch out!" As he might be puzzling about the changing messages in his notebook, he gets hit in the back of the head with a spitball. Ew, gross.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:47 am

Harry looks down, confused at the new notes on his notebook. "What in the..." he says before getting hit by the spitball. "Gah! Hey!" he exclaims quickly turning around and brushing the back of his head. "Seriously!... Damn..." he grumbles looking down back at his notes. "What does a guy have to do to get some peace?" he comments as he gets his notebook and goes to walk out and into the hallway. "This all better be worth my time..."
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:52 am

The shifting notes seem to cheer as he starts to get up, and then gasp in terror as he closes the book. There is a bit of sparkle to the normal cloud of dust usually associated with closing the book. But, with an accepting nod from the teacher, he makes his way out into the hall. The lockers and classroom doors seem to go on forever in each direction, made all the more lengthy and imposing by their emptiness. Well, empty save for the angel flapping her wings in front of him.

The little thing is now the size of a small dog, floating in the air and looking rather annoyed. "Finally! I've been trying to get your attention all morning! There's no time to lose! If we don't hurry, the world is going to be destroyed!" She looks so... adorable. Insistent, too. And if she wasn't a tiny little angel flying in the hallway, the urgent tone in her voice would keep her from sounding like a crazy person.
Well, almost.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:28 am

Harry rubs her eyes as he notices the little angel in front of him. "..... Is this some kind of prank? Who's doing this?" he says skeptically as he tries moving his hand over the angel thinking its hanging from something. "... What the?" she mumbles and then tries poking the angel to check if its real or not. Poke. Poke. Squish. Poke.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:04 pm

"This isn't a prank, it's an emergency!" She little woman huffs. As Harry inspects her, it seems she's not being held up by anything. And then he begins to poke. The angel blushes as she is prodded like some kind of science experiment. "Hey, stop that! You shouldn't invade other people's..." Her tiny little bust goes squish under his finger, and she visibly drools. "Mmm, privacy. We should go somewhere more private... heh." She waggles her eyebrows and her form shifts. Where once the little thing in front of Harry was an angel, now she appears quite a bit more devilish.

The former angel, now devil makes herself a little larger and glomps herself against Harry. "Mmm, you must work out..." As she hugs him, Harry feels a little less... grounded than usual. He's no longer standing on the floor, the two of them now starting to float up towards the ceiling.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:09 pm

Harry blinks and squirms. "W-Wha?! Hey!" he says blushing as he starts to float off the ground. He frantically looks around for anyone else. "Ok, the pranks not funny anymore. Someone stop this!" he says as his feet move around in the air. What in the world is happening?!
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:25 pm

The little devil keeps rubbing herself against Harry in a rather creepy kind of way. But they keep rising higher and higher, crashing through one of the windows in the hall and rocketing up through the air. He could get her grabby mitts off of him, but... then he'd drop a good distance. This is looking less and less like a prank, and more like some bizarre dream.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:30 pm

Harry proceeds to scream his head off as they bolt up into the sky! "HEY! STOP THIS! THIS ISN'T SAFE!" he exclaims and looks as the devil girl cuddles him. "AND HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE! Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!" he shouts grabbing unto the devil girl for dear life. "I TAKE IT BACK! I DO WANT TO TAKE THE TEST!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:33 pm

The rush of the air around them, the screaming, and the lack of reciprocation starts the little devil to pouting. She shifts, and is once again the angel. They slow down, but are still in the air as they fly towards the city. Now that they aren't rocketing through the air, flying does feel... pretty neat.

"Sorry, sorry! I get a little carried away sometimes. But there really is great danger, and you are the only one who can stop it." The angel looks down at the road beneath them with worry. "There are bad people messing around with things they don't understand. A lot of innocent people are going to be hurt."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:20 pm

Harry eeeps and tries not to look down. "What do you mean, I'm the only one? I'm just a normal high schooler! Shouldn't you get someone else like the police or... the army?" he says as he looks at the angel. "Why me?" he asks still holding to the angel fearing for his life... even if this feels kinda cool.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:48 am

The angel frowns, looking up to Harry as they fly before she buries her head into his chest. "Because... you're special. You're more brave and caring than you ever give yourself credit for. I know you better than you might think... and there's no one better for this job than you." She... hugs him as they fly, picking up speed as they start to move over the city skyline.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Next

Return to Roleplaying