Curves of Steel

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Curves of Steel

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:07 pm

He flushes slightly... was she...? Maybe she was just... being grateful. But... maybe it was more. He smiles. No time to be hesitant. He WAS Confident Fist, after all.

"Some Heroes get caught up in the celebrity. But I believe in the core teanants of the Hero Association. Helping those in need is its own reward." He says, doing his best to push out his chest while not looking too... peacock-y.

=================================

The Emperor smiles at that. "Of a sort, yes... Tell me. What are your ambitions? What brought you here... and what keeps you? What drives you onwards every day when you wake from your bed... And is it enough? Tell me. Are you content where you are?"
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:06 pm

"Mmm, I'm sure it is. Even so, I feel I should give you something for all of your hard work." She turns, now walking backwards. She manages to keep her elegant sway on her heels despite the usually awkward direction. Watching her, there seems to be no one around... and if he were able to pry his eyes away from her, he might notice the two of them standing in a secluded alleyway. She leans forward a little, puckering up her lips. "Close your eyes..."

=====================

Carson is about to answer that he is happy with where he is... but the words don't come. He frowns to himself with a sigh. "No. To be honest, sir, all this time I've only been working to keep myself alive, to make sure my superiors or some cocky hero doesn't put me down." He shrugs. "Sure, I'd like more. Who doesn't? But henchman like me... we don't get more."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Alex pauses... wow... that certainly takes some practice... she's really... good at that. His flush deepens slightly. Something about this seems a little odd, but... maybe she just has a thing for heroes...? Mmm... regardless... as she gets closer, he gives a half smile... a small shrug... and closes his eyes.

===============================

The Emperor gives a thin smile. "Good... you answered honestly." He leans back in his chair. "And what if you weren't a henchman? I'd like to give you an opportunity. You can either continue the way things are... or take the path to power. Agent Twenty-Four. Would you be interested in becoming my newest Lieutenant?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:50 pm

When he closes his eyes, Alex hears a soft, yet menacing chuckle. "Good boy..." And then, suddenly, he feels something shiver through him, making him feel stiff and cold. Strangely, he can still see around him, but he knows his eyes are closed. His arms and legs start moving of their own accord... and when he tries to move them himself, they pay him no heed. In fact, he feels like he is just a passenger, even his voice not letting him speak up about his discomfort. "You know, you really should pay more attention to the people you meet. If you knew who I was, you wouldn't have been so eager to follow me." She spins a little, her hair billowing out behind her. "Since it doesn't matter now, I'll tell you. Maybe you have heard of me... of Sleeper Agent."

Wait, Alex had heard that name before. There was a villain that could make people sleepwalk and do whatever he wanted... but he had been declared dead a year ago. And he was much too young for this woman to be his daughter...

============================

Carson blinks. A lieutenant? He would be in the inner circle... surrounded by all these beautiful girls. He wouldn't have to go on the dangerous missions, he could delegate those to others. "Y-yes, of course!" Best of all, he wouldn't have to fear for his life. He would be secure. He stands up straighter, smiling. He might finally be at the end of his dark tunnel.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:05 pm

Alex blinks... opening his eyes... or trying to. Whats going on? Sleeper Agent? How... none of this makes sense, but red flags are flying everywhere. He struggles to get moving again!

====================

The Emperor smiles. "Good... I'm glad you feel this way. I want you to report to Silver Sanctuary. She will be your trainer." That was something of a relief as well. Silver was widely known as the... well... sweetest of all of the Emperor's lieutenants. Its hard to believe the stories of her infiltrating high security strongholds and incapacitating hundreds of guards when she does things like bake cookies for the rank and file henchmen. She always seemed to have a smile.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Alex finds that opening his eyes is just as impossible as controlling his arms or legs... but he is still moving forward, if stiffly. He can sense the woman in front of him... even sense the little finger curled behind her, beckoning him to follow her. They walk for a long time, mostly taking side streets as she saunters in front of him. She says nothing, but every now and then she looks back and gives him a satisfied smirk. On and on she walks ahead of him... and on and on his limbs betray him, following her every swaying step. Eventually, they approach one of the large, shimmery skyscrapers and walk through the front lobby, all arrayed with tasteful art and floral arrangements... a pretty and kind looking receptionist waving to the woman as they entered a silver elevator. "Ah, home at last. Are you still comfy, my puppet?

====================

Carson lets out a relieved sigh. If he was supposed to report to Silver, then he was definitely safe. Sure, she still had her powers, but she was so nice to him and the other henchmen. It almost didn't make sense that such a caring person could be a villain, but who was he to question the Emperor? "Thank you sir. I'll make sure you don't regret this decision." Heh... and he shouldn't regret it either. No wonder Crystal was looking huffy. She was no doubt angry that he was about to invade their girls' club.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Alex tries to call out... to anyone on the street... to the receptionist... anyone! He thrashes again, or tries to. Its so frustratingly useless. Whatever this girl intended, it couldn't be good...

========================

He nods. "See that you don't. You are dismissed." He says, then goes back to looking at his holographic displays.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:19 am

The woman giggles in delight. "Oh, I do like it when they squirm." She grins, setting a hand on her full hip as the elevator hums, taking them down into the sublevels below. After a moment, it stops with a ding and the silver doors open into a large underground complex. A large, domed central room has a garden in full bloom under bright yet homey lamps, the sides honeycombed with tunnels leading to other areas. Walking in and out of these tunnels and around the outside of the round room are a multitude of women, all in a skirted uniform of mostly black with dashes of pink. And standing in the center of the garden is the most beautiful flower of all... a woman in black and lace. She tends to the flowers, smiling as she does so.

==========================

Carson stands and gives another salute, turning sharply and heading out. Now turned away, he lets the fear in his face finally out. That was stressful, but he made it. He's not just another faceless number... he'll be a Lieutenant. Maybe he'll get a cool codename as well. Heh, he'd always wanted one of those.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:36 am

Alex looks around in confusion. What the heck was going on here...? All these ladies... this place... and the strange underground garden. What could they want with him...?

===========

Well they certainly all did have codenames as far as he knew. More than something like 'Agent Twenty-Four'. He'd be more than a number... he'd really have a future. And as far as he knew, none of the lieutenants had been dismissed either. He could really have some security here.

Silver Sanctuary, he knew, wasn't too far away from the 'inner ring' where he was. All of the lieutenants lived in this more luxurious and highly secured section of the fortress. He might be getting his own room here soon. Outside he sees Crystal Heart... still looking pouty. "So... how did it go?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:22 am

It's all so confusing, especially as he still feels the eyelids over his eyes. The woman commands him forward, marching stiffly into the center of the great room. The woman looks up from her flowers and clasps her hands together. "Ah, you've returned, my dear. And I see you have a prize for me." She grins as Alex stiffly comes to a stop right in front of the woman in black. She waves her hand at the woman in red. "You may release him. I should have no trouble controlling him from here." The woman who called herself Sleeper Agent nods and drops her fingers. Alex's eyes blink open... and while everything is more clear now, he sees exactly what he had been seeing before.

==================

Carson is really feeling good about himself, and after another cleansing breath, he gives her a smile. "I'm going to be a Lieutenant! I guess that will make us the same rank now. I, uh, hope that won't be a problem." He gives her a small smile and extends his hand for a shake.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:26 am

Alex blinks his eyes open... and immediately goes into a fighting stance. "I don't know who you are, but don't think you can get away with this!"

===========================

She humphs... keeping her arms folded. "Don't presume to be on the same level as me, newbie. You've just moved up, and your going to have to adapt fast." She leans forwards... thrusting out those lovely orbs on her chest... even as she glares. "I won't have you disappointing the Master... you understand...?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:12 am

The woman in black purses her lips together, fails to hold back a snort, and then lets out a loud, hearty and melodic laugh. "Oh, you are simply adorable! Dreamweaver told me you had spunk, but you really are something." The woman in red nods satisfactorily. "But where are my manners? I know who you are, Mr. Confident Fist. But I fear you've never heard of me." She takes a step forward. Her movements make the woman who had been controlling him look oafish. "I am Impulse. But you may call me Mistress. You are no prisoner, but rather, a guest. There is no need to fight or to struggle. I wish only to have an audience with you." She... does seem to make a point, and she doesn't exactly look all that threatening, standing in this rather fragrant garden. "Will you let me speak, or would you be a savage in my home?" It... would seem rude to try to hurt this lovely woman in such a pleasant setting. He doesn't want to be rude... does he?

=======================

Carson gulps, trying his best not to stare. Leaning like that, Crystal looks like she's about to pop out of her uniform... but the threat of her fists is of more importance. "Of course not! I wouldn't be here if I didn't get the job done. I'll show you..." He steps forward, gulping as he tries to meet her stare. "I can be just as valuable as you ladies."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:28 am

Alex sweatdrops a bit at that... that wasn't exactly the best of introductions... but... still. He frowns... looking over the fluid movements of the woman in black. She just wanted to... he raises an eyebrow, but keeps up his guard. "If you wanted to speak to me, there were much easier ways than that." He says... shooting a dirty look to 'Dreamweaver'.

===========================

Yes... he's heard tales of those. And seen evidence first hand. When she works up a rage, she can tear through metal with her bare hands. That along with regeneration made her very hard to stop. She stares back... "Hmph... At least you have a spine." She says, grudgingly. Turning. "Fine, tough guy. Follow me." She starts leading him through the citadel. "I'll be handling your missions. While Silver will be handling most of your training. Lucky you, huh? You better hope Creampuff toughens you up enough, though."

She leads them to an executive elevator... which acts like a turbolift from Star Trek. Going in, up, down, around... zooming through the labyrinthine fortress. Finally it opens to what looks like a tower apartment. There are large breezy windows... sunlight... and the distinct smell of something baking. Flowers decorate the room in vases and growboxes, and the furniture is markedly... soft.

"You hear, Creampuff?" Barks out Crystal... as from the direction of the kitchen, a soft surprised noise is made... followed by the clicking of heeled shoes. Soon after, the soft form of Silver Sanctuary herself appears, and quickly breaks into a wide smile. "Ooooh Crystal! How lovely to have you over!" She coos softly... clasping her hands together happily. "And a guest? How wonderful."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:14 am

"Perhaps. But I have you here now, don't I?" Her smile turns to a smirk. "And it wouldn't be appropriate to offer you a job unless you knew a little about your new employer. Yes... I want you to work for me." She takes a step back and motions her hands around at the grandeur of her lush, bright underground lair. "Haven't you felt a little... stifled? Underappreciated? You have so much potential, but the organization you work for keeps you harassing jaywalkers and pickpockets. Don'g you yearn to be part of something more? Something important?" She steps forward again, her hand gently gliding along his cheek. "I can give that to you. Are you... interested?"

All of the things she mentioned seem to reverberate within him. Just this afternoon, with that purse snatcher. No respect, no way out of this rut. Or when he took out that wet bandit that was flooding those apartments, and one of the more prominent supers got the credit when he swooped in at the last second. He... did feel kind of tired of it all.

==============

Carson gives Silver a small smile and a wave. He'd enjoyed her cooking before, but hadn't really had much opportunity for face time. She was definitely as lovely as Crystal, and nice enough not to cave in his face for saying so. Still, he knew about her missions. The after photos were anything but pretty. "Hello. I, um... I'm supposed to get some training from you? I'm still not exactly sure what all this Lieutenant stuff entails."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:24 am

Alex mmms... well... she did have a few points. It was frustrating being at the bottom of the Hero Association. Upward mobility was tough, and newbie crushers were literal in more ways than one. But still... he hesitates. ''You talk about me getting to know you. But I still know almost nothing... About who you are, and what it is exactly you do..."

===================

Silver blinks... and then giggles. A musical sound that is honey to the ears. "Oh! Silly me. I'd heard we might be getting a new recruit, but so soon..." She mmms. "Ah! But where are my manners? Come in, come in! I'll get you something to drink and we can talk all about it..." Crystal rubs the back of her head. "Right... err, well since thats all, I should get back to-" She's cut off as she tries to retreat by a shimmering wall of force.

Silver wiggles her finger. "Ah-ah-ah! I simply will not allow you to refuse some tea and biscuits~ I know how hard you work, and you never let yourself take some time off. I must insist!" Crystal... of all things... blushes? "Siiiilveeeer! Come on!" Sactuary sets her hands on her hips. "'Come on' nothing! All three of us will have some lovely tea, then you can get back to your work." She beams~ Leading Crystal onwards as she grumbles.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying