[IC] Isla de Formas

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[IC] Isla de Formas

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:42 pm

The little resort island of Isla de Formas is not much more than a sprawling tourist-friendly town, a tall spire with a lighthouse, and a small 'uncivilized' section next to the nature walk with a forest and some caves. It only has one hotel, locally owned, and the residents have the sort of loyalty to each other that would never allow them to sell out their property to big chain of any sort. Still, that local hotel is a fairly lavish affair, two stories of fully decked-out suites with a sort of lobby-slash-lounge on the first floor more than big enough to hold as many as the rooms have space for, and a hotel restaurant with a widely varied, mostly delicious menu depending on who you ask. Its rates are rather cheap for what it is, but even moreso for today's guests. For them, a month's stay is free. However, while the hotel and the town surrounding it have all sorts of amenities for the lucky guests, the island itself has one surprise in store for them that they're not as likely to be happy with.

The night before was a blur of arrivals at the town's little airport in equally little planes, a lavish party for the guests to mingle and pass greetings to one another for the first time. The trip to the island alone was an exhausting affair, to say nothing of the party, all of which culminated in a strong likelihood that every guest went to bed almost as soon as they reached their hotel rooms. So by the time the sun rises the next day, everyone has had some approximation of a good night's sleep. This means nobody will miss out on the surprise, either.

As the sunlight pours in and a few particularly diligent vacationers' alarm clocks go off, the visitors begin to wake...

---------------

((This part pertains to my character, skip to the last sentence if you're only interested in what might be relevant to yours))

Karl had forgotten to close his window blinds, and woke up to the first sight of sunlight through his eyelids.

Or at least, that was what he thought at first. It seemed like something else was waking him up, too, a strange sense of his feet being pulled toward him across the covers and more of his skin directly touching the sheets instead of the shirt he'd gone to bed in the night before. It was weird, but he was still in a half-dream state where he wasn't sure everything he was experiencing was real. He turned over on his side instinctively, and felt something..hairy moving around behind his back, brushing against the covers. That was unusual, to say the least. For another thing, he found his chest was..bigger than he remembered, which was much more noticeable with gravity pulling it sideways.

He made a small grunt, a protest to nobody at not wanting to wake up. "Mmh." That sounded too high. "Mmh?" Trying to make his voice sound normal was unsuccessful; it cracked a little. The tops of his legs happened to move against each other a certain way. "Mmh!?" Her legs.

Karl's eyes opened wide after that, and she scrambled to get herself entirely out of the covers, sitting up on the bedside. She looked down, and she looked..entirely different. First of all, there was very long white hair, long enough for some of it to still be on the bed at this point. Second, she was a woman--can't forget that--and in women's underwear. Third, she had..a tail? It moved around to the front so she could look at it; it was thin, covered in black fur, and yes, it was a tail. For that matter, her ears felt funny...she stood up and walked quickly to the bathroom, a little surprised to find it wasn't hard to move even though her balance felt different and everything was taller, and in that mirror saw big, fuzzy ears the same color as the tail. Both--all three, rather--were moving seemingly entirely on their own.

After taking care of a few things in the bathroom, Karl went to her suitcase. She needed to get out of the room and try to find someone who could tell her whether she was hallucinating, but in case she wasn't it would be good to not spook whoever she met with, well..tail. Not to mention, she wasn't the kind of person who liked to be seen in her underwear. Surprisingly, the clothes were..different. They were mostly the same, but they had changed to fit her body. The underwear was women's underwear, like she was wearing; some of the shorts had been replaced by skirts but not all of them, the hoodie was still there...that was good, that would work.

Jean shorts, which on closer inspection were shorter than she liked, a t-shirt, and over that the hoodie. Force the tail into the hoodie, pull the hood over her head and try to make the ears lie flat. They didn't want to lie flat, and the tail didn't like staying up in the hoodie, but with some practice she managed that. She looked at the dresser where her wallet, room key, phone, other important items had been and discovered a fairly plain tan purse. It was full of the effects that it had replaced, thankfully, and..her ID's, all of them, had the same information but a picture of her face as it was now instead of Karl's. That was...strange, but convenient, these shorts didn't have anywhere near enough room for all of that. Slinging it over her shoulder, she started trying to head for the door, and found her body almost didn't know how to balance itself without the tail's help. She had to lean up against a wall a couple of times, and move very carefully..

About half an hour after sunrise, a white-haired woman in a dark hoodie and shorts, with suspicious bumps under the hood and what looked like a giant worm wriggling back and forth behind the back, clumsily half-stumbled into the lounge, looking around to see if anyone was there.
Last edited by Whatevr89532 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: [IC] Isla de Formas

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Elliot was in the lounge, sprawled on one of the sofas with his feet up. He had a large pair of white headphones on, and was tapping his feet against the arm of the sofa in time to the music he was listening to. He had a glass of orange juice in one hand, while a plate of pastries was in reach, resting upon the coffee table. Dark sunglasses covered his eyes, but he pushed them up to the top of his head as the girl walked in, and he sits up a little, not even attempting to hide the fact he was checking her out. The boy was in a pair of denim shorts to the knees and a light blue t-shirt with a red and white guitar across the chest, while his feet were bare, and his light brown hair was pulled back from his face with a simple black band across the top of his head.

"I don't remember seeing you at the party... ", he says, blue eyes admiring her legs in those shorts.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:06 am

"Ugg...," was heard from a mess of covers on a bed. A hand was slowly raising out of the mess to remove the covers off to reveal a body of a young man with messy bedhair. The young man rubbed his eyes and tried to get out of bed but simply lay there for another five minutes. Eventually he was able to drag himself out of bed and shuffle around. His feet kicked his shoes and bags that he had brought with him for the trip. It was only a day but the man's room was already a messy.

The young man eventually removed remove his baggy shirt and shorts off. He simply threw them on the floor along with the other bits of mess that litter the room. He figure now was a good chance to get some breakfast. He pulled out a wrinkled shirt and pants from his suitcase and put them on. Eventually he left the room without a second thought about the mess in his room. After all, he was on a vacation and shouldn't have to worry about cleaning. If anything, the room service will take care of that for him.

The young man made his way to the lounge in an attempt to look for breakfast. His mind was trying to recall the events of last night but they were all a haze. He remembered arriving to the island with great fanfare. There was a party with the other guests and he remembered having fun. The problem was that he had no idea what happen. The other problem was that the lounge had two other people in it. One person was some girl wearing a hoodie and the other was a young man. Neither one did the man knew the names of. He suppose that shouldn't matter as they must be trying to get something to eat as well.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:29 am

From the reaction of the first person she saw, Karl realized that she wasn't used to being attractive. His appearance was about average by most standards, but apparently she was at least pretty enough for a guy to look at. Besides that, being attractive as a girl was definitely a different experience from being an attractive man anyway. But at least she could be reasonably sure she wasn't hallucinating. After that: This person was..Elliot, right? Karl hadn't met him personally the night before, but had a habit of picking up names as people introduced themselves to each other. And of course he hadn't seen her at the party, in a manner of speaking she hadn't been there. There was no reason to think he'd have any idea what was going on.

All of this thought took just long enough to create a few seconds of awkward silence before she realized he'd said something that required a response, and quickly settled on a neutral one: "Uhh..well, it was a pretty big party, right?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:51 pm

Without getting up from the sofa, Elliot shrugged his shoulders at the girl's comment about the party. Finishing off the juice, he set the glass down and reached for a croissant, and took a great big bite from it. Of course, Mike didn't get anywhere near as much of his attention when he made his way in from his room, but he did at least get a nod in greeting.

"It wasn't bad... but I don't suppose most of you guys have the party experience I do", he says with a grin after chewing and swallowing. "Isn't it a little warm for a hoodie?", he asks, his gaze drifting towards her chest. "I figured the girls would want to be out there in the bikinis to catch some sun... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mystic Mina » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:51 pm

"Ah, mierda..."

Rico tossed and turned on the satin white sheets of his bed as the ringing clock on his bedstand assaulted his ears. He didn't like the sound. It was too loud, high, happy, none of which he wanted to be now or ever. No, he wanted nothing more than to hide beneath the covers and sink back into oblivion, much like he'd done the night before. He couldn't bear to see a soul. Not after the night he... Well, that's a story for another time.

He reached out to silence the bothersome alarm, only to freeze with quiet horror when he saw what peeked from the covers. That was NOT his hand. His hand was not supposed to be that thin. Or small. Or pretty. In fact, it almost looked like the hand of a-

"Chica!" The high-pitched, girlish words spilled from Rico's lips, and he immediately sat up upon the bed to rip the sheets away...

A scream shot down the hotel's corridors. A tan-skinned teenager with wild mane of dark hair followed soon after. She didn't know where she was going, but the primitive, instinctual part of her mind was telling her to RUN. And so she did, right into the lounge. Her chest heaved beneath the oversized white shirt draped over her petite figure, but she still had enough breath in her lungs to say this:

"¡Qué putas pasa!"
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ookalf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:41 pm

"Boy, these folks sure are loud early in the morning..." Scotty, having been woken up a bit earlier than he'd like by Rico's screaming, quickly threw on his usual plain shirt and faded pants and made his way out to the lounge, where the noise seemed to be coming from. "Now, what's all this ruckus about?"
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:00 pm

"That's..." Karl started to say something, maybe a lie about her room being cold, but that was incongruous with her wearing shorts right now. This wasn't a very good choice of wear to hide the weird furry parts and be inconspicuous or at least a believable story. But before she needed to worry about finishing the sentence, she was interrupted by a yell.

It was loud and sudden, and she reflexively yelped at it. "Yip!" Correction: She..reflexively yipped at it. It sounded very dog-like, and to make matters worse she had physically jumped a bit and her ears had shot up in just the right way to fling the hood off.

"Uhh.." There were about four other people in the room: Way too many. Karl froze in place for a good several seconds.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:02 pm

The man was still rather lost and felt hungry as well. He saw that the two people from before were talking and was going to leave them alone in search for where they would serve food. The problem was that he had no idea where to start. It wasn't like he was told where things were the other day. That was when the man decided to go ahead and just ask the young man and woman if they knew where to go for food.

Though that was stopped right away when some tan skinned girl was running though the lounge like a crazy person. The young man shook his head and mouthed to himself, "Come on. It is way too early to do that.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:57 am

As Rico stood at the lounge's doorway, her open mouth still gasping for air, several thoughts slowly slid their way into her panicked mind: 1.) She was a girl now. 2.) She barely had any clothes on. 3.) There were people standing around her. A LOT of people.

Of course, no one in the room would believe what happened to her this morning; most of them probably thought she was bat**** insane. She struggled to think up an excuse for her running and yelling, though the morning drowsiness still lingering in her brain didn't help much with her plight. After a long, awkward half-minute, she only had this golden turd of a response:

"I, ah... I almost missed breakfast," Rico mumbled, her words tinged with an exotically cute Spanish accent, before hastily sitting herself down on Elliot's sofa with her eyes turned low.

Brilliant.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:58 am

Elliot heard the yell like everyone else, but Karl's reaction held his attention for the moment. His eyebrows arched at the surprised sound she'd made, but what was even more curious was the appearance of something on the top of her head when her hood fell back. Swinging his feet to the floor, he stood up and stared in confusion at her ears.

"What the...", he started to say when yet another pretty girl arrived in the lounge. Now he was torn over who to stare at, but his blue gaze wandered to the barely dressed Rico, panting for breath in the doorway before she spoke in that fascinating accent. When she came over and sat on the couch, he found himself right between the two girls, and there was a stirring in his shorts as he looked back and forth...

"So... uh... anyone up for beach volleyball?", he asks as he nudged the plate of pastries closer to Rico.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:06 am

Karl unfroze, more snapped in two than thawed. "Beach v--are you a sitcom character?" she yelled, throwing her hands up and not even caring that her tail had just popped out of the hoodie behind her. "Do you have no idea how weird this is? These are real," she said, pointing to her ears, "I'm hearing through them, and if you pull on them they won't come off and it hurts," (she actually pulled at both of them fairly hard with her hands to demonstrate), "and they weren't there last night!" She started pacing, no longer addressing anyone in particular. "And why is my hair white? I'm not an albino, my eyes are brown, this doesn't make any sense and I'm pretty sure I'm having a nervous breakdown."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Scotty was about to ask Rico if breakfast was really worth screaming about like that, until Karl's outburst drew his attention away. "...This some kinda prank or somethin'? Like, I'm no scientist, but I'm pretty sure none o' that stuff's even possible, miss..."
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:01 pm

The yelling girl had startled the man. Apparently this girl really wanted to eat breakfast even more then him. That was strange but things got even stranger as the girl in the hoodie not only showed to have ears on her head but was also panicking as well. The man didn't remember anybody from the party with wolf ears. He would have surely remembered that feature from anyone.

Though the man started to make his way to the wolf girl and tried to place an arm on her shoulder.

"Hey. It is fine," said the man as he patted her on the back. "I don't know what is going on and it sounds like you don't either but calm down. Lets try to think things though. How about you tell us what you know. Alright?"
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:52 pm

The poor Spanish girl couldn't tell what was more unnerving: The boy clearly trying to hit on her, or the wolf-eared chica screaming her lungs out. At least now she knew she wasn't the only one changed by this apparently cursed hotel. It was a small comfort. A small, practically nonexistent comfort in a churning sea of panic, but still.

Rico wasn't quite ready to expose herself, though. Well, more than she already had. While Karl ranted and raved, she simply sat in uncomfortable silence and waited for an answer to this nonsensical chaos.

... but she did take a bite from one of Elliot's pastries. The running took a toll on her, after all.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Roleplaying